Using Immortals Handbook AND d20 Future

eduar said:
hi thanks U_K

Hello again eduar amigo! :)

with a pl higher than 10 what armor bonus give an armor and another gadgets?

Well, officially I don't think Progress Levels went higher than 8, although it was always my intention to take them to 12 as I recall.

As for Progress Level 10 armour.

PL 3 Armour

Light = +2, Med = +4, Heavy = +8

PL 10 Armour

Light = +24, Med = +48, Heavy = +96

and for new star ships bigger than colossal, like Death Star
any suggestion?[/QUOTE]

Well the Death Star is probably Progress Level 8.5.

Death Star II would be roughly Giga-Diminutive size.

As for working out the specifics my head is a bit 3E-muddled thinking about it. Though I suspect it shouldn't be too difficult.

If I had the basic stats for a (PL5) tank, I think I could work out a Death Star pretty quickly.

well i like the archmage and archlich epic destinies but i can't have both

Technically you can. By using the multiclassing rules you can take powers from any class - I fail to see why you couldn't do the same with Epic Destinies. Of course you can't get all powers from each Destiny then...at least not until you went above Level 30.

U_K the material for godsend 3th will come later in your website?

The current idea is to put it into a Revised version of the Epic Bestiary. That will have to wait until after the Vampire Bestiary (Part 1) and the Serpent Riders Adventure. But I'm confident that when I drop down in hours of my part time job (from the end of next week) that I'll have far more time to get stuff done much quicker.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Wizard vs Fighter ? Smart one wins. Shesh ... I remember stomping archmages with my 13 lvl wizard during 2ed just because he learned "Antimagic Field" from the scroll. DM was then quite stingy with magical stuff, especially spells wich players were abusing on all possible and impossible ways. For example, my more charismatic guy was alvays paying with "Fool's Gold" to barmaids. Or get free beer using "Charm Person". He was right being stingy, this way we were brainstorming every charge from wand and were agonizing over each potion "wasted". All this because once he let us plunder pre-made module where players had chance to put their dirty paws on instant-kill artefact.:devil:

U_K ... simply put, when I read flavor of classes from "ToB" and mechanics I started to bleed from my eyes. No match, IMO, between the two. That made me more suspicious towards the 4ed ... and while I do like 4ed Barbarian/Berserker ? Read it once somewhere ...

The 4ed Fighter is no-no in my eyes. Personal bias I guess.:erm:

Would I be able to remake my character as 4ed fighter ? See for yourself and try, here are his current stats:

