[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Seeing as how he might have to put up with this Fury guy after tommorow, Aligor simply grunts and moves closer to the scene. His weapon not drawn, but ready action to draw it quickly and defend himself.

Once he is closer, he would like to hear what is going on.

Telsar

First Post
Glind River Bridge

Alicia searches the splattered corpse of her enemy, finding the scroll he was reading from, and a small pouch of coins. She also sees he was wearing some arm-bands made of gold, and the white robe he’s wearing has some very intricate designs on it, and is made of a silk-like substance, so it might have some value of its own. Of course, it’s unlikely anyone would buy the robe and bracers unless all the blood was washed from it.

Alev continues down the bridge and takes another shot at the far archer, hitting him square in the chest. He moans in pain, but then retaliates, sending an arrow into Alev’s shoulder. Meanwhile, the other archer shakes off his paralysis momentarily, long enough to shoot an arrow into Lydia’s arm.

[Alev’s attack rolled 19+6-2=AC 23, hit. Rolled 8 damage. Alev took 6 damage, Lydia took 5.]

In the river, Gwyn lashes out with his claws, both scratching at the girl’s throat. As more blood seeps into the water, the girl looks very hurt, and for once, very scared, but having little choice, she slashes her dagger across Gwyn’s cheek, the flesh sizzling at it’s touch. The floating ball of fire again tries to engulf the girl, but she manages to avoid it, at the same time avoiding Lydia’s crossbow bolt whizzing by her.

[Gwyn rolled 15+5=AC 20, and 18+5=AC 23, both hit. Damage is 4+2=6 and 2+2=4. Gwyn took 4 points of damage. Lydia’s attack rolled 9+5-4=AC 10, missed.]

On the bridge, Maximillian says to Sunedilar “Trying to make me lose my weapon, are you? That’s a good strategy, someone trained you well. But perhaps someone trained me better!” Max takes his sword and strikes at Sunedilar’s chain, attempting to wrap it and pull it from the warriors hand, but Sunedilar slips the chain free. A small smile passes Max’s lips as he adds “Or perhaps not.”

[Max tried to disarm, but Sunedilar rolled 19+9=28 to resist.]

[OOC Stopping here… finding the loot took Alicia 1 round, grabbing it all would take another 2 rounds. Is Alicia taking the time to grab it all, or do something else?]

[Characters by initative, damage:
Alicia, HPs: 21(+4 NL)/38, poisoned (-3 Dex)
Alev, HPs: 17/23
Blink Dog, unhurt, afraid
Archer 1, unhurt
Archer 2, hurt
Man in white robes, dead
Gwyn, HP:11(+3 NL)/26
Woman in leather armor, very hurt
Maximillian, unhurt
Lydia, HP:16/26
Girdra, unhurt
Sunedilar, HP: 35(+8 NL)/38]

Outside the general store in Taeirn

As Aligor approaches, ready to attack, he hears Fury say to the woman “Do you work for this… Hex, or not, cow? Tell me your name and I’ll consider letting you up.” The woman wiggles free of the bola, but is still held down by Fury’s foot, although it will clearly be more difficult for him to keep her that way now. She yells some unintelligible curses at Fury, who asks Aligor, “Have you seen this woman before? She was outside the antique store when I entered, and was still there when I left. I thought perhaps she was following me, but it seems more likely now that it was you she was interested in.” Aligor has never seen this elf before, that he remembers, anyway.

Quentin’s Cubbyhole

[OOC- GFA, while Taria’s on her own, no problem with long delays on posting]

As T’aria watches everyone in the common room, she gets the impression that everyone is watching her as well. Most are subtle about it, but the woman playing the harp occasionally plays a bit out of tune, paying more attention to the half-demon than her playing.

After only a few minutes waiting, while the elderly halfling has just smiled at T’aria attentions, someone walks through the doors juggling three daggers, and T’aria immediately recognizes her as the halfling, Shadow. Most everyone in the room looks up from what they are doing to smile and nod at her, except for the female musician, who seems to purposely avoid making eye contact. Shadow walks to T’aria’s table, nimbly slipping her daggers into their sheaths, and sits down.

“So, my new friend, I hope you’ve had an entirely uneventful morning. From what I’ve heard, there’s been even more violence this morn than there was the other night. Tell me, were you, and your well-named horse, able to avoid all the commotion?” The halfling has a wry smile on her face, as if she knows, at least something, about the fiasco that the meeting with the dwarf turned out to be. The room is large enough, and Shadow is talking quietly enough, that it’s unlikely anyone the half-demon can see is monitoring the conversation.

Before T’aria can answer, the female elf returns with T’aria’s order, and regardless of what animal it comes from, it smells delicious. Shadow says to her “You know me, sweets always come first. If I have to leave in a hurry, I want to be sure to have had my pastries.” The elf smiles and leaves, apparently knowing from experience what Shadow typically orders. Shadow then says to T’aria, “Seriously, I’d love to hear all the juicy details about this morning. It’s not everyday a thieves guild is almost entirely wiped out; every other day, perhaps, but not every day.”

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Gwyn laughs cruelly. "You're not going to win this, girl, but you can still run. Flee, while you've still got breath!"

OOC: attempting to Intimidate her into flight; he will take a five-foot paddle away, preventing an AoO from him, hopefully convincing her that she might be able to make good an escape.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lydia gasps in pain, and yanks the bolt out of her arm, her vision going gray momentarily. Bracing her crossbow against her thigh, she loads it again, blood making her fingers slippery. She aims at the archer that escaped her ensorcelled grasp, and fires, trying to finish what she started.*

"Can't kill me... not yet. You're going to die first!" Lydia says in a voice like Death.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Alev snaps his teeth as the arrow marks his flesh. "Oh, kiss me again, darling!" he calls out as he lets his own barb fly. "I adore you."

