• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Villains of Eberron [Solo][Closed]

Kaodi

Hero
OK... I'm kind of interested, megamania. I have a couple of ideas for the weapon in question, but what's more important at the moment is a more complete background and characters stats.

KLIK BLAZE INIT+7 SP30 AC 16 (TO13 FT13 ) AL CE CR 4 HD 4d6+4 ( )
Med Human Rogue 4 SAVES F+2 R+7 W+2 S10 D16 C12 I14 W12 C15

ATTACKS / DAM Rapier +3 melee 1d6 damage 18-20 x2 crit
FULL ROUND Rapier +3 melee 1d6 damage 18-20 x2 crit
BASE ATT / GRAPPLE: +3 / +3
ARMOR 16 (+3 dex, +3 Stud Leather)
SPEC ATT SNEAK ATTACK: Bonus 2d6 damage anytime foe is flanked
or Flatfooted
SPEC QUA Trap Finding: Find traps with Search DC of 20+
Evasion: Successful Reflex = 0 damage
Trap Sense:
+1 save involving any Trap and +1 DODGE Bonus to AC vs Trap
ACTION POINTS: 10 roll 1d8
FACE / REACH 5 / 5

SKILLS
(77) Appraise +1+2 [+3] Balance+1+3 [+4] Bluff+7+2 [+9] Climb+4 [+4]
Dipl +3+2+2 [+7] Dis Device +7+2 [+9] Disguise+1+2 [+3] Forgery+1+2 [+3] Gather Info+3+2 [+5] Intim+1+2+2 [+5] Jump+1 [+1] Know: Sharn +1+2 [+3] List +5+1 [+6] M Sil +7+3 [+10] Open Lock+7+3 [+10] Search+6+2 [+8] S Motive+6+1 [+7] Slieght o H +2+2+3 [+7] Spot+5+1 [+6] Survival +1+2+1 [+4] Tumble+1+3 [+4] Use Magic Device+3+2 [+5] Use Rope+2 +3 [+5]
FEATS Action Boost, Heroic Spirit, and Improved Init
RACIAL: Level 1 Bonus Feat and 4 Skill Points
Level 2+ +1 Skill point per level
Favored Class: Any

TREASURE standard (5400)
Stud. Leather Armor+1 (1200g)
Heward’s Handy Haversack Central 8cubic feet, 2 sides 2cubic feet always only
5lbs in weight. Move action to grab the mentally called item. (2000 gd)
Scroll Case (empty) (1gd)
Lamp, Bullseye (12gd)
Mantacles, standard (15gd)
Mirror, sm steel (10gd)
Hammer (5 sl)
Pitons x10 (1gd)
Rope , Hemp 50ft (1gd)
Torch x2 (2cp)
Whetstone (2cp)
Thieves Tools standard (30gd)
POTIONS: CLW x5 1d8+1 (250gd)
Blur 20% mischance to hit (300gd)
Invisibility x2 until he attacks (600gd)
Spider Climb (300gd)
Cure Serious Wounds x2 2d8+3 (600gd)
IN COINS 67 Gold 24 Silver 6 Copper

LANGUAGE Common, Giant and Goblin
BOOK / PAGE PHB, Eberron Camp Book
NOTES 3.5 +1 Stat is CHA

Klik Blaze had the life. Everyone envied him. He was born a successful merchant’s son. His uncle was a war hero in Breland’s army. It is said his mother was a national hero (mistaken identity but she wasn’t about to say anything). He had his looks, his parents money and traveled a great deal.

But it was not enough. It never is. If there is one thing Klik has is the love of adventure. He is a Thrill Seeker. At an early age it began with sneaking out of the house to go to the nightclubs and Dream smoke Dens of Central Bridge in Sharn. He still has many contacts and close friends here. Then he learned of exploring goblinoid ruins from an adventuring woman. From her, he learned of Under Sharn and nearby ruins. Most of these were explored and cleared out of goods but it was still new and exciting to Klik.

