Using Immortals Handbook AND d20 Future

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Well the unadjusted Monster/NPC rules go up to 100, However, I think we'll only need PC rules up to Level 60.

Ho,ho.,ho ... And how 60 lvl PC's would fight against 100 lvl NPC in 4ed ? In 3,5 when throwing overhelming enemy at Players I would just cackle evilly so they would know that GM's love is harsh. :p

But from what I heard the power difference between Tiers is more pronounced in 4-ed than in 3,X-ed ... right ... or no worries ?

I'll have rules for making PCs Elite or Solo characters (which works for smaller PC groups)

And what difference it is, Elite or Solo PC that is, compared to normal PC's ? Isn't, for smaller groups thrown against "normal" dangers reward in more XP and loot divided among smaller number of PC's ?

'Solo' Jade Flame = Level 36

Chmm ... in 1-60 lvl count, this number rings truest for me. My guy fought against gods and demons so often that ordinary fighters must see him as "monster". Not to mention his Epic Reputation feat wich make his exploits world famous. :heh:

They are basically Dragon-men...so Half-Dragons. They gain Breath Weapons and so forth.

Don't need to be mad at me. Were just teasing. :lol:

I read about Fighters and Dragonborn. In general, I like simplification of rules ... but find enough things that give me bad vibes. Fighter seems unflexible here. And the "role" Defender. *makes faces*
I dislike such stiff and unimaginative divisions. I know that some folks like it, but I'm not among them.

The powers seems to concentrate on "Me Smash!" or "You Call It Hit ?" themes. To fit it to J.F. I would need serious tweaking but one of the Paragon Paths caught my attention as interesting. Swordmaster soundsabout right.

Its possible Essentials allows the swop (?), However, I have never thought of Encounter or Daily powers as useless - far from it. Remember also that high-level characters can have multiple Encounter and multiple Daily powers.

Yeah. But the inflexibility of the powers, mimicking certain actions performed by PC's for example Whirlwind Attack feat transformed into Powers ... it is concerning me slightly. For example several times I used Whirlwind Attack coupled with Grapple attack to grab several people.

Or Aimed Strike with Whirlwind Attack and Sunder to shave eyebrows or ruin his elegant cap, of enemy I wanted to humilate.

Fair enough, though you can always be immortal without being a god/deity.

Yup. You gain it with Esoteric Powers or just plain feats ! By the way, there is possible to gain Cosmic Power by mortals ... with Huge investment of feats.

Its like a simplified version of a Prestige Class that does away with all the pernickity bits of +1 to this and that or extra feat.

Fair enough, seems cool.

I would imagine 4E has powers that do something similar. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the powers - there are simply too many of them.

That's what I find irritiating. Will have to test it if the "Powers as attacks" is truly more comfortable than "I hit him, modified by feats". The latter could be a real drag when You have to remember how Your hundreds of feats work in every possible situation. Heh.

On the subject of Chinese Immortals, I recently got to watch "The Storm Warriors" 2009 movie (sequel to the excellent 1998 Storm Riders). Unfortunately this sequel has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen (thats no exaggeration). Truly inept in every single area: script; acting; casting; special effects, fight choreography; ideas; everything. Particular mention has to go to whomever was lighting the film sets - because they did the worst job imaginable. Every night scene (about half the movie) is so dark you can hardly see whats going on (we tried adjusting the gamma of the picture and there is nothing behind the pitch blacks).

Verdict: 0/10 (absolutely no redeeming qualities at all).

Agreed. Something is wrong with the recent crop of Hong Kong Wu Xia movies. *Sigh*

I wouldn't hold your breath for those 51-60 rules surfacing anytime soon...even assuming I get into full flow from next week (when my time off starts).

Yeah, the old citation:"I didn't expected them to play Time Lords."
Don't worry, I'm just theorising.

Soul items would just be Artifacts in 4E.

This is dodging my question i believe. ;)

That not bragging, just enthusiasm. I'm sure people will sense that.

Can be tiring, and I noticed how often in recent posts I did just that.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
On the subject of Chinese Immortals, I recently got to watch "The Storm Warriors" 2009 movie (sequel to the excellent 1998 Storm Riders). Unfortunately this sequel has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen (thats no exaggeration).

It sounds like you've never seen Tommy Wiseau's The Room, to which I say...I envy you. I just watched the Nostalgia Critic's review in the aforementioned link, and I rolled some pretty major SAN loss.

It's too late for me, but you can still save yourself!

