[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Gwyn snarls in disappointment; he'd been hoping to have the pleasure of hunting the girl down. Still, she might have something of value on her; he swims after the body and drags it to shore.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lydia takes a look, and sees that Sunedilar has been badly hurt. However, seeing that strapping warrior dead and at her feet would be much more pleasing. With that in mind, she spurred her horse foreward, wanting to invoke the healing magic of Wee Jas upon Sunedilar.*

[OOC - Move up behind Sunedilar, and cast cure light wounds for 1d8+4 points of healing.]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"BABYSITTER! Dammit ta hell! Mordrin shoulda known better. Just keep the hell outta my way! And no use in hiddin' either. You can't even do that right. So what made him choose you? You git in sum kinda trouble? Figures a woman would. And as fer this guy, I told him I was needing ta clear out Hex's place. Damn bastards probably stole my Urgrosh! I want it back, damn thieves! I'll paint that damn buildin with their blood if I find them."

He turns to the figure of Fury. "What are YOU doin followin me as well?"

Serpenteye

First Post
Meanwhile Alicia continues to plunder the white-clad corpse before her, daydreaming briefly about what it would be like to be Empress. She had noble blood in her veins, after all, and her ogre blood gave her a different sort of power.
She imagines leading armies across the world. Thousands of screaming men and beasts descending upon the innocent, valiant and foul alike, drowning whole cities and nations in blood and taking thousands more pretty little slaves for her pleasure. So many pretty little things for her to destroy. She imagines the continents bowing down before her and hailing her as their savior and conqueror. Pax Alicia, her eternal glorious reign of terror...
She sighs as she pulls the beautiful robe off the old man, finding only an old man's flabby, wrinkled and palsied body beneath. She sighs, and dreams of a lost past and a future she can never reclaim.

Telsar

First Post
Glind River Bridge

[OOC I’m going to assume that Sunedilar and Alev continue with their previous attacks and targets…]

Sunedilar, a bit surprised by Max’s inhuman strength, lashes out with his chain, but it flies harmlessly over the fighter’s head. Alicia, lost in her own thoughts and hardly noticing there is still fighting taking place, finally grabs up everything of the priests and rolls his body into the river like so much garbage. Then she begins the long climb back up the cliff.

[Sunedilar’s attack rolled 3+9=AC 12, missed. I’m assuming Alicia is taking 10 on climb checks, at least as long as she isn’t being attacked.]

Alev and the far archer again trade attacks, this time Alev’s arrow gaining no odd assistance in finding its target. He doesn’t seem to need the assist, as Alev’s arrow finds the archer’s chest. Unfortunately, the archer’s arrow also connects, scraping a deep, painful cut across Alev’s temple, a bit of blood now running down his face. The nearer archer sends an arrow flying over Lydia’s head.

[Alev rolled 15+6=AC 21, hit. Damage rolled 7. The archer critically hit Alev for 10 points of damage]

Gwyn swims with the current towards where he saw the woman go down and then dives underneath the surface. In seconds he sees, and grabs, her limp helpless body under the waves.

[Gwyn made a Swim check vs DC 10 of 12+2=14, to reach her]

Up on the bridge, Maximillian continues his angry assault on Sunedilar, a slight nick of his glowing longsword still causing extreme pain from the force of the blow. Sunedilar realizes that one more hit may drop him.

[Max hit Sunedilar for minimum damage, 7]

Lydia tries to spur her horse, but the scared animal, trembling all this time from the various spells and arrows whizzing around him, heads for the edge of the bridge instead. Lydia finds she can’t control him, and quickly jumps off before it leaps from the bridge to fall into the water below. The horse makes a loud, and painful, splash and begins flailing about, trying to swim as it is swept along with the current.

[To control the horse, Lydia rolled Ride check of 4+2=6, failed. Second ride roll to keep it from going over the edge rolled 7+2=9, failed too. Made a Reflex save of natural 20 to jump off the horse. Horse hits the river and takes 3D6=15 normal damage and 2D3=4 non-lethal damage. Light warhorses have 22 HPs, so it’s still barely conscious]

From under the bridge, Girdra yells “Damn it! I don’t care how many of you stupid humans die today, but quit trying to kill the horses!” Alicia and Gwyn can see her climbing, with unnatural speed and skill, down the support tower under the bridge to reach the horse below. The ball of fire she created, floating on the river’s surface, disappears.

[Characters by initative, damage:
Sunedilar, HP: 14(+8 NL)/38
Alicia, HPs: 21(+4 NL)/38, poisoned (-3 Dex)
Alev, HPs: 7/23
Blink Dog, unhurt, afraid
Archer 1, slightly hurt
Archer 2, very hurt
Man in white robes, dead
Gwyn, HP:11(+3 NL)/26
Woman in leather armor, very hurt
Maximillian, unhurt
Lydia, HP:13/26
Girdra, unhurt]

Outside the general store in Taeirn

The elven girl, arguing with Aligor, is quite short for her race, and fairly attractive with tied-back brown hair. “I hid fine from you! Been following you since you left the prison, so don’t be an ass. Modrin says I have to help tomorrow too, since their might be traps. Unless you just want all the traps to hit you as you blunder in there. But maybe the mighty thief Hectaras didn’t put no traps on his place of business, and you’ll be just fine. Ha!”