Jade Flame (CR 106) half-geen dragon paragon human duellist fighter 83
N Medium Humanoid (Dragon)
Init +88 Perfect Initiative; Senses darkvision 60 ft., Perception
+128
Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic,Common, Spirit, Kara-Tur, Elven Dwarven, Auran, Aquan, Ignan, Terran, Orc, Drow Sign Language, Undercommon.
Resist Acid 415, Fire 65; SR 105
Fort +113, Ref +154, Will +108;
Melee Unarmed +158/+158/+158/+158 melee (4d6 + 48 varies [17-20/x5]);
Melee +158 touch;
Ranged +126 touch;
Space 5ft.; Reach 10 ft(90 ft with Emerald Rage);
Base Atk +51(+83 with Emerald Rage); CMB +100;
Atk Options Leap Attack and various others ;
Special Actions Elusive Target and bunch others ;
Abilities: Str 46, Dex 53(106), Con 48(96), Int 40, Wis 40, Cha 41(82);
SQ: Son of Dragon, Powerful Build, Zhentarim Soldier, Duellist Fighter;
Feats & Esoteric Abilities: Perfect Body[E]*, Perfect Mind[E]*, Weapon Focus[Jovar], Greater Weapon Focus[Jovar], Weapon Specialization[Jovar], Greater Weapon Specialization[Jovar], Improved Critical[Jovar], Improved Critical Multiplier[Jovar], Slashing Weapon Mastery, Weapon Supermacy[Jovar], Dodge, Mobility, Leap Attack, Elusive Target, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Eclectic Strike, Quick Reconnoiter, Exotic Weapon Proficiency[Jovar], Imperious Command,Hit on the Run, Combat Expertise, Whirlwind Attack, Improved Initiative, Leap of Heavens, Epic Weapon Focus[Jovar], Epic Weapon Specialization[Jovar], Greater Epic Weapon Focus[Jovar], Greater Epic Weapon Specialization[Jovar], Epic Weapon Mastery, Epic Weapon Supermacy[Jovar], Epic Critical[Jovar], Epic Critical Multiplier[Jovar], Dire Charge, Superior Initiative, Iron Will, Good Will, Run, Epic Speed, Improved Dodge, Improved Power Attack, Improved Whirlwind Attack, Power Attack Mastery, Uncanny Power Attack, Cat's Fall, Enlarge Attack, Widen Attack, Fear Aura, Light Eradication, Alertness, Tensegrity, Eclectic Defense, Leadership, Incorruptible Body, Hibernate, Inedia, Haleness, Terrene Body, Fire Baptism, Hindering Strike, Expert Strike, Combat Mastery, Sixth Sense, Supreme Dodge, Improved Combat Mastery, Eclectic Shot, Epic Leadership, Quicken Attack, Armed Deflection, Infinite Deflection, Exceptional Deflection, Reflect Arrow, Epic Reputation, Legendary Commander, Plastic Soul, Force of Personality, Great Intelect, Great Wisdom, Battle Dancer, Pre-Emptive Strike, Quickdraw, Mathesis, Versatile Unarmed Strike, Greater Unarmed Strike, Star Child, Improved Unarmed Strike, Legendary Jumper, Tenacious Body, Subtle Body, Skywalker;
Skills[all maxed]: Acrobatics, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (Planes, Religion, History, Local), Perception, Sense Motive,
Stealth, Survival, Craft[Weaponsmith], Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Heal, Ride, Perform[Dance], Profession[Shogun, Sensei, Herbalist];
Advancement: 240 HD+ Amidah, 1200 HD+ Omega;
Treasure: 452,4 ... millions of gold pieces in various stuff & investments and his Soul Items: "Uncanny Pale Green Ioun Headband" gives Legendary Charisma and competence bonus +15 to skill checks, ability checks, saves and attack rolls;
"Legendary Sandals of Speed" give Legendary Dexterity, Disheartening Dodge, Uncanny Dodge, Perfect Weapon Focus[Jovar], Uncanny Weapon Focus[Jovar], Celerity, Perfect Initiative, Dexterous Will[no prerequesities] and Self-Mastery;
"Legendary Belt of Health" give Legendary Constitution, Exoskeleton, Regeneration(Fire,Acid), Fire Absorbtion, Superior Critical [Jovar], Superior Critical Multiplier[Jovar], Threatening Critical, Dexterous Fortitude[no prerequesites] and Improved Damage Reduction[Chaotic] ;
"Emerald Rage" Green Star metal Large Jovar +28 with Uncanny Whirlwind Attack, Divine Strike, Superior Power Attack, Ghost Touch and Superior Lashing [9]*;

Son of Dragon: loses Claw, Bite and Breath Weapon but gains Powerful Build;
Duellist Fighter[Fighter variant]: loses armor & shield proficiences, gains dodge bonus to AC equal to half levels in this class, Uses Dex instead of Str to calculate weapon hit&dmg bonus, at 10 lvl gains Evasion, have Good reflex save, adds Bluff, Acrobatics & Sense Motives as class skills;

*extra stuff: Perfect Body & Mind my DM changed to not give inherent bonuses but to maximise basic stat rolls, Superior Lashing is an extension of weapon quality found in U_K's website under the "God of War" review ... basically it multiplies basic weapon range by nine;

My DM ruled that Immunity makes You take subduals from energy You are immune to, and You gain automatic energy resistance based on the efffect's power.
For example Jade Flame inherited his Acid Immunity from daddy, and thus he gains his HD x5 in Acid Resistance, his Fire Immunity is from 7 lvl spell and CL 13 gives him 65 Fire Resistance.

