• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampire the Masquerade - 20's-30's in the Divided City.

Shalimar

First Post
This is an image of the literary character I am basing Gwen on:

Attachments

• ablkvamg004.jpg
    ablkvamg004.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 127

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I am curious to know what are people thinking in terms of backgrounds and merit/flaws?

Currently my character is looking at the following backgrounds: Allies 2, Contacts 2, Generation 5, Herd 2, Mentor 2, Resources 3, Retainers/Ghoul 1.

Allies: A ancillae in the Giavonie Clan and a neonete in **** Clan
Contacts: A local street gang with access to illegal goods/weapons and a police detective
Generation: Currently 8th generation
Herd: ~7 Local prosituties that not only provide thier blood but also the occasional lead or two
Mentor: His Sire has a sincere interest in his well being and station in NYC
Resources: Owns a legitamite railcar shipping warehouse down by Grand Central that he uses as a front for smuggling anything in and out of the city.
Retainer: Female Ghoul who helps runs the business. Is also currently under possible canditacy for tutiloge within the Clan. Has shown to be a successful and talented 'Cleaner'.

What about everyone else?

-Blood

Shalimar

First Post
Here is what I currently have for Merits/Flaws and Backgrounds (Subject to change):

Backgrounds
Resources: 4 (Personal Resources via trusts, and similair assets, legally she is not an adult)
Mentor: 2, Richard Archer, Ventrue Elder and the head of the Archer clan, Gwen's Grandfather
Herd: 2 the herd belongs to her various relatives with their rarified tastes. Since she doesn't have the picky Ventrue pallete she can sup from any of them and with 20 or so vampires there are always a few around able to donate some blood.
Generation: 8th Generation (she was embraced by an Elder who has been active the last 300 years since his last torpor, a rival of her Grandfather)
Retainer: Alex Mallory, ghoul manservant-valet.

I am thinking of dropping the resources down and bumping her mentor up to show that its not just her Grandfather (an Elder) but also some ancillae and neonates as well. She doesn't need that much in the way of personal resources yet, and she hasn't had the time to build up a personal fortune apart from the family money yet.

Merits and Flaws:
Enchanting Voice (+2) DVs to Charm, Command, Persuade are -2
Harmless (+1) Everyone in the city knows you, and knows you’re no threat to their plans.
Sanctity (+2) Everyone considers you pure and innocent, though not necessarily naïve. You have a saint like quality that is hard to pinpoint but cannot be denied. You are trusted even if you are not trustworthy. You tend to receive lesser punishments for wrong doings and are liked by most.
Short (-1)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Darn Ambrus. Your avatar just scared the hell out of me. It blinked! :confused:

I have few issues to take care of before starting a new game but we'll start as soon as possible, probably late next week. I'll try to put out the RG immediatily.
EDIT: And here is the RG http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=3838106
Post only sheets and short description there. No detailed backgrounds.

Last edited:

Blackrat

Shalimar, I'm getting quite strong Claudia vibes from Gwen. Funny since she's one of the rare Rice's vampires I don't like but I do like Gwen. :D

Blackrat

The short compilation about 20's that Ambrus posted is good aid in mood creation. Thanks. But there is one thing I can't find out, and since I'm not american, haven't even thought about before is this: During the prohibition, was all alcohol banned or was it restricted to "booze"? I mean, I find it hard to believe that the powers behind any government would let things like Champagne or some extremely expensive brandy to become illegal. So if someone knows more about this, would you please educate me a bit. :confused:

Ambrus

Explorer
Blackrat said:
Darn Ambrus. Your avatar just scared the hell out of me. It blinked! :confused:
Heh. It's more than just a collection of pixels. If you look closely you'll see twin streams of smoke rising from its nostrils too. ;)
Blackrat said:
The short compilation about 20's that Ambrus posted is good aid in mood creation.
Thanks. If anyone wants to read more about the era, I'd suggest checking out the wikipedia entry on the Roaring Twenties.
Blackrat said:
During the prohibition, was all alcohol banned or was it restricted to "booze"?
According to wikipedia: "Prohibition in the United States aimed to achieve alcohol abstinence through legal means. The term is also used to denote the era of the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, the years 1920 to 1933, during which alcohol sale, manufacture and transportation were constitutionally banned throughout the United States. Prohibition began on January 16, 1920, when the Eighteenth Amendment went into effect."
Blackrat said:
I mean, I find it hard to believe that the powers behind any government would let things like Champagne or some extremely expensive brandy to become illegal.
Well, keep in mind that those who favored such expensive fare could easily use their wealth and influence to acquire smuggled liquor with little to no fear of legal problems. Prohibition was intended more as a guiding principle for the everyman rather than the elite of society. What's the point of being in the upper classes if it doesn't come with some special privileges? Ah, the sweet smell of corruption... ;)

So how about that Flyfingers merit? :\

Last edited:

Blackrat

Ambrus said:
So how about that Flyfingers merit? :\
Oh yeah, I have to check that out but it seems okay, so unless I say otherwise in couple of days you can go with it. From what book is it?

Ambrus

Explorer
Blackrat said:
Oh yeah, I have to check that out but it seems okay, so unless I say otherwise in couple of days you can go with it. From what book is it?
Kithbook Sluagh. I can copy out the description for you later if you don't have it. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads