• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

vBulleting asking to sync EN World and Facebook accounts?

More than a little weird. Also, "facebook" was spelled without a capital "F". It's too specific to be a bug though.

What about people who don't have a Facebook account?

Obryn

Hero
Somebody's already hunted down personal information about me over elfgame crap once. I'm not really interested in making obsessive nerd doxxing easier in the future.

-O

Zustiur

Explorer
[MENTION=6690511]GX.Sigma[/MENTION]
Your post looks 100% normal, and I could not find any link to your FB account, nor to your real name in your profile.

This strikes me as quite incredibly invasive for the privilege of chatting about pretending to be an elf.

If this is for real, seeya!

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I linked my account to Facebook... but now if I try to use the D&D boards, it links me to Facebook, which shows me this screen:

facebook enworld.png

I really don't want to click Allow. It's a shame, because there's a lot of D&D-related stuff I wanted to discuss today.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
It's still telling me the same thing (connect via Facebook).

Not that I'm interesting in linking, but ... there's no link.
Same.

The message is the same, and, like you, I have no interest in linking (and won't, if it comes down to it). I've been checking [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]'s twitter once every couple hours today (not a member of twitter, so I have no idea if I'm missing stuff), and I've seen no mentions of EN World, really, but he has a ton of posts today, so I might've missed something.

Remove ads