• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urban Arcana:New Orleans Dept.7 (IC)

Axelos

First Post
Angela looks around the room, seeing that she's quickly becoming just as unpopular with this crowd as when she first began her training years ago. Why do I do this every time? Why don't I just smile and accept it, because it's not going to change. She levels her gaze briefly on Austin again, then looks to Robert. "Sorry, but I can't help it. It's all the same crap all over again. Maybe I'm overreacting, I don't know. Maybe Austin is just trying to be friendly in his own irritating way. It's just that he has consistently hit precisely the right nerves, even if he doesn't realize it." She looks back at Director Stevens, trying to read his level of irritation and frustration at the tension in the room. "I would completely understand, sir, if you chose to dismiss me from this. Otherwise," she says, turning back to Robert, "I'd like to be a real part of this team. I'd like to be respected, not dismissed because of whatever reason you dream up as a substitution for the real reason, if you get my meaning. If you all prefer, though, I'll just shut up and ride along. I'd rather not talk about this anymore. And yes, Mr. Mendel, you can drive. Obviously, I don't really have any say in the matter. Now shall we go have a look around our new offices, or shall I be leaving?"

Jade Solstar

First Post
Eyeing the room the Director says"Well I am glad to see you all trying to work through this, good, good. Now please do take some time to get acquainted with your new offices and each other. This is has been alot to take in but I am confident you will each deal with it in your own way in your own time.

Now as far as driving I have two military grade hummers, fully equiped in the parking garage. Here are the keys, they are property of the agency but at your full disposal. That means you both can drive. We have found in the past that a team that can be more mobile is more effictive.

Now is thier any other question I can answer for you before I finish up here. I have a flight to catch later today back to the home office, which is a mobile facility, so please do not ask the location."

Axelos

First Post
Angela looks at everyone, waiting to see if any more issues are going to come up and thankful that the director is about to wrap things up. Still, she needs to get this unfinished business with Mr. Krenek straightened out. With a sigh, she says to Austin, "How about we call a truce, eh? You quit with the jibes and I'll try and lay off the attitute. We're going to be working together, after all. Deal?"

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Austin Krenek: (Human/Male/Fast 1)

Austin nodes to Angela and then glances back a director, ”Sir, yeah is there a obstacle course or gun rang in this building or is it off base?”

Last edited:

Jumping up and slamming his fists on the table, although he can now just slightly see over it. Derrik screams after hearing the remarks fly across the room.

"ORCS.......GRUMPY........ I better be damn not hearen those words associated near me again. Just because me mother, may Moradin grow her beard ever long, came from this shadow thing not be meanin that Im not as confused as damn well as you are, I want answers and Im the only one with something personly at stake here, now Id suggest you leave the snide remarks alone and get to work. A tunnel was never dug by gnomes and halflings sittin around ma always said, she didn't know what the hell it meant but she said it..............who in the blessed hell is Moradin?"

He sits down with a complexed look on his face absoloutly stuned at what he just said, and unconsciously fiddling with his pendent necklace.

Jade Solstar

First Post
Director Stevens smiles a painful grin and says]"Well it seems you are all going to do your best to work together, good. As far as a shooting range their are some public ranges around town, mainly on the outskirts but in a a week we will have an agency training course and range available for you we just have to finish the details.

Unless someone stops him, the DIrector willleave through the conference room door, shutting it behind him.

[DM-Let me know what each of want to do, if anything specific about settling in as far as specific offices and such. Otherwise continue with the preparation and planning for your mission.]

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Austin Krenek: (Human/Male/Fast 1)

Austin nods his head at the director final words and gathers the briefcase and other items at the door he stops as he scans the other rooms for a second. He finds what he’s looking for and moves threw the main chamber and into the office or his choice. If anyone seems interested in his new office he gives him or her an irritating smiles as his reply.

OOC: Austin will want the office that gives him the best view of the main chamber and the other officers, as he doesn’t like surprises. Windows and other luxuries are not an interests that he cares about, but he will take them if they are in the interested office.

Lysander

First Post
Micheal likewise rises from the table and proceeds to claim an office (one next door to Austin's). He makes himself comfortable, hanging his suit coat on the back of his chair and laying out the contents of his briefcase on the desk. Unless he is interrupted, he will begin to pore over the information found within...

Remove ads