UPDATE: Hasbro files lawsuit - Warner Bros. to make a D&D Movie. AICN

Dausuul

Legend
Besides all that. What person that plays d&d won't watch a bad d&d movie? You all know that we would watch it just because it's d&d.

Maybe you will. I won't. I haven't seen a single one of the D&D movies. I expected them to suck horribly, all the reviews confirmed that they did in fact suck horribly, I didn't waste my time.

Given who's writing the new one, I expect to continue not seeing the D&D movies.

DnD_Dad

First Post
I remember seeing the first one in the theater and was disappointed so bad I never watched it again. The second on however was much better than the first, but was still bad. I don't know, maybe I just find things to enjoy about bad movies and try no to get to emotionally invested in something I know can't be done right.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
thanks. that was good for a chuckle.
There were only 2 reasons to watch that first D&D movie: to see Tom Baker act again, and to see a Wayans brother tortured and killed.

There's a persistent rumor that Baker only accepted the role of an elf in that movie because, when it was described to him, he misheard and thought he'd be playing an "elk."

Also, the Nostalgia Critic's review is funny, but I still prefer the Spoony One's review, though it's written rather than filmed.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
ItNoTK starts with farmers actually fighting like farmers! with shovels and hoes! (OK, I understand that was lifted from the video game, but how many times do the farmers in movies all have broadswords or compound bows, or just happen to have master weaponsmiths in town?)

D&D movie looks to have been written by someone who has no idea what RPGs are like, or what the worlds should/could be, probably decision by committee, with an emphasis on not offending religious fanatics in the bible belt. So neuter any references to gods, and make sure that the wizards are mostly bad people.

I can believe Baker wanted to play an elk. That sounds just like him.

Oh, for reviews: Mr Cranky

Nytmare

David Jose
ItNoTK starts with farmers actually fighting like farmers! with shovels and hoes! (OK, I understand that was lifted from the video game, but how many times do the farmers in movies all have broadswords or compound bows, or just happen to have master weaponsmiths in town?)

I might be mistaken, seeing as how I've only seen the first 3/4 or so of that fight, but don't the farmers fight like an army of ninjas armed with shovels and hoes (and also machetes and boomerangs?)

Jhaelen

First Post
Maybe you will. I won't. I haven't seen a single one of the D&D movies. I expected them to suck horribly, all the reviews confirmed that they did in fact suck horribly, I didn't waste my time.

Given who's writing the new one, I expect to continue not seeing the D&D movies.
Ditto, ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Remove ads