Urdiga, Goddess of Undeath and Misdirection

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Does she really have all Temptation and Misdirection, though? I thought you said she just used those as ways to cheat death and create undead. If she legitimately has access to all of those portfolios, then El Jefe is right that that doesn't leave room for the Corruption goddess any more.
Well, I view Corruption as a very different aspect of Temptation and Misdirection, though I guess how I view it would be more allong the lines of the Madness deity. It is for seeking power though, and often a deity of seeking power has more power than they might otherwise have.

I do agree that she could easily be an intermediate though. As a lesser, Zephos could have easily crushed her attempt to create the first undead.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Well, I view Corruption as a very different aspect of Temptation and Misdirection, though I guess how I view it would be more allong the lines of the Madness deity. It is for seeking power though, and often a deity of seeking power has more power than they might otherwise have.

I do agree that she could easily be an intermediate though. As a lesser, Zephos could have easily crushed her attempt to create the first undead.
The idea of the Corruption deity was to tempt people to evil and corrupt their hearts, so she would need to have Temptation for sure in her bag of tricks, among other things.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
The idea of the Corruption deity was to tempt people to evil and corrupt their hearts, so she would need to have Temptation for sure in her bag of tricks, among other things.
Well, in that case, I guess it does trump her.

Sorry El Jefe :(

I like Urdiga though, I think she's got a lot of potential as a big badie creater

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Well, in that case, I guess it does trump her.

Sorry El Jefe :(

I like Urdiga though, I think she's got a lot of potential as a big badie creater
To get an idea for a Corruption goddess a la El Jefe / my idea, check out the pantheon thread. I made sure I only posted her there, instead of making a proposal, out of deference to Urdiga, who came first, and El Jefe, who would get first stab at it anyways.

Remove ads