Now other blasphemies:;)

Optimus Prime as CR 13 ? If You mean the robo from NEWEST transformers live movies, then Yes You are right. Otherwise ... I would put him around CR 25, perhaps. Anyways Megatron was better, the old wersion that is; Or smarty Shockwave ... :lol:

Anyone idea wich ranks assign to Primus & Unicron ?:angel:

Howdy Rikandur! :)

Well you have the immediate problem trying to convert that character in that the Level 31+ rules haven't come out yet. But thats like saying try making this character in 3E without the Epic Level Handbook and the IH: Ascension.

The rest seems pretty straightforward.

1. Converts to about Level 45 Fighter in 4E (as per my rules)

...with no Intermediate powers in 4E, you just have to set him at the highest point before Greater Power.

2. Use Dragonborn Race rather than half-dragon.

3. Duelist Paragon Path

...which would be replaced by a Portfolio Path otherwise you can upgrade Paragon Paths to Portfolio Paths very easily.

4. 'Paragon' Epic Destiny (is probably out there somewhere*, otherwise we'd have to create it).

...which would be replaced by a Dimensional Destiny, again, as with 'Paths', 'Destinies' can be easily upgraded (if you don't want to pick a new one). In this case you could upgrade the Paragon destiny with the Amidah one.

*I don't have all the 4E books.

BrokeAndDrive

Banned
Banned
Krusty said:
Am I to assume you are posting under the nom de plume thecasualoblivion?
Iie; saw yet anooother edition wars skirmish going on here and wanted to say something but couldn't think of anything so I just lazily pasted a link.

Krusty said:
...and if so, you are in favour of 4E...?
If I have to tinker with something in order for it to be useful, I'll choose the other option that Just Works(tm) out of the box. I won't use an operating system that needs me to spend hours on Google to figure out how to do something that takes all of three seconds to use on another, nor will I use a car that needs me to constantly look under the hood because it stalls on the highway three times a week. I find either situation to be unacceptable; to do otherwise would be illogical and unproductive. The end-goals are the same, so why wouldn't I take the path of least resistance?

Yes, I realize some people find it fun to cover themselves in engine grease and cat litter while reading 20 forum posts on how to make dual-monitors work in Ubuntu, which involve going deep into /bin/bon/fairy/fslfslk/dfkfdk/sdjdsj/sdlkdslkds and precisely editing a system-important file just right, or messing with options in that one program that does graphics crap in gnome with hundreds of sliding bars to try and hit the right combination just to be able to watch youtube, or downloading and trying about ten different file managers trying to find one that does an ultra-simple task like sorting by file, then once again heading out into the wilds of the internet only to find people asking for that tiny option only to be met with brusque attitudes about what a bunch of fascists the question-askers are for daring to want "bloat" in their software because the filthy micro$erfs are a bunch of peasants and can't fathom the holy enlightenment of a snot-nosed little l33t h4x0r proselytizing how open source software will usher in a new era of peace and prosperity of mankind with their counter-intuitive interfaces, having to pay the Linux Tax(tm) of thousands of wasted hours on google just for it to be half-way functional, laughing at all those willing slaves to bill gates who must love being part of the micro$uck concentration camps, and inability to socialize with other human beings that aren't egotistical lawncrappers that rightfully got stuffed in lockers and laughed at.... yeah, can you tell my experiences with Linux users have left a foul taste in my mouth? :(

And I'm seeing the same thing happening with the near religious fanaticism for an edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I mean... seriously? You honestly don't know why people don't want to hang out with you and your narcissistic condemnation of the heathen commoners who just want to play a game, rather than belonging to a cool-kid-hating subculture?

And that is why I was so ashamed of calling myself a gamer that I cast aside that title for good. I refuse to call myself a gamer because I refuse to be associated with hateful, spiteful creatures who think it's an accomplishment to not change their clothes more than once a month and pat themselves on their greasy, smelly backs for smiting (read: being a flaming troll to) those vile, wicked casual gamers and those who prefer 4e over 3.5, who have the sheer audacity to shave and bathe, work for a living, have social lives, and have healthy sexual relationships or *gasp* get married.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get modded for this. I don't care. I'm tired of the edition wars. I'm tired of linux users who act like they're better than me because... why, exactly? What makes you so special? Is it pride? What the hell do you have to be proud of you insignificant freetard? For doing it the hard way? Ever heard of "work smarter, not harder"? Doing it the hard way when there's an easier way is the opposite of intelligence. And worst of all, I'm tired of people acting like their choice of hobby is some sort of religion. I bet you 3.5ers would just love to burn Krusty at the stake for the heresy of not following the One Divine Will And The One Divine Way.

