• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampire the Masquerade - 20's-30's in the Divided City.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Yes, I did mean Assamite.
With that, will the 'Web of Knifes' be an available 'sect'/opition for Assamites?
I know that they can be a bit over the top in terms of combat power, but in an intensive RP game that extra umph would be tailored down.

-Blood

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Voadam said:
Which edition of VtM?

I played in the original edition and up through the second (I think, did it go original, revised, second, third?). I am familiar with a bunch of stuff but I never had the core books, only the original brujah and anarch books.

Well the core will be the last Masquerade rules there was. I believe it was called 3rd edition but am not sure.

Bloodweaver1 said:
Yes, I did mean Assamite.
With that, will the 'Web of Knifes' be an available 'sect'/opition for Assamites?
I know that they can be a bit over the top in terms of combat power, but in an intensive RP game that extra umph would be tailored down.

-Blood

I can't find info on that organization from internet other than it's some variation of the warrior caste. It's in the clanbook though, isn't it? So I can check it out once I get home. I'll let you know.

Ambrus

Explorer
The last edition of V:tM was indeed the third edition.

Period-specific vampire PCs always require so much effort for me to research and write their backgrounds. How about I pitch a few basic ideas and you let me know which you'd prefer? Then I could write up an appropriate background. I'd prefer to keep the details of the concepts at least somewhat secret initially if at all possible so I'll put them in spoiler blocks.[sblock=PC Concepts]• Using material from the Time of Thin Blood supplement, I'd propose an ex-beat cop who was forcefully embraced. The latest and weakest of the kindred, this 15th generation pseudo-vampire's creation heralds the beginning of the prophesied final nights. Straddling the world of the living and the world of the undead, this character's odd gifts make him a damnably accurate oracle of sorts; able to peer into the subtlest plots of elders with frightening ease. Since leaving the force, he gets by as a gumshoe.

• A lower generation Nosferatu (with the 4-pt. patagia merit) who is drawn to the budding sky-scraper architectural revolution reshaping the lay of the city. He'd use his Potence to scale the sides of buildings and his makeshift wings to glide through the skies of his aerial territory; swooping down on unsuspecting prey in the alleyways below. A classical monster with predisposition for theological contemplation.

• A Samedi, newly arrived from Haiti who is trying to insinuate himself into the influx of blacks into the booming ghettos of Harlem. Taking on the role of the Baron Samedi, this desiccated hougan priest manipulates the world of the living with the aid of his wraithly slaves via his expertise in the Necromancy discipline.[/sblock]Incidentally, do you know which year you'd be starting the campaign?

Festy_Dog

First Post
I'm a little puzzled by the freebie points and how they're spent. I'm guessing it's more or less experience but with the listed prices for freebie points, ie; listed price x current level of stat to be increased. Would this be a correct assumption?

Delusion

First Post
If there's still room, I might be interested in playing a Brujah or Gangrel embraced at an early age (18-22) during the Civil War and involved in bootlegging (if set in the 20's) or the drug racket. I'll have a more detailed background sometime today when I get back from classes, assuming there's still room.

Blackrat

I'll keep accepting consepts until monday. After that I'll choose few and let you know. No need to post detailed backgrounds yet.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
What Generation will we be starting at? 8th or 9th?[sblock=Concept/History]When looking back, his real-life is meaningless and insignificant compared to his un-life. When asked about it he simply shrugs and simply says, “Does it matter?” His un-life really began the day he was given his embrace challenge in the year 1914. His embrace challenge was to assassinate the Austro-Hungarian Prince Franz Ferdinand and help spark a conflict that would shake the entire world to its knees. Even for a full vampire this task was not an easy one let alone for a ghoul. However, he did not go through seven years of hell to be stopped by some lofty prince.

Not only was he able to complete his task unharmed, he also found and convinced a patsy within the Black Hand, a Serbian nationalist secret society that would gladly take the wrap for the whole thing.

After his embraced he was re-assigned to Berlin , Germany where he would finish his training in strategy and warfare under the tutelage of his Sire. His Sire was already well established within the German High Command and was able to make allies with many important Government individuals. For example,

Right as the war began, he and his Sire worked with Germany ’s Army Chief of Staff Alfred Von Schlieffen and provide key information and council in creating Germany ’s Master plan/doctrine, the Schlieffen Plan. This master plan would allow Germany to completely conquer both Eastern and Western Europe in just a few months. Unfortunately the Camarilla, thanks to the Tremer had placed an agent within Germany ’s higher ranks and convinced Germany ’s Chief of Staff Helmuth Von Moltke to create a delay during the execution phase during the actual war. The delay completely unraveled the Schlieffen plan and ultimately leads to the trench war stale-mate that consumed all of Europe .

For the rest of the war and for the next seven years, under the careful guidance of his sire, he would meet, advise and sometimes eliminate key military strategists on both sides of the war.

In 1915 he was dispatched to help deter the allied assault on Dardanells and Gallipoli while his Sire worked to eliminate Winston Churchill. Their combined effort was successful however Mr. Churchill thanks to the help of unknown vampires was able to escape unharmed. Though his Sire did success in force Mr. Churchill to resign.

In 1916 he and his Sire worked with a Russian noble named Felix Yusupov in assassinating a highly visible and a very damaging thorn within the Russian court.

In 1917 with numerous French officer assassinations under his belt, he easily helps start a mutiny within the French Corp.

In 1918 he and Sire help conceive the Germany ’s big spring push starting with the battle of Picardy against the British.

In 1919 the great world war had unfortunately ended. Most of the year was spent in relocating key personnel and redistributing assets.

In 1920, one year after the Great World War has concluded he finally completed his rigorous training. After the graduation ceremony in Mt. Almut he was dispatched to establish new contracts/contacts in America . He opted to begin in NYC as it was the largest city on eastern coast.

1920+ I have an idea and will present it upon request.[/sblock]
The above are just random thoughts for my concept. Even if you do not approve the Web Of Knives caste, his history will more than likely not change. Thoughts on the concept??

-Blood

Shalimar

First Post
Is the base generation going to be altered because its the 1920s as opposed to the 1990s out of curiosity?

I'm thinking a very young Lasombra Antitribu belonging to a Ventrue family. She was embraced out of spite as a blow to her Ventrue grandfather's prestige by a Sabbat elder. The sabbat elder knew that she'd be groomed for embrace as a Ventrue so he embraced her before that could start. Embraced at 14-15 she'll never fully mature. Right now she is trying to get a handle on where exactly she fits within her family, and the Ventrue as a whole since the Lasombra didn't want to keep her he just wanted to sire her and let his rival keep her around, a perpetual insult to him. She'd might also be a source of friction between the different factions.

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Bloodweaver1 said:
What Generation will we be starting at? 8th or 9th?

Shalimar said:
Is the base generation going to be altered because its the 1920s as opposed to the 1990s out of curiosity?

Blackrat said:
Standard character creation rules.

Since he says standard creation rules back in the first post I'm estimating it's 13th gen, as per standard.

Blackrat

To answer few questions that have arisen:

Festy_Dog said:
I'm a little puzzled by the freebie points and how they're spent. I'm guessing it's more or less experience but with the listed prices for freebie points, ie; listed price x current level of stat to be increased. Would this be a correct assumption?

No. It is the listed price for any dot. So for example with 15 freebies you could rise any attribute by three dots or assign one dot to three different attributes. With freebies you don't need to worry about current levels.

And yes, use the standard starting generation, i.e. 13, and lower from there as you see fit to spend background & freebies. So if you wish to spend points for generation you could be as low as 8.

Blood, no Web of Knives, but the consept is good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads