Updated errata will be released within the next month!

We didn't actually have Sage Advice in a long time, did we? Or was it moved from the main website to somewhere else?

It's not that I have anything against errata per se, but Sage Advice has started making significant (and often bizarre) changes to the rules under the guise of "clarifications."
Sage Advice never changed any rules. It only explains how rules are supposed to be interpreted.

If you think it changed rules then you simply misinterpreted them before the clarification.

We didn't actually have Sage Advice in a long time, did we? Or was it moved from the main website to somewhere else?

Crawford stills does Sage Advice, just that it is only done online as part of a weekly podcast. I am still very disappointed they went to this format instead of giving it to us in a written format.

Crawford stills does Sage Advice, just that it is only done online as part of a weekly podcast. I am still very disappointed they went to this format instead of giving it to us in a written format.

He does the longer form discussion there.

However, questions people have he generally responds to on Twitter, which is generally much, much better since he can respond to far more questions rather than having people ask and hope their query is one of the five he's able to cover in a monthly article.
And the answers are compiled: https://www.sageadvice.eu/

Parmandur

Book-Friend
He does the longer form discussion there.

However, questions people have he generally responds to on Twitter, which is generally much, much better since he can respond to far more questions rather than having people ask and hope their query is one of the five he's able to cover in a monthly article.
And the answers are compiled: https://www.sageadvice.eu/

The Twitter/streaming format also drives home the casual nature of the rulings: they aren't rule changes, just optional interpretations of existing rules.

lkj

Hero
I think people are reading way too much into that, and hearing what they wanted to hear.
Mostly because they mentioned rangers and errata in the same podcast.

I don't think you are wrong. I don't expect anything too major. But it is why there is more interest than usual.

AD

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
I wonder what still needs to be fixed in the written text of the core books... I am not expecting more than a couple of fixes per book.

Nevertheless, I've been having the feeling for a while that they still won't correct the text for the Dungeon Delver feat. :hmm:

CapnZapp

Legend
My hope is they clarify that an animal companion of a Beastmaster Ranger continues to do whatever it was doing when it got its last command from the Ranger if it receives no contrary command.

I hope they don't label that explicit rule change as a "clarification" when it is obvious errata.

CapnZapp

Legend
Important to note the difference between Sage Advice and Errata. Sage Advice is clarifications to existing rules; errata is an actual change to the rules. You can (and probably should) ignore Sage Advice and JC's twitter feed to your heart's content. Errata is usually something that was originally misprinted, or possibly a balance adjustment (which should be rare in 5E).
This is what WotC wants you to believe, yes.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I hope they don't label that explicit rule change as a "clarification" when it is obvious errata.

We're talking about errata in a thread labelled errata. I don't personally care what they label it as as I don't imagine that would impact anyone's game if the label says errata or clarification in a document listed itself as errata. I know you have some issues with companies "getting away with" stuff and that your comment might reflect that view, but I don't personally share your views on that.

Last edited:

Remove ads