I can't think of a way to close this. Whatever. To Baator with you hardcore gamers*. Get out of my neighborhood if you're going to crap on the lawn.

* as this thread proves, with the new edition, these kinds of people have come back full force.

Farealmer3

Explorer
Iie; saw yet anooother edition wars skirmish going on here and wanted to say something but couldn't think of anything so I just lazily pasted a link.

If I have to tinker with something in order for it to be useful, I'll choose the other option that Just Works(tm) out of the box. I won't use an operating system that needs me to spend hours on Google to figure out how to do something that takes all of three seconds to use on another, nor will I use a car that needs me to constantly look under the hood because it stalls on the highway three times a week. I find either situation to be unacceptable; to do otherwise would be illogical and unproductive. The end-goals are the same, so why wouldn't I take the path of least resistance?

Yes, I realize some people find it fun to cover themselves in engine grease and cat litter while reading 20 forum posts on how to make dual-monitors work in Ubuntu, which involve going deep into /bin/bon/fairy/fslfslk/dfkfdk/sdjdsj/sdlkdslkds and precisely editing a system-important file just right, or messing with options in that one program that does graphics crap in gnome with hundreds of sliding bars to try and hit the right combination just to be able to watch youtube, or downloading and trying about ten different file managers trying to find one that does an ultra-simple task like sorting by file, then once again heading out into the wilds of the internet only to find people asking for that tiny option only to be met with brusque attitudes about what a bunch of fascists the question-askers are for daring to want "bloat" in their software because the filthy micro are a bunch of peasants and can't fathom the holy enlightenment of a snot-nosed little l33t h4x0r proselytizing how open source software will usher in a new era of peace and prosperity of mankind with their counter-intuitive interfaces, having to pay the Linux Tax(tm) of thousands of wasted hours on google just for it to be half-way functional, laughing at all those willing slaves to bill gates who must love being part of the micro concentration camps, and inability to socialize with other human beings that aren't egotistical lawncrappers that rightfully got stuffed in lockers and laughed at.... yeah, can you tell my experiences with Linux users have left a foul taste in my mouth? :(

And I'm seeing the same thing happening with the near religious fanaticism for an edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I mean... seriously? You honestly don't know why people don't want to hang out with you and your narcissistic condemnation of the heathen commoners who just want to play a game, rather than belonging to a cool-kid-hating subculture?

And that is why I was so ashamed of calling myself a gamer that I cast aside that title for good. I refuse to call myself a gamer because I refuse to be associated with hateful, spiteful creatures who think it's an accomplishment to not change their clothes more than once a month and pat themselves on their greasy, smelly backs for smiting (read: being a flaming troll to) those vile, wicked casual gamers and those who prefer 4e over 3.5, who have the sheer audacity to shave and bathe, work for a living, have social lives, and have healthy sexual relationships or *gasp* get married.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get modded for this. I don't care. I'm tired of the edition wars. I'm tired of linux users who act like they're better than me because... why, exactly? What makes you so special? Is it pride? What the hell do you have to be proud of you insignificant freetard? For doing it the hard way? Ever heard of "work smarter, not harder"? Doing it the hard way when there's an easier way is the opposite of intelligence. And worst of all, I'm tired of people acting like their choice of hobby is some sort of religion. I bet you 3.5ers would just love to burn Krusty at the stake for the heresy of not following the One Divine Will And The One Divine Way.

I can't think of a way to close this. Whatever. To Baator with you hardcore gamers*. Get out of my neighborhood if you're going to crap on the lawn.

* as this thread proves, with the new edition, these kinds of people have come back full force.
WOW, just wow definatly anger issues here. Didn't see anything like that on this board, certainly everyone here has an opinion and while some have been a bit outspoken it's something U_K has asked for so i am a bit confused? Is this just another one of those internet meltdowns people have or what? Because clearly U_K has been very welcoming of all 3.X "vs" 4th edition discussions on his forums. Not like there is much else to talk about between books and he honestly wants feedback on these things so as to know what to work on in his future books. So i don't quite get why your acting like a place were "edition wars" stuff is asked for is somehow unwelcomed.

But eh.

Belzamus

First Post

Yes, I realize some people find it fun to cover themselves in engine grease and cat litter while reading 20 forum posts on how to make dual-monitors work in Ubuntu, which involve going deep into /bin/bon/fairy/fslfslk/dfkfdk/sdjdsj/sdlkdslkds and precisely editing a system-important file just right, or messing with options in that one program that does graphics crap in gnome with hundreds of sliding bars to try and hit the right combination just to be able to watch youtube, or downloading and trying about ten different file managers trying to find one that does an ultra-simple task like sorting by file, then once again heading out into the wilds of the internet only to find people asking for that tiny option only to be met with brusque attitudes about what a bunch of fascists the question-askers are for daring to want "bloat" in their software because the filthy micro are a bunch of peasants and can't fathom the holy enlightenment of a snot-nosed little l33t h4x0r proselytizing how open source software will usher in a new era of peace and prosperity of mankind with their counter-intuitive interfaces, having to pay the Linux Tax(tm) of thousands of wasted hours on google just for it to be half-way functional, laughing at all those willing slaves to bill gates who must love being part of the micro concentration camps, and inability to socialize with other human beings that aren't egotistical lawncrappers that rightfully got stuffed in lockers and laughed at.... yeah, can you tell my experiences with Linux users have left a foul taste in my mouth? :(

...it sounds like you care more about this issue than anyone else here. I can't imagine anyone here wants to burn U_K at the stake, considering a.) he's one of the nicest people in the world (or at least that I've ever met) and b.) I'd imagine most of us consider him as something of a friend, however distantly.

paradox42

First Post
...it sounds like you care more about this issue than anyone else here. I can't imagine anyone here wants to burn U_K at the stake, considering a.) he's one of the nicest people in the world (or at least that I've ever met) and b.) I'd imagine most of us consider him as something of a friend, however distantly.
Burn at the stake, no. Light a fire under his seat to get work done faster and more IH material out on the market so we can bring people into the truly wondrous realm of ultra-Epic gaming, most definitely. :)

Howdy BrokeAndDrive! :)

BrokeAndDrive said:

You know a simple yes or no would have sufficed amigo. :p

Still, don't let edition wars get you down...it is what it is.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Howdy Rikandur! :)

Aloha, U_K !

Well you have the immediate problem trying to convert that character in that the Level 31+ rules haven't come out yet. But thats like saying try making this character in 3E without the Epic Level Handbook and the IH: Ascension.

Meh, my lvl 20+ campaign was slightly less of a drag before IH.;)
I just ignored Deity rules from PHB and assigned them proper levels. For example 200 wizard for Mystra. And some funky Epic powers to represent "divine".

1. Converts to about Level 45 Fighter in 4E (as per my rules)

Huh ? As if I remember You said that Your rules stretch the 30 lvls to 70 lvls ... isn't it crazy high ? I know that Jade Flame is ECL 159 but it is still around Intermediate Deity by IH rules. Och and I borrowed 4ed PHB from a friend and will prepare bile-cannons in case something is less customisable than I like. :p

...with no Intermediate powers in 4E, you just have to set him at the highest point before Greater Power.

I don't know, U_K, simply I don't know. Still I feel that in close-ended Kosmos like 4ed D&D this is around 10 lvls too high. I imagine him be above the Lesser Deities and most Demon Lords. Geez, one of his "followers" is a Demon Lady who is constantly striving to best him in combat after humilating defeat.

2. Use Dragonborn Race rather than half-dragon.

Aren't they some sort of Lizardmen ? And what with customised, as per "Son of Dragon", racial features ? Can one change "useless" (1/encounter or 1/day) powers for feats ? Wich are generall always useful.

3. Duelist Paragon Path

...which would be replaced by a Portfolio Path otherwise you can upgrade Paragon Paths to Portfolio Paths very easily.

Huh ? No to deification U_K. We are in club "Gods are too limited".:blush:
So ... this "Paragon" Path is something akin to Prestige Class ?

