Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

covaithe

Explorer
Jerrand Redband said:
do i go into my character post and change this in an update box like when you level up or do i just change where the rations and money are right now on my sheet?? sorry still new

ooc: Your char sheet should certainly include your current inventory and money. I don't think anything else is required, but I find it extremely helpful to have a section tracking income and expenses, too. Being able to document where your money and xp came from is helpful not just for you, but also for character judges when it comes time to level up. Check out my character sheet for Tommy Worthallingham if you like, or poke around the character thread; other people do it different ways.

Trouvere

Explorer
Jerrand Redband said:
Cyian wakes and shares a quiet breakfast with Gildrim. When the dwarf heads out for supplies he accompanies him. While out Gildrim makes the young man buy more trail rations.
Not only that, but Gildrim pesters Cyian to buy a bow. "Mah fingers ur too stubby, but yoo're nimble an' keen-eyed. Gie yersel' a wee bow. Ur e'en a sling. If yoo're wantin' a bow, Ah kin lend ye th' coins. We'll be rich enaw suin."

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=party membership]I'll leave the decision on whether to get going or wait for more people up to you all. I'm happy to run the adventure for whoever shows up. Worst case scenario, we'll have LEW's first TPK and have to try again! :D[/sblock]

[sblock=character sheet comments]Disclaimer: I'm not a character judge. These are merely my own musings.

Serow: How does Ter-raen's 6 CHA manifest itself? Is he ugly? Shy? Inarticulate? Doesn't bathe? This isn't likely to affect the game too much, but 6 is a low enough score for CHA that I think it deserves some attention.

Halford: I'm loving Erf so far. Glancing through your char sheet, I can see that I'm going to have my hands full trying to keep track of all of his abilities and modifiers. I will surely fail eventually, so please help keep me honest. One thing I noticed: the +6 misc mod for his hide check. He seems to have lots of things that could affect hiding, but I couldn't get them to add up to +6. Where does that come from? Regarding Forest Gnome vs. Rock Gnome, I'm looking forward to seeing how the character judges rule on that, but I don't see the differences as likely to affect this adventure much.
Also, regarding your plan for survival checks, two things. First, no taking 10 on Aid Another, so Fenenn will have to roll it, which I'm sure will be fine. Second, if Erf is making the survival checks, I think I would rather that he be moving at half of his own speed, not half of his mount's. Imagine if he were riding a phantom steed cast by a 20th level wizard; I can't picture Erf being able to gather nuts and berries and such while moving at 120'.

Jerrand: Is Cyian approved or not? I can't quite tell from his character sheet. The only other comment I have is that I notice you have more than one Perform skill. And, your perform(singing) ranks are low enough that you can't use any of your bardic abilities with them (inspire courage, etc., all need at least 3 ranks), which makes me wonder what you plan to do with those two ranks. I could imagine using something like the aid another mechanic to give yourself a circumstance bonus. Is that what you have in mind? Note also that using instrumental perform checks in combat will require you to have an instrument in hand.

Trouvere: I was going to ask how Gildrim's 6 CHA plays in practice, but reading his background, I think I begin to see. Good stuff. :)[/sblock]

serow

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
covaithe said:
Serow: How does Ter-raen's 6 CHA manifest itself? Is he ugly? Shy? Inarticulate? Doesn't bathe? This isn't likely to affect the game too much, but 6 is a low enough score for CHA that I think it deserves some attention.
Ter-raen speaks very little. When he speaks, it's very simple and direct. All of his lengthier lines are almost always in the form of "thought" bubbles.[/sblock]

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Cyian

ooc: Cyian is approved and singing isn't cyians strong suit because he has that high alto voice so he didn't practice it as much as the harp that's why it's low for now i was going to ask how singing and playing an instrument affect each other but that can wait for another time

Cyian takes the drawfs advice and buys a sling and pouch of bullets he looks forward to practicing the first time the party makes camp. :)

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC] Hey Corvaithe, thanks for the feedback on Erf's character sheet. I am pretty sure its still right, but I have attempted to make it clearer. The misc. modifier is +4 Size, +4 racial, and -2 armor check penalty for his heavy wooden shield.

I really chose Forest Gnome for flavor purposes and don't plan on using many of the classes unique traits so if the judges rule he needs to be a Rock Gnome it shouldn't change important anything. He can hide, but probably won't - Fenenn can't hide so from his pov it wouldn't do him much good, Pass without Trace is unlikely to come into play and the racial ability to speak with Forest creatures on a basic level is far too vague for me to feel comfortable making a lot of use of.

As for the survival check, I have to agree with you on that, it ought to be half Erf's speed and the Phantom Steed example is very apt. Having combed the books I cannot find a suggested modifier for mounted survival checks. Since hunting mounted seems nearly as viable as doing so on foot how about a -5 penalty? Not a big deal, but I would prefer Erf to live off the land for flavor purposes.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"Ah'm lookin' forward tae this expedition. Ah dinnae ken anythin' aboot th' swamps ur Clan Mordren, sae Ah'll be learnin' new things aw th' time. Exactly whit Ah wis sen' awa' frae - Ah mean left mah clanhold tae do."

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Halford: aha! I was forgetting ACP, as usual. Regarding survival... Let's call it a -2 penalty for doing it mounted on Fenenn moving at half his speed. That lets you take 10 and feed yourself and Fenenn, but you'd need a successful Aid Another, from Fenenn or someone else, to feed anyone else. Of course, if you use a different mount, or even one of the same kind that isn't your companion, the penalty will probably increase. I doubt that will happen often, but we'll reassess as needed. Finally, I notice that Ter-raen has a good survival modifier too, and 40' speed to boot.

Awaiting actions...[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Erf grins and waggles his eyebrows at Cyian.

"Well any'ow I suppose there's no time like the now if we want to get there hey? Now don't ye big fellas mind if me 'n Fenenn here range out a bitte wy we're gonna try 'n nad us a few rabbits here 'n there to keep this 'n fed! Might even be able to bring back a few for the group now 'n then to supplement those rations ye all seem so fond of."

The Gnome tousels Fenenn's fur as he makes a face. Chuckling to himself he winks at Gildrim and throws a jaunty salute and pointing towards the gates enquiringly.

[Sblock=Sense Motive 0]Erf does not like rations! Egads![/Sblock]

He then guides Fenenn over towards Ter-raen giving the Half-orc a warm smile and a wave.

"Hey big fella I was wonderin' if'n you might want to join us on a bitte hunt now 'n then? Ye look like ye can more than keep up with those big legs 'n if ye'll pardon me presumption ye look like ye know yer way about in the wilderness."

[Sblock=OOC]Its just not in Erf's nature to leave a fellow traveler unmolested unbefriended. I also noticed that Serow posted Ter-raen greeting Erf a few pages back - which I missed - so Erf would undoubtedly already have returned the greeting and then some at that time. Sorry about missing that Serow!

As for the survival check mod. more than generous by my estimation. Erf will be hunting whilst trying to remain within a few hundred feet of the party where possible.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Halford said:
"Might even be able to bring back a few for the group now 'n then to supplement those rations ye all seem so fond of." Chuckling to himself he winks at Gildrim and throws a jaunty salute and pointing towards the gates enquiringly.
"It's nae that Ah dinnae troost ye tae catch a few bauties," grumbles Gildrim, "but Ah dinnae wan' tae tak' chances. An' ye eat whit ye hae tae. Noo, do we tak' th' road ur th' river ur wander across th' wild lands like gomerels?"

Remove ads