• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urban Arcana:New Orleans Dept.7 (IC)

ShadowX

First Post
"I must tell you, I don't think I can handle this myself. It is not that much of a shock, I have always had my suspicions in the back of the mind, but to think that its real. Orcs and dwarfs, it sounds like it comes from a fantasy novel." Robert gets up and starts pacing the room while looking down at the floor.

Axelos

First Post
Angela watches Robert as he paces, then looks around the room at everyone's faces. Her eyes go back to Robert, then to the director. "I hate to say it, but I agree with him, to an extent. I mean, twenty minutes ago all any of us knew is that our purpose for being here was hush-hush. Then you walk in here and drop this on us less than a minute after we all set eyes on you for the first time. It's a bit much." She pauses, considering, before she continues. "Do we get some time to adjust ourselves to this, or do you expect results ten minutes ago?"

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Austin Krenek: (Human/Male/Fast 1)

Austin roles his eyes at the debate that’s about to start… “Come on people, the public is a mob that doesn’t need to know certain truths for the benefit of civilization. Are society would be changed and lost forever if they knew that the bogyman was real. Hell, they couldn’t even handle the more mundane threats to are country national security. What about UFO’s? What about other more dangerous creatures other than Grumpy and the other six dwarfs?” He looks at the dwarf, ”No offense pal just using you as an example. He looks the rest of the members over, "The answer is pretty simple, civilization as we know it would cease to exists and chaos would rise and eventual reign supreme as the murder rate and crime rate would rise as people would see the biblical apocalypse upon the horizon.” He stresses the biblical apocalypse part in scorn, “Hell the only people to profit form the truth being out there is the TV evangelists!” He looks to the director, ”Anyhow boss, I can take my orders without unnesscerly questions, I’ll get you my list of extra equipment that I want. Premission to be dismissed?”

Last edited:

Jade Solstar

First Post
The Director's face grows stern and he says in an authoratative tone "Alright now please get ahold of yourselves. I have just given you everything you have been searching for and now you can't handle the truth ? You each know I have told you the truth at some level and if you decide you cannot fulfill your obligation then I will release you of duty to leave of your own freewill.

If you should decide to try to cope with it and adjust to your new knowledge then by all means please stay try to help the rest of us figure out the real truth behind the Shadow as we all secretly want to know its mystery. I do not expect any of you to not have a few isssues with the information I've given you but I do expect you to carry yourselves as American governemnt agents with a high priority position that is of utemost importance to all of America's citizens. I am only asking you to do what you can in this matter and you will come to terms with things as you should. Everyone is different and you will each take different approaches in dealing with this.

What other questions can I answer for you ?"

Axelos

First Post
Angela throws her hands in the air in frustration. "So that's it, huh? 'Everything you know is wrong. Black is white, up is down, and short is long. Now get going.' Fine. I'll drive."

Lysander

First Post
Mike has been quiet and still, his mind obviously racing, mulling over the possibilities and scenarios he's just been introduced to. Seeing Angela getting upset, though, and realizing that soon the whole team could erupt in chaos, he speaks up.

In a quiet voice, Mike says "Now, Lt., I'm sure you know that allowing your feelings to take over is no way to start an operation. I myself am having difficulty with the information presented here. Personally, I'm skeptical. But we have a job to do here; I suggest we be patient, and learn for ourselves what is really going on here."

He looks back down,flipping through the file before him, quickly scanning the pages of info, looking for any leads that jump out at him....

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Austin looks at Angela with a helpful look upon his face as he hopes making her laugh will end the tension, "I think that the worlds in enough danger... We really don't need females driving now." He winks at her again and countines, "Besides I'm sure you've had orders in the past that you didn't careful... Same thing here, we have are marching orders and now we need to march."

Axelos

First Post
"Marching orders? You ever serve your country, cowboy?" Angela smiles, looks around the room at the others present, then looks back to Austin. "And as for your first remark, I'd bet Andy Jackson that not one man in this room is a better driver than me. And I'll bet Ben Franklin I'm the best pilot in this building. " She shrugs. "But like I said, I'm ready to go. You'll get not more argument from me. And like I said, I'll drive."

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Austin looks slightly annoyed… ”Yes, dear I’ve serviced my country, you don’t think they would want me around here for my charming personality?” he gives everyone a second to think about that. But it’s a mute point, as I doubt your cleared high enough to look at the dust jackets let alone the files. A pilot huh? I should have known... I doubt you've marched anywhere in your career... period.

ShadowX

First Post
With a sigh of reluctance, Robert says "Would you please stop the bickering, I don't think anyone wants to hear it. On another note, will you let me drive? Something about being behind the wheel calms my nerves." Then a smirk crosses his face and he jokingly states "Besides, I am not to shabby on the road either, the bureau makes sure of that."

Last edited:

Remove ads