If so how it would emulate my fighter's variant class features ? Let him use Dex instead of Str for weapon attacks & damage, for sure. Should give him AC bonus when UNARMORED and NOT SUPRISED and bonus to Reflex saves. I think these are essential features of the variant class.

4. 'Paragon' Epic Destiny (is probably out there somewhere*, otherwise we'd have to create it).

...which would be replaced by a Dimensional Destiny, again, as with 'Paths', 'Destinies' can be easily upgraded (if you don't want to pick a new one). In this case you could upgrade the Paragon destiny with the Amidah one.

Swordsaint sounds better than Paragon ED. Epic Destiny ... let me see.
1-10 Hero (no extras) Fighter focusing on dewastating attacks with Heavy Bladed weapon using reach and quick reflexes to avoid retribution while slashing at all enemies.

11-20 Paragon Path - Duellist Path -

21-30 Epic Destiny - Warrior Paragon -

31-40 "Divine Tier" -skipping the ascension to godhead for those more arrogant, instead becaming Sword Saint like 8 Immortals from Chinese Mythology-
Anyone interested in what I imagine here should read comix "Celestial Zone" on Mangafox or similiar site with free online comixes.

In reality my PC did some clumsy efforts to find Mountain Kun-Lun but was little sucessful and greatly regrets unability to beg martial arts interested Sages for instructions. It drove me to tears when other PC's easily found and befriended some of the Sages. Crazy Monkey and Snow Crane among the most encountered.

41-50 "Cosmic Tier" - Amidah - So far my PC have a dream/drive/desire to became best fighter of the universe and seeks best fighters to learn/fight them. Knowing, and liking, Alabaster I see it little nonsensical that sooner or later they will meet.

51-60 "Transcendent Tier" - So far I have no plans for such lofty heights, perhaps Amidah will suffice. :p

U_K, now I'm a bit worried about how to translate Jade Flames soul-items ?
I poured all Quintessence gained from killing "Gods of Fury"(Yup, we managed to defeat them starting with Umberlee, then this Werewolf god who tried to hide from our dragon ... who replied by turning his whole domain into Lava Field and as far as I remember the Ice Goddess she surrendered and was spared. Talos, the boss of this "pantheon/council" was too tough for us but fool's luck let us defeat him when he caught us off guard, while we were spying in his domain.) and dealing (If players who teleport like crazy while piggy-backing the casters spitting all their mana at enemies could be called "dealing with enemy" instead of "Being flushed") with Umbral Infestation in Astral ... wich is currently called Astral Storm.

By the way, in retrospect I might sound like bragging here, but I always get excited when reminding myself of the most climatic events of this campaign.

Harcore Gamers ? I'm nerd and [CENSORED] with foulmouth. Please, don't start flamewar here. I beg You to not cast "Summon Lernean Troll", preety please ? With sugar on top.:]

Rikandur Azebol said:
Aloha, U_K !

Howdy amigo! :)

Meh, my lvl 20+ campaign was slightly less of a drag before IH.;)
I just ignored Deity rules from PHB and assigned them proper levels. For example 200 wizard for Mystra. And some funky Epic powers to represent "divine".

:cool:

Huh ? As if I remember You said that Your rules stretch the 30 lvls to 70 lvls ... isn't it crazy high ?

Well the unadjusted Monster/NPC rules go up to 100, However, I think we'll only need PC rules up to Level 60.

I know that Jade Flame is ECL 159 but it is still around Intermediate Deity by IH rules.

Correct. Which means its somewhere in the midst of

(Lesser) God = unadjusted* Levels 41-45
Greater God = unadjusted Levels 46-50

*For instance Orcus is Level 42, but in the books is a Level 33 Solo threat.

Och and I borrowed 4ed PHB from a friend and will prepare bile-cannons in case something is less customisable than I like. :p

As you wish.

I don't know, U_K, simply I don't know. Still I feel that in close-ended Kosmos like 4ed D&D this is around 10 lvls too high. I imagine him be above the Lesser Deities and most Demon Lords. Geez, one of his "followers" is a Demon Lady who is constantly striving to best him in combat after humilating defeat.

