D&D (2024) WotC D&D Comunity Update for June 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerMan

Legend
Not really, though. I mean, you need to reply to the surveys and tell them not to do the things that you don't like.
100% agree. I and most of my closest Dnd friends do so carefully.
And you're perfectly free to try to recruit other like-minded individuals to join you.
Sometimes I do that but to be honest I have lost much faith in it. @GMforPowergamers had a whole group going trying to do it for things I (mostly) agree with and an OSR group I am in on face book is trying but (again mostly) things I disagree with. However I don’t know that organization works unless you hit a fad and get to meme it.

Also I am not good at coming up with witty quick slogans. My hashtag would take up a whole tweet or be meaningless (maybe both)
What I don't think is all that useful is to treat the upcoming books like you know what will be in them. That hasn't been decided yet. At least not in the details.
The discussion isn’t (or at least shouldn’t) 2024 books WILL be for sure.
The discussions I try to have normally go like this: if this and that go through it will break that and this other thing… then I am told BOTH that this is a fix that the old way was broken AND that it isn’t really a big change so it doesn’t matter. Then people dig in and argue to argue.

HammerMan

Legend
I didn’t dismiss them, I refuted them.
No you didn’t. Not one thing you said counter acted that pact magic become ing half caster prep from arcane list is a major change breaking the 1 class in two. Nothing you said changed that a warlock cantrip by all rules we have today is a cantrip warlocks can take.
I’m not going to go in pedantic word circles with you. Interaction over.
There is no point in telling someone an argument is over. Feel free to walk away but I still see nothing but you (disrespectfuly no less) disagreeing

FitzTheRuke

Legend
No you didn’t. Not one thing you said counter acted that pact magic become ing half caster prep from arcane list is a major change breaking the 1 class in two. Nothing you said changed that a warlock cantrip by all rules we have today is a cantrip warlocks can take.
Yeah, playtests have flaws. That Pact Cantrip flaw is a silly mistake, but it's pretty easy to tell how they MEAN for them to work, and they will easily fix the mistake if they go to print in that form (which might actually be unlikely at thus point).

Again, by all means give your feedback! But don't stress too much about something that is bound to change.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
OK, I’m going to be clear.

1) People are welcome to define a ‘game edition’ however they want. There is no official definition and you, me, WotC, or Zaphod Beeblebrox don’t own the term.

2) People are allowed to disagree with a corporation’s position on something. We are not employees, we’re fans.

3) Getting upset because somebody defines a game edition differently to you says a lot more about you than it does about game editions.

4) This many post reports over a word definition is ridiculous.

Calm it down, folks, or we’ll start booting people from the thread. It doesn’t matter that much.

HammerMan

Legend
Yeah, playtests have flaws. That Oact Cantrip flaw is a silly mistake, but it's pretty easy to tell how they MEAN for them to work, and they will easily fix the mistake if they go to print in that form (which might actually be unlikely at thus point).
The point is you are very politely saying “that was a mistake and I can see how it was made” mean while I have a thread full of people calling me a liar and other posters worse arguing there is NO WAY a anyone could EVER come up with that reading.
Again, by all means give your feedback! But don't stress too much about something that is bound to change.
The funny part is I posted here for advice and WAS posting playtest reports. The problem was other people decided me asking and me reporting (and others reporting) was a reason to argue they were lying not being faithful or worse

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The point is you are very politely saying “that was a mistake and I can see how it was made” mean while I have a thread full of people calling me a liar and other posters worse arguing there is NO WAY a anyone could EVER come up with that reading.
They are pretty clearly wrong. Also strange - I mean, it's been a long-standing tradition in D&D to point out when a rule has an exploitable hole. While it's obvious that you get your pact cantrip from your pact, it's much less obvious (though very extremely likely) that you CAN'T take the other pact cantrips as Warlock Cantrips (without the pact - it's not like they gave them prerequisites!). No, ignore them. You're right that it's a flaw, but it's not one that has any chance of moving forward.

The funny part is I posted here for advice and WAS posting playtest reports. The problem was other people decided me asking and me reporting (and others reporting) was a reason to argue they were lying not being faithful or worse
Try not to let it get to you. Most of that can be chalked up to communicating in text with people who aren't very good at writing what they mean. Everything tends to come off more strongly than people mean for it to. And even if they DO mean it, they're not worth getting too upset about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads