• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

vBulleting asking to sync EN World and Facebook accounts?

Klaus

First Post
When I try entering the D&D And Pathfinder forum, I guess this error message:

To access this category you must sync (connect) your facebook account with EN World: RPG News & Reviews account.

... which seems awfully weird.

EtanMoonstar

Explorer
After syncing said account, it then insists that you join the ENWorld Facebook group. The group requires approval to join, however, which means no accessing D&D boards at the moment. =P

S

Sunseeker

I want to make a note, just in case this is legit policy, I will not do it. If that means I can't use EN World because I won't link my life into Facebook, so be it.

Skryme

First Post
A really bad idea. No way I'm coming out of the gaming closet to my family and friends. :) I hope they reconsider this policy.

Kaodi

Hero
Might I suggest that perhaps this is a sort of bug that we are experiencing at the moment? I would be a little incredulous if Morrus intentionally just suddenly sprung such a potentially controversial requirement on us. I would think it more likely that this was supposed to be optional functionality that has mistakenly been enabled on everyone...

S

Sunseeker

Might I suggest that perhaps this is a sort of bug that we are experiencing at the moment? I would be a little incredulous if Morrus intentionally just suddenly sprung such a potentially controversial requirement on us. I would think it more likely that this was supposed to be optional functionality that has mistakenly been enabled on everyone...

I suspect this is the case, clearly it doesn't apply to all the forums so it's not new default vBulletin requirements. But none-the-less I want to be clear where I stand on the issue.

Tovec

Explorer
It is fairly plain from where I'm sitting. If this "connect facebook" thing is in, then I'm out. No effin way am I connecting this account to facebook. You people don't know who Tovec is in the real world and I'm keeping it that way.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I also agree that it is a bad idea.

That said, I did do it. This post is just a test to see if it's different.

Does anyone notice anything different about this post? Check out my profile. Can you find my real name anywhere?

Last edited:

Remove ads