His parents were too busy to notice he increasing interest and found himself leaving for days at a time. The parents had believed him to be in Central Bridge. Eventually, they kicked him out of the family business and home. He needed to “grow up”. Instead he embraced his new life. Using money he had stolen or hid away from his parents he began to explore ruins further away. He even trespassed into the King’s Forest once just to impress a female mage.

Recently he traveled into the Graywall Mountains to explore a ruin he had heard of here. Like so many. It had already been explored and plundered but he still went deeper. Each time he searched a plundered ruin he would learn something. This time he found a secret chamber that was missed. He was beside himself in joy. He avoided several deadly traps and one guardian creature until he found it. A sword that would forever change his destiny. That damned cursed freaking sword…..

Kaodi

Hero
Maybe next time the pit will deep enough...

The voice is oily, and each word seems to be spoken deliberately. Except there is no voice. All of it is in your head. That is precisely the problem.

Ever since you found it, hidden is that secret vault in the Graywall Mountains, you have been unable to know peace. When you first laid eyes on it, you were mesmerized by the beauty of its workmanship, especially by the magnificient pair or green and gold serpents etched into the base of either side of the blade. A short sword made of the finest cold iron, perfectly balanced. Now, however, only one serpent adorns the blade. The other is wrapped around your sword arm, and there is nothing you can do to remove your new " tattoo " .

The voice first came to you as the serpent wrapped around your arm, seeming to animate and slither right off off the blade, down the length of it and twisting around your wrist and climbing almost the whole distance up to your elbow.

This will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship, I can tell.

Since then, you have been unable to get the voice out of your mind. It speaks to you at all hours of the day, and when you finally drift off to sleep, it is there, in your dreams. You have tried to rid yourself of the sword many times, but each time you get rid of it, it reappears among your belongings the next day, chastising you, belittling you. Even throwing it into a pit of Khyber was not enough, and while you are of healthy mind now, you fear that it may one day begin to eat away at your sanity.

You can feel that it has an agenda, but the voice does not confide in you. In actuallity, it has proven quite useful at times, rendering helpful advice and suggestions. In battle, it has proven to be an excellent weapon. Unfortunately, whenever you draw it on a foe, how it does howl at being made to soil itself with the blood of your enemies.

Klik, Klik, Klik... Cease resisting me. I can give you everything you ever wanted. Trust me, Klik. Listen to me, Klik. Wealth, power, women... They will all be yours. Just do as I say. Klik, Klik, Klik...

"You are so cramping my style you damned toothpick of a weapon! I don't need you to succeed. I can do it on my own." Klik is miserable. He knows this cursed sword will win one day and like death, all it needs is to win but once and the game is over. "I have this wonderful idea. What if I say ....I go across the street to that lovely church of the Silver Flame and kick the crap out of your possessing monkey butt of a tattoo. There. I've said it. Now let me be."

OOC:
Let me know what, where, when and the such. Klik is ready to Kik some possosive backside.

Kaodi

Hero
Well, that was mostly just to see how you liked it. My last question is I guess, how open do you want the game? Do you want your first actions to define the direction story or do you want me to make an opening to get the ball rolling?

Also, one thing of note that Klik will have already noticed... For all the talk of him resisting the voices will... not once does he feel he has actually had to fight it for control. So far, its has been just like trying to resist someone who is trying to be persuasive, but that still leaves the choice up to you...

Its your game. You can get the ball a rollin' if you wish.

I'll try to remember that since that will clearly make a difference. At this point the sword and tattoo bothers him but he will use it as he to get what he can.

Meaning- girl likes tattoos- wait until you see this one and rolls up his sleeve to reveal it.

I'm sure more questions will come up as we go.

Kaodi

Hero
I've put up a short, open-ended introduction. I hope you like it.

The Name Of The Shadows

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=3345856#post3345856

In any case, you can do your own dice rolling, other than any secret rolls I do of course, which will probably be most things to do with perceptions (spot, listen and sense motive). I trust you to not fudge your rolls, though if its convenient for you, I'd appreciate if you chose a single set of dice to use and keep using them.

Last edited:

Remove ads