Vampire weirdness....

Nezkrul

First Post
everything in the fast healing rule about gaseous form only works while the vampire is in gaseous form. That is the I don't die at 0 or less hitpoints, the cool I have to seek out my coffin in less than 2 hours, and the ability to automatically assume gaseous form without taking a standard action to activate it. You say it doesn't need to be in gaseous form to not die instantly, that it gets to look for its coffin no matter what, I say where does it state that? Clearly the ability to not die and go straight to its coffin is contingent on being in gaseous form BECAUSE it is described immediately following the clause "automatically assumes gaseous form and attempts to escape".

Trying to claim you can do something because the rules don't explicitly and directly cover what you want to do is a fallacy. I provided you with the answer to what happens when a vampire hits 0 hit points in an AMF, if you choose to disregard RAW that's your call and your game, we can't make you play it the right way. But don't sit there and tell me that I'm wrong when the rules clearly support my answer and only a fallacy supports yours.

Now answer this simple question:

What can an undead do at 0 hit points with nothing special to keep them alive, or their something special to keep them alive was prevented by its enemies?

Sekhmet

First Post
You did not provide a rule that states what happens to a Vampire at 0 HP in an AMF - you provided conjecture based on improper reading comprehension of both the Fast Healing ability and AMF spell.
AMF does not prevent Gaseous Form from happening, it suppresses the effect until the duration ends - two hours.

Until the terms of that clause are completed, the only ways to destroy a vampire are under the "Slaying a Vampire" entry.

Remove ads