Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Halford

First Post
Erf is clearly delighted by Cyin's song, and after it is over stares up at the young man.

"Wow that was great Cyian! Why was he so upset about being friends with a friendly Yeti? Huh, Cyian, why was he upset? She sounds like she liked him, so.."

[Sblock=Sense Motive DC 6]The mischevious grin tugging at the edges of Erf's lips clearly reveals that he is having a little fun with Cyian.

Bluff check. (1d20-1=6) [/Sblock]

As villagers give him odd looks, Erf responds with a friendly wave and what he clearly believes to be reassuring announcements.

"'Ello everone, I'm Erf, I'm forest gnome, which is why I'm green! This is Fenen my Wolfhound, you can pet him if you like he's very friendly." Fenenn somehow manages to look skeptical at this remark, quite a feat for a dog.

"Lets see if we can sell this shortbow for a bitte money for lodgeings 'n such fellas. See anywhere likely? Maybe one of you could sell it? I have trouble reaching counters as a rule, they don't 'ave bar stools."

Last edited:

serow

First Post
Ter-raen chuckles at the funny song! Funny song! Maybe I'll start inn too! The Rain Inn! "You sing well!" Ter-raen tells Cyian with much approval in his voice. "Maybe you can be singer. I hear many singers travel and make good money. You can start inn too!"

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Cyian

"Thank you Ter-raen," replies Cyian to the half-orcs comments. You big dummy why did you go and sing that for. Cyian quickly changes the subject." Hey isn't that the smithy," Cyian says pointy at a one story building bellowing out black smoke." We should sell that bow if we want to stay in a bed tonight and not sleep on the ground."

Trouvere

Explorer
"We're nae sae puir as aw that, at leest, those twa arenae, an' Ah still hae some coins tae mah nam'. But we can sell th' baw, suir enow. An' we kin ask, aw subtle, aboot - " Gildrim drops his voice into a stage whisper - "Carlos Cloodsang." He mangles the pronunciation. "If he disnae live wild amang th' trees wi' his gang ay reivers, he maun veesit this haur clachan noo an' then. Dae ye get mah meanin'?"

covaithe

Explorer
In the main square of the small town, there are four buildings. The inn, of course, with its large double doors. You can see people coming and going from the inn from time to time, mostly from side doors, though occasionally through the front. Most of them look like employees going about the work of the inn, rather than guests. To the right of the inn stands a stables building. Its large door is open, and a man stands inside brushing a horse. He glances at the party for a moment, but seeing no horses, pays no further attention. On the other side of the road is a building with a sign marked "Connor's Goods". People come and go from this building, entering with empty baskets and leaving with sacks of flour, rope, candles, and other assorted basic goods. Next door is the smithy, easily identified due to the smoke, the sound of metal on metal, and the open doorway through which can be seen a leather-aproned man with a hammer.

Strangely, no one seems much reassured by Erf's greeting. One small child makes to approach Fenenn, but his mother quickly grabs his arm and hurries him away, scolding.

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]But, but Erf has a charisma of 8 surely the villagers will flock to him![/Sblock]

Erf seems slightly crestfallen as his cheerful greeting seems to elicit only looks of suspision and wariness.

"It's not easy being green." He says to the group in general, "But I suppose its better than being beige, no offense, better for hiding and such. I always wondered why you big folks were beige, its an odd color, not unpleasent just odd."

"Maybe you could ask about singin' at the Inn Cyian, ye've a bitte good singin' voice 'n ye could ask about Cloudsong, since he seemed the performin' type 'n all. I suppose we're plannin' to stay there fer the night? I wonder if they'll let Fenenn in or whether it'll be the stables again, he doesn't like sleepin' in stable - he's scared of horses."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ah dinnae need ony metalwark doin', an' Ah'm carryin' aw th' supplies Ah kin afair mah legs get shoogly, an' Ah'll hae naethin' tae dae wi' horses if Ah kin help it, sae that leaves th' inn. A guid place tae meet fawk that ur freendly, if only acause thaur livelihuid depends oan it."

Gildrim heads off in the direction of the inn, smiling and waving at everyone nearby. "Good morning, sir! Good morning, madam! My best wishes for the day. Gildrim, son of Darak, at your service!"

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Cyian

"Wha??" Cyian almost trips over his own feet, to busy thinking of how to get out of singing that Gildrim's greetings surprise him completely."Gildrim you can talk!"

Trouvere

Explorer
"Laddie," says Gildrim, "Ah hae nae clue whit ye're goin' oan aboot. Ay coorse Ah kin talk. Whit did ye think Ah wis doin' aw this time, flappin' mah gip fur exerceese?" He turns around to stare up at Cyian, but his eyes are twinkling. "I speak seven tongues, eight if you count Gnome, as you probably shouldn't, it mostly consisting of riddles strung together. I can speak Common fit for the court of the King of Medibaria. But Ah dinnae see why Ah should gie up mah Dwairrrven herrritage an' upbringin' jes' fur the sak' ay humans wi' softie ears."

Remove ads