• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming 2024

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it! Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2048.jpeg

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it!

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

Reynard

Legend
They continue to say that all adventures will be usable with the 2024 rules and their release schedule seems to indicate that they completely believe themselves.
I'm sure they will, assuming you swap out all the old challenges and monsters for the new ones. I can run a 1e adventure in 5e too.

But I was more thinking that they would want to give 2014 a send-off with the Vecna thing. This is different. It basically implies that this adventure IS 5E2024.

I'm wondering if some dates got mixed up. Then again, we know that the three core books are going to be staggered, so maybe it's the PHB and this adventure coming out on May 21st.

Reynard

Legend
They've neither stated nor suggested any such thing. Monster CR isn't changing (though the 2024 will hit harder). They're not even putting out a new starter set that's how confident they are that the conversion you assume isn't required.
Yes they are changing monsters for the new MM. It would be strange to suggest those changes did not have an impact on play.

Reynard

Legend
Did they say whether this was a 1-20 adventure or a high level adventure meant to be played after a "standard" 1-11/13 adventure?

Kurotowa

Legend
I'm wondering if some dates got mixed up. Then again, we know that the three core books are going to be staggered, so maybe it's the PHB and this adventure coming out on May 21st.
Yes, that is what they announced. The revised Player's Handbook and new campaign book Vecna: Eve of Ruin launch together on May 21st, 2024. The revised Monster Manual and Dungeon Master's Guide will release later in the year, both to allow more production time and to avoid printing bottlenecks.

Remove ads

Remove ads