• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

video editing software

mojo1701

First Post
You're not going to find much under $100, since most of the software requires various capture plug-ins, built-in codecs, etc.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Cheezehog said:
I looking for a decent video editing softwarre for under $100. Any suggestions?
Good video editing software is expensive, and there's also the fact that having a fast computer with a lot of memory and a good video card is a must if you're going to do much video editing (unless you want to make low-res video). I don't know how much luck you're going to have finding good video editing software for under $100.

Probably the best video editing software out there is Final Cut Pro along with an Apple workstation to run it on. However, the software alone will cost you anywhere from $1000 - $1200. I had the chance to work with it a few years back in my college's multimedia lab, and let me just tell you that it is one sweet program. :)

Cheezehog

First Post
Perhaps I should have be more specific (youngen crying at me at the time) I have a mini DV cam corder and want to make and burn home movies with my PC. Dont want anything to fancy just cheap and easy. Thanks for the replies

Dark Jezter

First Post
Cheezehog said:
Perhaps I should have be more specific (youngen crying at me at the time) I have a mini DV cam corder and want to make and burn home movies with my PC. Dont want anything to fancy just cheap and easy. Thanks for the replies
In that case, try Pinnacle. It's a decent video editing suite that runs for under $100. My dad uses it for editing movies he records on his camcorder, and he also uses it to burn them to DVD.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
Good video editing software is expensive, and there's also the fact that having a fast computer with a lot of memory and a good video card is a must if you're going to do much video editing (unless you want to make low-res video). I don't know how much luck you're going to have finding good video editing software for under $100.

Probably the best video editing software out there is Final Cut Pro along with an Apple workstation to run it on. However, the software alone will cost you anywhere from $1000 - $1200. I had the chance to work with it a few years back in my college's multimedia lab, and let me just tell you that it is one sweet program. :)

I have to disagree.

AVID by Digidesign is currently the best Video editing program on the market. It works with both Windows and Mac, at if you have a Mojo or Digi002 hardware processor for your AVID then it being on a mac or windows doesnt matter. Plus it works really well with Pro-Tools, a digital sound editor (which also works on PC or Mac).

My prefrence of choice is a windows PC built for editing with a Mojo and M-Box. Thankfully (after this week) I can say this as a semi-professional as a Digital Video Editor with experience with Avid AND final cut pro.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
However, Avid Express DV, which I use...costs 400$ The Mojo Hardware Processor, is 1500 grand heh.

So i guess i'm no help for this thread.

TogaMario

First Post
I learned Adobe Premiere in college, and it's quite powerful, but it's quite 700 dollars :) It's difficult to find power for cheap, but there are some free ones out there that will do the job, if nothing else. Someone mentioned iMovies? I think windows comes with a "Windows Movie Maker" nowadays. Haven't used either, but i'll check them out later.

Remove ads