Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Laddie," says Gildrim, "Ah hae nae clue whit ye're goin' oan aboot. Ay coorse Ah kin talk. Whit did ye think Ah wis doin' aw this time, flappin' mah gip fur exerceese?"

Cyian's face starts to turn red."No I didn...."

Trouvere said:
He turns around to stare up at Cyian, but his eyes are twinkling. "I speak seven tongues, eight if you count Gnome,

"Seven?..." Cyian notes Gildrim's experssion.

Trouvere said:
as you probably shouldn't, it mostly consisting of riddles strung together.

"But I speak..."

Trouvere said:
I can speak Common fit for the court of the King of Medibaria.

"You know a king?..."
Trouvere said:
But Ah dinnae see why Ah should gie up mah Dwairrrven herrritage an' upbringin' jes' fur the sak' ay humans wi' softie ears."

"No Gildrim, you shouldn't. Though for the sake of my soft ears I'd really like you to now and again." Cyian gives the dwarf a broad grin.

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Jerrand Redband said:
"You know a king?..."
"Ah ken thaur is a king," the dwarf replies.
"No Gildrim, you shouldn't. Though for the sake of my soft ears I'd really like you to now and again." Cyian gives the dwarf a broad grin.
"Ah'll be shuir tae yell 'duck' instead ay 'jeuk' whan it matters, lad."

Jerrand Redband

First Post
"Thanks, I hope I "duck" and not look up in the sky though." Cyian laughs at this feeling better after the other days battle. "Where to first?" He asks waving at the buildings in the center of town.

serow

First Post
Ter-raen's eyes lower into a horizontal line as the dwarf speaks clear and ungarbled Common for the first time! But as the dwarf further explains about his linguistic capabilities, Ter-raen recalls that the dwarf did demonstrate this capability before. And besides, not wrong to love own heritage. So Ter-raen accepts it all with a smile and a simple shake of his head.

Halford

First Post
Erf, a little perturbed over hearing that you probably shouldn't ount gnome as a language, begins to head for the Inn.

"Lets let Gildrim do te talking, for the novelty if nothin' else!"

He suggests dismounting and heading over to the Inn. And after looking for a suitable individual asks,

"'Scuse me folks, can I bring me do in? He's well trained, or do I need to put him in the stables? Good as gold he is, honest."

covaithe

Explorer
When Erf opens the door to the inn, a sandy-haired human lad not much younger than Cyian comes to greet them.

"What can I do for you, um... sir? Yes, bring your dog in, but if he makes any messes, you'll have to pay to have them cleaned up."

The inn's common room is clean and spacious, with many empty tables. At one end is a large fireplace with a brick chimney. At the other end is a small raised dais, where an entertainer might perform for a crowded room. Along the back wall is a long bar with somewhat bare-looking shelves, a pair of doors, and a stairway leading up.

Aside from yourselves and the boy who greeted you, the room is empty at the moment.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ah've seen busier taverns," Gildrim observes. "Dae they watter doon th' beer haur, aw whit? An' naebody wis best pleased tae see us ootwith."

"Laddie," he says, addressing the inn help - and perhaps his companions brace for another stream of unintelligible Dwarven-inflected dialect, but he continues in good Common, "we'll be spending the night here, the five of us. Some company would be nice. Get to know the locals. Who around here knows about the swamp on your doorstep, for instance? Who's the town gossip? I do like to talk to the town gossip."

Halford

First Post
The gnomes head bobs vigorously in agreement with Gildrim's words and his eyes light up at the mention of the town gossip. Once Gildrim is finished Erf blurts out his reply to the youth.

"Great thanks, hear that Fenenn, no jobbies in here! So what's your name? I'm Erf and this big bundle 'o fur is Fenenn - can he stay with me in me room?- and these are me valorous chums. Don't suppose you know anyone who might be interested in buying this bow do you?"

The little green gnome beamed up at the young man, he reminded him of his old friend Hugh Halder who he still had trouble reconciling with the crotchety old man who was now mayor of Daunton. From Erf's perspective big folks grew up awful fast.

[Sblock=OOC]I hope the fact that a conversation with Erf can feel a little overwhelming is clear. I am trying to play a friendly character with a low charisma so he ought to be a tad irritating. I may start putting ranks into diplomacy later as he gets more experienced with outsiders.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

serow

First Post
I quit, I'm starting an inn. Ter-raen enters the inn with a small smile on his lips, his mood uplifted by the funny song earlier. He looks around for a while, and smells the air a bit. Ah... "So, what's good wine here?" That pouch of gold off those bandits would come in useful here.

covaithe

Explorer
The lad's face splits with a wide grin when he hears that you'll be staying the night. "Welcome to Cragger's Rest, then! Pick any of the rooms up the stairs and to the left. I'm Soren Burwood. Are any of you hungry? There's bread and cheese now, or we can cook something for you in a little while."

To Gildrim:"For gossip, all you have to do is wait a few hours. The folks will start coming in here for a pint or two, then. Ask for old Haskell. Buy him a mug, and he'll tell you stories all night long. Some of them might even be true. If it's information on the swamp you need, you'd best go talk to Sister Anemone at the temple of Galatea. You won't have seen it coming in off the main road, it's tucked away eastwards up against the edge of the water."

To Erf:"Pleased to meet you, Mister Erf. I guess Fenenn can stay with you if you want. Hiya, Fenenn! Who's a good doggie? Who's a good doggie? You are!" He reaches out and tries to ruffle Fenenn's ears.

To Ter-raen:"I don't have much taste for wine myself, but my mother says that the Alphonse Estates vintage is 'tolerable, I suppose'. Which, coming from her, means it's pretty good. Would you like a glass or a bottle?"

Remove ads