• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Use Magic Device

Sgt_Shock

First Post
From Dandwiki " You get a special +2 bonus on your Use Magic Device check if you’ve activated the item in question at least once before."

I grasp that if you buy a Wand of Missiles and use it (whether you succeed or not) you get a +2 on every use check afterwards.
However...
What if you buy a new Wand of Missiles because your old one ran out of charges? Do you still have to "break it in" on the first try to get the +2 or will you keep the bonus? I ask because scrolls are not reusable, and I want to know if new ones still satisfy the requirement for the +2.

Dross

Explorer
From Dandwiki " You get a special +2 bonus on your Use Magic Device check if you’ve activated the item in question at least once before."

to be more precise:
The scroll has been used or the wand has been used up. You now have a new item so no +2.

Also note that you need to have sucessfully activated the item before
I grasp that if you buy a Wand of Missiles and use it (whether you succeed or not) you get a +2 on every use check afterwards.
My SRD says:
[FONT=&quot]You get a special +2 bonus on your Use Magic Device check if you’ve activated the item in question at least once before. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you fail by 9 or less, you can’t activate the device.[/FONT]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads