[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Gwyn will reconsider, seeing his captive alive; instead, he will drag her to the place where the wizard had stood on the bank. Once there, if he cannot be seen from above, he'll search and bind her; if he can, he'll threaten the woman's life to get the warriors above to back down.

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
Glind River Bridge

[Serpenteye: Climbing up 50 feet will take you 3 rounds. The DC for this climb at that speed is 15, so if you take 10 the whole time, assuming no one attacks you, you’ll make it up safely. Or I’ll let you try to climb faster vs DC 20, this would take 2 rounds, so 2 checks. You’d have to roll 14+6(Str) or higher each time. If you roll 10-13, you’ll make no progress, 9 or less and you fall. So at best, you can only save 1 round, and then only if you make 2 fairly high rolls. Alicia’s choice, but if she’s in a hurry… :) ]

[Slow and steady it is, then. Seems the fight will still be there for Alicia to join in when she gets up ;).]

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hair, Human/Male Fighter

There is no response from the fighter as he feels the darkling power of the holy woman seal some of his wounds closed. He swings his hain, creating a flashing web of steel coils before sending it spiraling at his opponent, this fool who had the terminity to tell him to abandon the course at this stage.

(attempting a disarm again)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lydia gasps in pain, and steps back slightly to attempt to heal her own wounds.*

"Just get rid of him," she hisses to Sunedilar, unbelieving that he would try to disarm a man that was attempting to kill him.

OOC - Lydia will cast cure light wounds on herself.

Telsar

First Post
Glind River Bridge

Silent Sunedilar tries again to wrap his chain around Max’s longsword, but can’t seem to pull it from the holy warrior’s inhuman strength. Alev and his opponent, the far archer, are both nearly unconscious from their wounds, but their weakness causes both to miss with their arrows.

[On disarm attempt, Sunedilar rolls 5+9+4=18. Max rolls total 25. Alev’s attack again rolled 1, missed.]

With a distinct popping sound, the blink dog suddenly reappears on the bridge, apparently no longer afraid from Lydia’s spell. It looks around for what opponents are available, then moves to the bridge’s side and looks over, spotting Alicia climbing up the cliffs. From his position under the bridge, Gwyn can’t see the creature, so more than likely, it can’t see him as well. Gwyn begins searching the woman; the dagger she was carrying was apparently dropped in the river. He finds she’s wearing a simple gold necklace that might be worth a little. She has a small purse with coins, and 3 potions on her, labeled Moderate Wounds Curative. The dog turns to face Lydia and Sunedilar, looking like it’s about to pounce.

Before Lydia can start casting her spell, an arrow once again finds its mark, embedding into her thigh. Maximillian lunges at Sunedilar, his longsword re-opening the wounds just cured by Lydia. The cleric curses that the pain is almost making her pass out, and she heals herself of some of her arrow wounds.

[Lydia took 5 points of damage. Sunedilar took 11 points of damage. Lydia cures herself of 5+4=9 damage. If Lydia would have done something differently with the blink dog arriving, let me know and I’ll edit.]

[Characters by initative, damage:
Sunedilar, HP: 14(+8 NL)/38
Alicia, HPs: 21(+4 NL)/38, poisoned (-3 Dex)
Alev, HPs: 1/23
Blink Dog, unhurt, afraid
Archer 1, slightly hurt
Archer 2, very hurt
Man in white robes, dead
Gwyn, HP:11(+3 NL)/26
Woman in leather armor, very hurt
Maximillian, unhurt
Lydia, HP:11/26
Girdra, unhurt]

[I’m hoping if Guilt Puppy would have Alev do anything because he’s so hurt (take cover, surrender, whatever), he’ll let us know. :) ]

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Alev grins and seethes as each new arrow strikes. Watching this last exchange miss, he calls out, measuring out his next shot: "Lydia, darling? I can't make any guarantees, but in my experience, when the blood amounts to this much --" he sloshes the toe of his boot through the puddle gathering beneath him "-- death is but a drip away."

Given the glimmer in his voice, it's hard to tell if he is hinting at a healing, or merely attempting to charm the necromancer.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lydia snarls mentally at the whole world, and then reaches over to close Alev's wounds.*

"Make sure you kill something before you die, Pretty Bird," she admonishes.

[OOC - cure light wounds on Alev, 1d8+4.]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
With a huff, Aligor looks over each of the two before him. "Looks like yer gonna be workin wit us anyways, lass. Might as well git it over wit now! I know where this damn hex's place is, and I want my Urgrosh back! B'sides, if'n we clear that damn nest out now, then Mordrin will surely realize that we did it, considerin we're the only ones that know what's happenin there 'n all. So quit yer whinnin and let's git goin'. Or if ya feel like it, go and run to Mordrin and tell him that plans changed. I want this work over wit NOW!"

Aligor heads towards Hex's place. Considering he knows where it is, and that the Urgorsh might be at stake, he might as well go now. After all, hopefully those damn brats are tired and running scared by now.

OOC - Sorry for the delay, got promoted and moving offices. As for the shopping spree, Aligor is looking for healing stuff, since he is always running low on hit points and such....which SUCKS!!! Oh well, he's still alive....for now.....

Remove ads