Anyone idea wich ranks assign to Primus & Unicron ?:angel:

I'd suggest that they'd be Elder Ones (in 4e, low-end Sidereal Tier, I presume) - as they're supposed to be cosmic principles, and transcend universes (there is only one Primus & one Unicron, which is the same one in all the universes of the multiverse, rather than lots of different versions -- I think, anyway). Though The Fallen has the same weird relationship with the multiverse (IIRC, it's been a while) and it doesn't seem to possess Sidereal level powers. So maybe they're Immortals rather than Sidereals.

I'd probably make Primus & Unicron low-end Sidereals, and the Fallen an Immortal with a cosmic ability or two, actually.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
I agree on Orginal Manifestations of Primus and Unicron being Sidereal power level. But as their initial brawl showed up, Unicron had better combat ability than Primus. What they became was some sort of avatars, or something since Unicron was killable by non-Sidereal. And Galvatron managed to bruise him and survive being swatted like fly by something ~thousand times bigger. This leads to conclusion that both primal entities lost majority of their Quintessence and relied on technology to make up for lost cosmic powers.

For example, Unicron was "watching" his alternate versions and able to teleport lesser beings trough dimensions. Primus created life from his own essence. I believe that it places their weakened wersions around high end of divine tier of Immortals. With Cosmic Ability or two retained from their better days.

I wonder, how would Death Star fare against Unicron ?:)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
For example, Unicron was "watching" his alternate versions and able to teleport lesser beings trough dimensions.

Alternate versions? I'm pretty behind on my Knowledge (transformers) skill, but isn't the current canon that there's only a single Unicron across all multiverses?

I wonder, how would Death Star fare against Unicron ?:)

He'd eat it. :p

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Sorry for misunderstanding, Alzurius.

Unicron was watching alternate Timelines and the one who sent Galvatron to mess up things was Unicron from alternate future (on in wich he ate Primus).

Khisanth, with HP based on size ... as for objects. If my memory isn't deceiving me Primus was Uranus sized planet and Unicron was similiarly massive. Being construct of such size, just imagine his bonus HP. ;)

Uni mentioned that he couldn't teleport himself due to weight issues.

Death Star is moon-sized, wich settles nothing when Titan is a mini-planet in it's own right with gravity and atmosphere etc. But we could assume that Unicron is bigger and will instantly start chewing on Death Star when in close range. That would end it for Death Star.
On the opposite, I don't know how would Death Star's weapon systems work on Unicron. I'm fairy certain that Unicron wouldn't explode like Alderaan ... but it might cause him serious damage.

Hiya mate! :)

Rikandur Azebol said:
Ho,ho.,ho ... And how 60 lvl PC's would fight against 100 lvl NPC in 4ed ?

No comment. ;)

In 3,5 when throwing overhelming enemy at Players I would just cackle evilly so they would know that GM's love is harsh. :p

[Inserts evil cackle]

But from what I heard the power difference between Tiers is more pronounced in 4-ed than in 3,X-ed ... right ... or no worries ?

In 4E you want to keep everything within 5 levels of the PCs.

With the new MM3 rules you probably want to keep things within about 3 levels of the PCs, unless your PCs are power gamers.

And what difference it is, Elite or Solo PC that is, compared to normal PC's ?

Minion = +8
Elite = -4
Solo = -9

Isn't, for smaller groups thrown against "normal" dangers reward in more XP and loot divided among smaller number of PC's ?

You can see it like that too. But the difference is that they are more likely to actually get killed unless your DM is fudging things.

...actually just realised I am starving. Will respond to the rest of your post(s) when fully fuelled. ;)

Hiya Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
It sounds like you've never seen Tommy Wiseau's The Room, to which I say...I envy you. I just watched the Nostalgia Critic's review in the aforementioned link, and I rolled some pretty major SAN loss.

It's too late for me, but you can still save yourself!

LOL. That does look worse - although it has much better lighting than Storm Warriors. Also remember that Storm Warriors had an actual theatrical release (in Hong Kong) and as of last week was in the UK's top 20 dvd (movie) releases. No one gave Wiseau millions to make a movie - thats the difference.

Storm Warriors is a disgrace of a sequel, but the Hong Kong movie industry has been slowly but surely falling apart at the seems since the mid 90's. With some very rare exceptions most Hong Kong movies have been abysmal this past decade or so.

You can read the reasoning behind it all here:

http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=244&catid=7&subcatid=42

eduar

First Post
hi

the armor for mecha depends on the material, example:

Megatanium PL8
equipment bonus +12 (this is the equivalent of armor bonus)
armor penalty -10 (like an armor for skills)
speed penalty -10 feet (same as above)

what should be the status for Mithral, Adamantine, Orichalcum and Neutronium

I think that to apply the equivalent of a full plate armor of the respective material

Remove ads