She takes a step back from both Aligor and Fury, apparently satisfied they won’t immediately attack her, and resheaths her weapon. “Modrin chose me ‘cause, like you, I got some crimes to pay off. Not wanton murder like you, though, just stickin’ my nose where it didn’t belong. My name is Mollia, not that you need to know. But Modrin won’t want someone he don’t know getting involved…”, looking ruefully at Fury as she says this.

Fury meanwhile seems terribly distracted, muttering something over and over. Aligor listens carefully and realizes it’s the word ‘Hectaras’. As the dwarf asks Fury about him following, he seems to become clear again, saying “I wasn’t following you, dwarf. As I said, I spotted this girl twice, outside Boone’s, and thought she was following me. Then I trailed her as she followed you. But if this Modrin won’t want my assistance, well… dwarf, you know Boone wants it. Perhaps it would be better not to wait for morning. We could investigate… Hectaras’ place now. Assuming you know where it is; if not… I bet the spirited cow has been told where.” He faces Mollia, and she looks a bit scared and shakes her head. “Hey, this is Modrin’s mission! I won’t get no credit for it if he isn’t around.”

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Gwyn swims with the girl's body to the cliffs, anchoring himself there with one claw while searching her for anything of value. That done, he will let her float downstream and ascend cautiously.

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
Glind River Bridge
Alicia, lost in her own thoughts and hardly noticing there is still fighting taking place, finally grabs up everything of the priests and rolls his body into the river like so much garbage. Then she begins the long climb back up the cliff.

[Sunedilar’s attack rolled 3+9=AC 12, missed. I’m assuming Alicia is taking 10 on climb checks, at least as long as she isn’t being attacked.]

[ooc: How long would it take to get up the cliff if she's taking 10, as opposed to hurrying?]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lydia curses the loss of her horse, and runs on her own two feet to finish what she started. Trying to get behind Sunedilar, she attempts to infuse him with Wee Jas healing power, so that he can continue to combat the holy champion.*

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hazir, Human/Male Fighter

(computer problems keeping me intermitantly offline. Right now I've got three broken keys, so forgive any typos. And Sundilar would have continued to attack, so all is well there.)

Backing up as he feels blood seep from his wounds, Sunedilar works to stay at distance, using the chain at nearly its full length as he swipes low, attempting to wrench the warrior from his feet.

(5 step move back and then attempting a trip)

Telsar

First Post
Glind River Bridge

[Serpenteye: Climbing up 50 feet will take you 3 rounds. The DC for this climb at that speed is 15, so if you take 10 the whole time, assuming no one attacks you, you’ll make it up safely. Or I’ll let you try to climb faster vs DC 20, this would take 2 rounds, so 2 checks. You’d have to roll 14+6(Str) or higher each time. If you roll 10-13, you’ll make no progress, 9 or less and you fall. So at best, you can only save 1 round, and then only if you make 2 fairly high rolls. Alicia’s choice, but if she’s in a hurry… :) ]

Sunedilar backs away from his enemy, swinging his chain at Max’s feet, but Max manages to leap over the weapon, avoiding being tripped. Alev lets loose an arrow that flies way over the far archer’s head; perhaps the elf was trying to distract him instead of hit him. Both archers continue their assault, with arrows striking both Alev and Lydia hard. Alev’s wounds are throbbing with pain, and it won’t take much more before he drops. Gwyn drags the woman to base of the cliffs. Her face is a lovely shade of blue, until she coughs up a bit of water, clearly unconscious but still alive.

[Sunedilar’s trip rolled 2+9=AC 11, missed. I don’t know why my dice are so keen on Sunny’s death, sorry. Alev’s attack rolled 1, missed. Alev and Lydia both take 6 damage. Gwyn rolled a Swim check to reach the shore, rolled 16+2=18, success. Gwyn can do a search next round; does he still want to send her downstream afterward?]

Under the bridge, Girdra pauses at the base of the structure’s support column, apparently lost in thought for a moment. Then she dives into the water near the fallen horse, and begins leading it to the river’s edge, somehow calming it so it doesn’t drown itself.

While on the bridge, Maximillian advances towards the retreating Sunedilar, and his sword misses the warrior’s chest by just inches. Lydia moves up behind her ally, and calls upon Wee Jas to heal Sunedilar, so he can bring a welcome death on Max, who seems to calm down just a bit, enough to say to the two evil adventurers before him, “We want the ogre, and the fiend. My allies are going to continue to pick you off, and you haven’t touched me yet. Now… if you were to turn on those two we want, hand them over to us, we can forget you ever associated with them. I suggest you think about it… strongly. Do you really care more about them then your own freedom?”

[Lydia rolls 7+4=11 hit points healed on Sunedilar]

[Characters by initative, damage:
Sunedilar, HP: 25(+8 NL)/38
Alicia, HPs: 21(+4 NL)/38, poisoned (-3 Dex)
Alev, HPs: 1/23
Blink Dog, unhurt, afraid
Archer 1, slightly hurt
Archer 2, very hurt
Man in white robes, dead
Gwyn, HP:11(+3 NL)/26
Woman in leather armor, very hurt
Maximillian, unhurt
Lydia, HP:7/26
Girdra, unhurt]

Remove ads