Now that the other archer appears unheld, he'll hang back at a distance of around 60 feet -- if he can't make a shot with any artistic precision, no point in giving them the opportunity.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aligor stares down at the elven woman. "What the hell ya want wit me? Yer another one of Hex's women? Who sent you?"

Intimidate +6 as he taps his dwarven waraxe

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
Glind River Bridge

Alicia searches the splattered corpse of her enemy, finding the scroll he was reading from, and a small pouch of coins. She also sees he was wearing some arm-bands made of gold, and the white robe he’s wearing has some very intricate designs on it, and is made of a silk-like substance, so it might have some value of its own. Of course, it’s unlikely anyone would buy the robe and bracers unless all the blood was washed from it.

[OOC Stopping here… finding the loot took Alicia 1 round, grabbing it all would take another 2 rounds. Is Alicia taking the time to grab it all, or do something else?]

Alicia looks over the loot briefly, then remembers she's in the middle of a battle. She takes a moment to asess the situation. The Fiendy-man seemed to handle himself well enough in the river, Chain-warrior-what's-his-name-Sunday-? kept the pretty man occupied, the Dog was nowhere to be seen and the archers were not much of a threat. Maybe they didn't need Alicia right now? Climbing the cliffside while carrying the corpse would be difficult, especially while under fire and dog-attack. Hmm... Yes she would stay to loot, and then climb up to save the day.
She begins to gather up the loot and putting it in her backpack. When she's done she'll kick the corpse into the river and begin to climb up the cliff.

Telsar

First Post
[OOC Cepter: Oops, somehow I forgot to resolve your attack. Here it is first thing…]

Glind River Bridge

Sunedilar swings his chain at Maximillian, and is unfortunately just as ineffective as his opponent, missing. Max’s smile broadens a bit more, apparently enjoying the fact this conflict won’t be quickly resolved.

[Sunedilar rolled 6+9=AC 15, missed]

As Alicia begins removing things of value from the cleric’s corpse, Alev stops advancing down the bridge and takes another shot at the far archer, the arrow looking like it will just hit a branch next to him. But at the last instant it swerves in mid-flight to hit the archer. The man is surprised, and his own arrow hits the bridge a few feet in front of Alev. The closer archer and Lydia exchange projectiles as well, both finding their mark, Lydia being hit in the arm again and the archer hit in the hand.

[Alev rolled 9+6+2(unexpected bonus)=AC 17, hit. Damage rolled is 3. Lydia is hit for 3 damage, and rolls 2 damage against the archer.]

Gwyn paddles a bit away from the female with the dagger. She looks very angry, but also in a lot of pain. She snarls “Demon! You could have actually served a divine purpose, your sacrifice allowing us to summon a new leader to this plane. A celestial to help wipe this world free of your kind’s taint! We will resummon our leader, and then track you to the ends of the world if need be.” With that, she swims with the current away from Gwyn and at an angle, aiming to eventually reach the base of the cliffs. However, Girdra’s ball of fire chases the girl down, and this time she’s unable to avoid it. The girl is engulfed, giving a blood-curdling scream that can be heard by everyone here, then the girl sinks beneath the water, apparently unconscious or dying.

[Gwyn is delaying and can do whatever he wants when he decides what that is.]

Maximillian, fighting with Sunedilar on the bridge, hears the scream, and his look of enjoyment changes immediately to one of pain and guilt. “You sick monsters! Even you warrior, skilled you may be, who you associate with marks your character as much as their acts do.” He lunges with his glowing sword, slashing Sunedilar’s abdomen with a deep gash. The strength of blow seems phenomenal, perhaps boosted by magic.

[Sunedilar is hit, takes 14 damage from the single longsword attack.]

[Characters by initative, damage:
Sunedilar, HP: 21(+8 NL)/38
Alev, HPs: 17/23
Blink Dog, unhurt, afraid
Archer 1, slightly hurt
Archer 2, hurt
Man in white robes, dead
Gwyn, HP:11(+3 NL)/26
Woman in leather armor, out or dying
Maximillian, unhurt
Lydia, HP:13/26
Girdra, unhurt]

Outside the general store in Taeirn

The female elf struggles and frees herself from under Fury’s foot. She says to Aligor “I’m no one’s woman, dwarf! But I work for the guard.” As she rises, Fury seems to debate whether to strike her back down, but decides against it. Once up, she draws a short sword, threatening both men with it. Still talking to Aligor, she says “If you enjoyed that prison cell so much, by all means… come at me. Modrin just wanted someone to keep an eye on you. You apparently cause a lot of trouble without a babysitter.” She eyes Fury, and adds “And you clearly hang out with the wrong types of people.”

[Aligor rolled Intimidate 6+6=12. Didn’t have an effect, but luckily (for her) she was willing to say who she worked for anyway]

Fury chuckles a bit, a low evil-sounding thing, full of more menace than his words have. “Hmmm… A woman with spirit. How atypical.” His cowled head turns to Aligor and says, “I’ll leave it to you what to do with your stalker. Regardless, tomorrow I will accompany you on your mission at… Hex’s.” Aligor finds it very odd the way he keeps pausing before saying Hex’s name. “Whatever part his men played in Boone’s thefts, I might learn something.”

This seems to anger the elven woman a bit. “The hell you are! This will be a job for us professionals. Not some freakish… whatever the hell you are.” She moves a bit closer to Fury, trying to see under his cowl, but he takes a step back to avoid her attentions.

Remove ads