• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

vBulleting asking to sync EN World and Facebook accounts?

I can read this thread, and the Storyhour forum. The E.N. Publishing forum gives me an error.

Russ said he was 'trying a thing' earlier. It apparently did something sucky. He should undo that thing. :)

S

Sunseeker

Being able to connect to Facebook is fine for people who want to, I have no issue with that, but this should not be mandatory....

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Okay, I didn't click allow, but now when I go to the D&D forum, instead of linking me directly to Facebook, ENWorld says I need to be a member of the Facebook group to use the forum.

Seems like there's some tinkering still going on.

I linked my account to Facebook... but now if I try to use the D&D boards, it links me to Facebook, which shows me this screen:

View attachment 57718

I really don't want to click Allow. It's a shame, because there's a lot of D&D-related stuff I wanted to discuss today.

In a fit of stupidity earlier, I did click Allow on my phone. Then it asked me to allow it to post to all my friends, then took me to a group I needed permission to join.

Now on my phone, a little link to my Facebook occurs next to my username at the top.

But that doesn't happen on my PC, just on my phone. This strikes me as weird.

Nor can I find any way to undo it, either on my phone or my PC.

I want all Facebook information scrubbed from my account, effective immediately.

P.S. Though on my PC, I do get a checkbox at the bottom of the post, saying, "Publish to Facebook". Thankfully it isn't checked by default.

GreyLord

Legend
It seems I'm not alone in joining the hordes who are getting this "To access this category you must sync (connect) your facebook account with EN World: RPG News & Reviews account." line. Morrus had the note that he was "doing a thing" earlier this evening, I'm thinking he made a mistake when trying to implement it, or at least I hope that's what happened.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yikes, that was a torrent of emails to wake up to! Sorry about about that; I'd have fixed this sooner but I was asleep!

Should be fixed now.

Last edited:

Remove ads