I'll have rules for making PCs Elite or Solo characters (which works for smaller PC groups)

'Elite' Jade Flame = Level 41
'Solo' Jade Flame = Level 36

Aren't they some sort of Lizardmen ?

They are basically Dragon-men...so Half-Dragons. They gain Breath Weapons and so forth.

And what with customised, as per "Son of Dragon", racial features ? Can one change "useless" (1/encounter or 1/day) powers for feats ? Wich are generall always useful.

Its possible Essentials allows the swop (?), However, I have never thought of Encounter or Daily powers as useless - far from it. Remember also that high-level characters can have multiple Encounter and multiple Daily powers.

Huh ? No to deification U_K. We are in club "Gods are too limited".:blush:

Fair enough, though you can always be immortal without being a god/deity.

So ... this "Paragon" Path is something akin to Prestige Class ?

Its like a simplified version of a Prestige Class that does away with all the pernickity bits of +1 to this and that or extra feat.

If so how it would emulate my fighter's variant class features ? Let him use Dex instead of Str for weapon attacks & damage, for sure. Should give him AC bonus when UNARMORED and NOT SUPRISED and bonus to Reflex saves. I think these are essential features of the variant class.

I would imagine 4E has powers that do something similar. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the powers - there are simply too many of them.

Swordsaint sounds better than Paragon ED. Epic Destiny ... let me see.
1-10 Hero (no extras) Fighter focusing on dewastating attacks with Heavy Bladed weapon using reach and quick reflexes to avoid retribution while slashing at all enemies.

11-20 Paragon Path - Duellist Path -

21-30 Epic Destiny - Warrior Paragon -

31-40 "Divine Tier" -skipping the ascension to godhead for those more arrogant, instead becaming Sword Saint like 8 Immortals from Chinese Mythology-

Anyone interested in what I imagine here should read comix "Celestial Zone" on Mangafox or similiar site with free online comixes.

In reality my PC did some clumsy efforts to find Mountain Kun-Lun but was little sucessful and greatly regrets unability to beg martial arts interested Sages for instructions. It drove me to tears when other PC's easily found and befriended some of the Sages. Crazy Monkey and Snow Crane among the most encountered.

On the subject of Chinese Immortals, I recently got to watch "The Storm Warriors" 2009 movie (sequel to the excellent 1998 Storm Riders). Unfortunately this sequel has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen (thats no exaggeration). Truly inept in every single area: script; acting; casting; special effects, fight choreography; ideas; everything. Particular mention has to go to whomever was lighting the film sets - because they did the worst job imaginable. Every night scene (about half the movie) is so dark you can hardly see whats going on (we tried adjusting the gamma of the picture and there is nothing behind the pitch blacks).

Verdict: 0/10 (absolutely no redeeming qualities at all).

41-50 "Cosmic Tier" - Amidah - So far my PC have a dream/drive/desire to became best fighter of the universe and seeks best fighters to learn/fight them. Knowing, and liking, Alabaster I see it little nonsensical that sooner or later they will meet.

Sounds fun.

51-60 "Transcendent Tier" - So far I have no plans for such lofty heights, perhaps Amidah will suffice. :p

I wouldn't hold your breath for those 51-60 rules surfacing anytime soon...even assuming I get into full flow from next week (when my time off starts).

U_K, now I'm a bit worried about how to translate Jade Flames soul-items ?
I poured all Quintessence gained from killing "Gods of Fury"(Yup, we managed to defeat them starting with Umberlee, then this Werewolf god who tried to hide from our dragon ... who replied by turning his whole domain into Lava Field and as far as I remember the Ice Goddess she surrendered and was spared. Talos, the boss of this "pantheon/council" was too tough for us but fool's luck let us defeat him when he caught us off guard, while we were spying in his domain.) and dealing (If players who teleport like crazy while piggy-backing the casters spitting all their mana at enemies could be called "dealing with enemy" instead of "Being flushed") with Umbral Infestation in Astral ... wich is currently called Astral Storm.

Soul items would just be Artifacts in 4E.

By the way, in retrospect I might sound like bragging here, but I always get excited when reminding myself of the most climatic events of this campaign.

That not bragging, just enthusiasm. I'm sure people will sense that.

Remove ads