• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Using D20 Modern-style starting occupations in D&D

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
I'm drawing up some ideas for new campaigns.
I am pondering using the generic class rules from UA and combining it with some D20 Modern-style starting occupations.

Anyone try using starting occupations in D&D?

Aus_Snow

First Post
I'm a fan of doing that myself. There's been a couple of small PDFs on the topic, I think by Adamant?
I only know of one, which I have, so I'll partially agree and tentatively agree in full. ;)

Anyway, it's worth a look. Hang on a sec, I'll get the name of the thing. . . aha: Fantasy Occupations. It's from their 'Master Kit' line, and the layout is pretty similar to the other ones of those I own.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
Found it at RPGnow.
$3.00? Man, even if I don't use it, it's a small price to shell out to have a look at what they've done.

Thanks for pointing me to it.

I've never used Adamant's stuff, general consensus on quality?

Hey Vig, good to see you.

NMC

Explorer
I'm working on a conversion of the Al-Qadim campaign setting for use with the Pathfinder rules; for that I use a system of Backgrounds like in Adamant's Skull & Bones book to represent what were kits in 2nd Edition AD&D. They represent a character's origin and provide some new class skills, along with some interaction-related skill check modifiers and perhaps some in-game abilities.

I'll second the high marks for Adamant's material; I'm particularly fond of their Buccaneers & Bokor e-zine.

-Nate

Remove ads