• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urban Arcana Questions, Comments & Complaints

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Dragons... They nuetered them so to speak.. They removed the Metallic Dragons primary breath weapons, removed the ability to polymorph from the dragons that could (although Wynn [pg 188] of the Knights of the Silver Dragon strangely still possesses this ability)..

This begs the question of:

Why'd they do this to the dragons?

Most of the other changes they made to dragons are relatively minor and forgivable.

Last edited:

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Are feats that grant a class skill to a character affected by starting occupations?

I ask because I was working on a Smart Hero 3/Mage 6/Archmage 2 who has the Hedge Wizard Starting Occupation and the Arcane Skills feat. The arcane skills feat grants the skills that are described under the Mage AdC (Conc, Spellcraft & Craft (Chemical)) as class skills. As for the Hedge Wizard part of this I have selected Concentration as a class skill. Now does the Novitiate part of the character grant a +1 to all Concentration checks because of the feat or not?

Edit: Had the wrong starting occupation listed.

Last edited:

JPL

Adventurer
Buddha the DM said:
Dragons... They nuetered them so to speak.. They removed the Metallic Dragons primary breath weapons, removed the ability to polymorph from the dragons that could (although Wynn [pg 188] of the Knights of the Silver Dragon strangely still possesses this ability)..

This begs the question of:

Why'd they do this to the dragons?

Most of the other changes they made to dragons are relatively minor and forgivable.

Maybe they were trying to limit the power of the metallics, so the PCs have to do more of the smiting?

As for polymorph...beats me. Cooler to explore the problems associated with hiding your big draconic self in the year 2003?

Dismas

First Post
Buddha the DM said:
Are feats that grant a class skill to a character affected by starting occupations?

I ask because I was working on a Smart Hero 3/Mage 6/Archmage 2 who has the Novitiate Starting Occupation and the Arcane Skills feat. The arcane skills feat grants the skills that are described under the Mage AdC (Conc, Spellcraft & Craft (Chemical)) as class skills. As for the Novitiate part of this I have selected Concentration as a class skill. Now does the Novitiate part of the character grant a +1 to all Concentration checks because of the feat or not?

The best place to post this is WoTC Urbana Arcana message board. Add [WOOF!] at the begining of the thread title and Charles Ryan will drop by give you an official answer (might have to wait until monday though) .

Benedict

First Post
Half-Dragon breath weapons

Take a look at the table describing the breath weapons of half-dragons. The good aligned half-dragons got hosed. Remember that breath weapons are the only thing that half-dragons have that are not common to all other half-dragons.

The evil (chromatic) half-dragons can shell out some serious damage, that is HALVED by a save. The good (metallic) half-dragons get effects that are cancelled by a save. The gold half-dragon gets a 30' cone of STR reduction... tempory loss of 1d2 points of str... oh, yeah, that balances well against the red half-dragon getting 6d10.

benedict

Croaker

First Post
Biofeedback=DR?

What is the point of stating that Biofeedback changes some portion of damage dealt to nonlethal damage? Unless the victim has a strength modifier greater than their Constitution score, the net effect is identical to damage reduction. By dumping the concept of subdual damage in favor of the whacky (I will refrain from attacking this concept further) nonlethal damage concept, Biofeedback is much more powerful in d20 Modern than in D&D. Any comments?

Felon

First Post
Dismas said:
The best place to post this is WoTC Urbana Arcana message board. Add [WOOF!] at the begining of the thread title and Charles Ryan will drop by give you an official answer (might have to wait until monday though) .

Well, I keep hearing people suggest this course of action, so I posted my questions to the UA board three days ago. Not only haven't I received any kind of official response, but the replies I did get were quite assanine. I didn't include the WOOF notation though, so I'll try again. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Remove ads