D&D (2024) WotC D&D Comunity Update for June 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasper

Rotten DM
They are using clunky language. We are discusssing on how to use the PHB 2024. In shop we tell each other if we are discussing PHB 2014, PHB 2024. Then the spokesperson goes and says you can still use your books with the PHB 2024. Then rattles off the books. And all the books were "Adventure Paths", "Adventures", or "Campaigns" books. So if they want to be CLEAR. Use the words, "Adventures" when talking about Stradh, Citadel, Wildmount etc.

HammerMan

Legend
It would be really fascinating to produce an alternate 5e based on playtest material that got dropped!
Ironically I who am so down on it being the default google forward would LOVE a set of books on alternate takes. It would maybe give me some hope for the modularity they were shooting for back during next.

They have not been cagey. At all. They have been completely upfront. Literally: in the first announcement from last summer they spell out, up front in the video, that OneD&D is the name of the overall project, including a rules update with the integration of DnDBeyond and a VTT, and that the books themselves will simply be called D&D going forward, using the very successful 5e chassis.

The immediate confusion, such as it was (and I think it is very overstated) has been mostly coming from a few loud voices on forums like this who almost instantly insisted that this had to be a new edition, yadda yadda. And haven't stopped. I understand the historical context for this confusion. What I don't understand is that, despite having the project explained over and over, some folks have just seemed to dig in their heels and say "nope." I fully expect that twenty years down the road some folks will be sticking to that position even as 99% of players don't know what they are talking about.

So no, WotC have not refused to name it. The name will be "D&D." As they originally announced.
It goes back further than that really. When 5e came out the said the just wanted to call it Dungeons and Dragons and for it to be a forever edition of possible

In my own very limited experience no one I personally know that normally pre orders did this time becuse of the change coming and the thought they may want to move to digital
My sample size is small though. Like 2 dozen people 2/3 of them never pre order and less then 1/2 but most books…
Of the 4 “completists” that pre order everything and the one who pre orders most all are sitting to wait.
What are they waiting for?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
There is no point in telling someone an argument is over. Feel free to walk away but I still see nothing but you (disrespectfuly no less) disagreeing
Thankfully, you don’t get to tell anyone how they’re allowed to end an interaction.

You wanna keep harping on supposed incompatibilities that aren’t incompatible, go for it. I’m gonna not participate in that.

HammerMan

Legend
Thankfully, you don’t get to tell anyone how they’re allowed to end an interaction.

You wanna keep harping on supposed incompatibilities that aren’t incompatible, go for it. I’m gonna not participate in that.
Okay so you are leaving as long as I let you get the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads