Urdiga, Goddess of Undeath and Misdirection

Bront

The man with the probe
Urdiga, Goddess of Undeath and Misdirection
The Dark Temptress, Lady Death

Enworldian Intermediate Deity
Symbol: A shapely veiled woman with glowing green eyes.
Home Plane: ???
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Portfolio: Undeath, Misdirection, Temptation
Worshippers: Undead, Undead creators, Decievers, and those seeking power through underhanded means.
Cleric Alignments: LE, NE, CE
Domains: Trickery, Charm, Death, Evil
Favored Weapon: Sling

Before Zephos was married to Halina, Urdiga tried to use her personal alure to gain the the favors of Zephos. However, Zephos spurned her affections. Angry, Urdiga lead a flock of souls astray and used their bodies and souls to create the first undead.

Urdiga is the goddess of Undeath, Misdirection, and Temptation. Her followers are many, and their motives are often mysterious. While always evil, followers have been known to do charitable works while hiding their insidious plots. Worshipers are skillful at disguising their activities as those of another deities followers, and often the true repocusions of their actions are not known for years.

Those that worship Urdiga often seek to cheat death, or to gain power through intrigue and misdirection. They seek to tempt others to follow Urdiga with offers of great power for serving her well.

If Urdiga is depicted, or appears to mortals, she is always a shapely and attractive woman of whatever race she desires, and has an aluring and intriguing aura that seems to effect both men and women.

Urdiga accepts donations of blood, as well as the bodys and souls of her worshipers. However, coin is also accepted, and coin gained from others through misdirection is considered as a greater donation that coin alone.

----------------------------------
This should fill one of the evil baddie god rolls, and provide one of the gods with a rival.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
I think both Cleric Alignments and Worshippers are cut and paste errors.

Let's see...

Worshippers: Deceivers; those who seek undeath, or seek power or wealth through unscrupulous means

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
I think both Cleric Alignments and Worshippers are cut and paste errors.

Let's see...

Worshippers: Deceivers; those who seek undeath, or seek power or wealth through unscrupulous means

Yup, fixed that too.

Any comments other than that? :)

Erekose13

Explorer
not sure that she sounds like a greater goddess to me. Intermediate? why had you chosen greater, Bront? Perhaps its just something I am missing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
not sure that she sounds like a greater goddess to me. Intermediate? why had you chosen greater, Bront? Perhaps its just something I am missing.
Really, she seems more like a Lesser Deity who gets by on her wits and misdirections. When you're a Greater Deity, you don't need a scheme to make undead, you just do it and nobody tries to tell you that you can't :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Mostly due to her conflict with Zephos, as well as Temptation and Misdirections being such large coverings, and since it's for those seeking power, as she does, I figured she may have more power than she has displayed by her writeup, hense the greater god status. However, I could drop her down to intermediate if others think that is appropriate.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Really, she seems more like a Lesser Deity who gets by on her wits and misdirections. When you're a Greater Deity, you don't need a scheme to make undead, you just do it and nobody tries to tell you that you can't :D
Nobody tells her she can't now ;)

She's more than a lesser, particularly being in general the patron deity of all undead. She also has some pull amonst the other gods (There may be a coming proposal by someone else that shows this).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Mostly due to her conflict with Zephos, as well as Temptation and Misdirections being such large coverings, and since it's for those seeking power, as she does, I figured she may have more power than she has displayed by her writeup, hense the greater god status. However, I could drop her down to intermediate if others think that is appropriate.
Does she really have all Temptation and Misdirection, though? I thought you said she just used those as ways to cheat death and create undead. If she legitimately has access to all of those portfolios, then El Jefe is right that that doesn't leave room for the Corruption goddess any more.

Remove ads