• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming 2024

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it! Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

IMG_2048.jpeg

Just revealed by WotC, a multiverse spanning adventure which goes up to level 20 and features cameos from famous D&D characters. More info when we have it!

Update--WotC has taken down the promo image and replaced it with one without a release date. See more here.

Reynard

Legend
But there isn't anything to capstone, it will be possible to run with 2014 books or 2024 books.
That doesn't make it not a new edition. Relax. No one is telling you otherwise. But it is still a new set of books with revised rules. That's the very definition of a new edition.

And it's irrelevant to my point: being that this adventure ties up hints from the last 10 years' worth of adventures, it seemed like it wouldn't be the intro adventure to the 2024 rules, but preceed them.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
You assert this stuff with literally no knowledge of what changes are being made. The panel just said they were making changes to every monster.
Have you checked out Monsters of the Multiverse, which has the new Monster math upgrades to the Volo's and Mordenkainen's stat blocks...?

The old ones are still usable, even if the replacements are a tune-up. They are using the same CR standards.

Reynard

Legend
Sure, but you can use either if you want...I'm guessing, as they are, most will use the new stuff.
If PCs are getting a power boost or shift due to the revision, it isn't out of this world to wonder whether the old adventures will stand up to 2024 parties, or whether the expectation is that when running the old adventures the GM will use the new monster stats. I honestly don't understand why some people get so reactionary at the slightest suggestion that they actually, you know, made changes in the new books.

Remove ads

Remove ads