W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)

Wik

First Post
Round Two

ROUND TWO:

Initiative Order
Jamilee: 24
Jerrand: 18
Goblin "Caster": 15+ Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 9 rounds remaining
Worg: 15 Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 9 rounds remaining3 HP Damage
Semabin: 13 39/40 HP.
Tor: 12
Foot Goblins: 8 Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 8 rounds remaining
#1 (West)- 1 HP Damage
#2 (South) - 3 HP Damage
#3 (East) - DEAD
Human Wagoneer: 0/7 hp remaining.

Jamilee grumbles to herself. Observing the lack of effect from her spell, she scowls and sputters disappointedly. "..but Venn told me this would grnalways work! Oh, well.." before drawing her shortsword with her off hand and slashing at the beleaguered goblin with her cutlass. The attack is surprisingly well-aimed, which is why Jamilee is surprised when the goblin is able to deflect the blow at the last minute through the use of his shield.

Jerrand draws back his mace then let's out a loud, "Die VERMIN!!" The mace comes down hard but the crafty goblin blocks the blow with it's shield. The goblin grins with strain, and seems buoyed by its successes.

The mounted goblin slides down from the back of his mount, and points at the battling humans, giving a command in a harsh, guttural language. Soon, too soon, there will be a worg joining the fray...

Given a perfect opening on the goblin in front of him, Semabin strikes with both scimitars. One is deflected by the goblin's shield, but this move creates an opening that allows Semabin to bring a curved blade underneath the shield and slice across the goblin's chest.

The goblin gasps in pain, and looks down at it's chest. It drops it's sword to the cobblestones with a loud clang as it stumbles backwards, falling into the overflowing fountain nearby - dead.

Semabin leaps forward, ready for the next foe.

Tor has a clear shot at the worg, but only for a second. Without hesitation, she lets fly her arrow, which whistles through the storm - and she let fly at the right moment, because a heartbeat later, a gust of wind Obscures (Concealment Roll:73) the worg momentarily from view. The arrow is battered by the wind, but buries (2) itself in the furry mane of the worg. The arrow sticks out of the fur, but apparently has caused little harm.

The first goblin looks perhaps a bit panicked, and takes another swing at the waggoneer. The attack is furious in strength, and leaves a cruel gash (4) on the waggoneer's leg. He stumbles for a moment while the goblin laughs shrilly. While he is still alive, he is quite harmed and an easy target. (1 HP Remaining!)

The goblin in the alleyway (#2) seems to hold a flask in his hand. When he pulls the wooden cork, a gout of flame shoots out the top, hissing in the cold rain. Grinning maniacally, the goblin runs forward near a windstruck willow tree before hurling the grenade at Semabin. However, Semabin is able to Dodge (10) the grenade.

Grenade Misdirection. 1= South, 2=SW, 3=W, 4=NW, 5=N, 6=NE, 7=E, 8=SE. (1d8=2)

Semabin knocks the flask away without thinking, and when it strikes the cobblestones, it bursts into flame. This gout of flame singes all nearby - Semabin, a goblin, the worg... and the wounded human. He falls to the ground, badly burned and barely conscious.

"DAD!" the young boy shouts.

The goblin that threw the vial snarls in rage that Semabin knocked the flask away, and throws nervous eyes towards the worg. Staying in cover, he pulls out a crossbow slung across his back, his red eyes glowing in the cold summer night.

Attachments

• courtyard fight round 2.jpg
    courtyard fight round 2.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Round Two, Cont'd

(OOC: This will be added to the round two post, above, as well).

Given a perfect opening on the goblin in front of him, Semabin strikes with both scimitars. One is deflected by the goblin's shield, but this move creates an opening that allows Semabin to bring a curved blade underneath the shield and slice across the goblin's chest.

The goblin gasps in pain, and looks down at it's chest. It drops it's sword to the cobblestones with a loud clang as it stumbles backwards, falling into the overflowing fountain nearby - dead.

Semabin leaps forward, ready for the next foe.

Tor has a clear shot at the worg, but only for a second. Without hesitation, she lets fly her arrow, which whistles through the storm - and she let fly at the right moment, because a heartbeat later, a gust of wind Obscures (Concealment Roll:73) the worg momentarily from view. The arrow is battered by the wind, but buries (2) itself in the furry mane of the worg. The arrow sticks out of the fur, but apparently has caused little harm.

The first goblin looks perhaps a bit panicked, and takes another swing at the waggoneer. The attack is furious in strength, and leaves a cruel gash (4) on the waggoneer's leg. He stumbles for a moment while the goblin laughs shrilly. While he is still alive, he is quite harmed and an easy target. (1 HP Remaining!)

The goblin in the alleyway (#2) seems to hold a flask in his hand. When he pulls the wooden cork, a gout of flame shoots out the top, hissing in the cold rain. Grinning maniacally, the goblin runs forward near a windstruck willow tree before hurling the grenade at Semabin. However, Semabin is able to Dodge (10) the grenade.

Grenade Misdirection. 1= South, 2=SW, 3=W, 4=NW, 5=N, 6=NE, 7=E, 8=SE. (1d8=2)

Semabin knocks the flask away without thinking, and when it strikes the cobblestones, it bursts into flame. This gout of flame singes all nearby - Semabin, a goblin, the worg... and the wounded human. He falls to the ground, badly burned and barely conscious.

"DAD!" the young boy shouts.

The goblin that threw the vial snarls in rage that Semabin knocked the flask away, and throws nervous eyes towards the worg. Staying in cover, he pulls out a crossbow slung across his back, his red eyes glowing in the cold summer night.

Attachments

• Courtyard Fight.jpg
    Courtyard Fight.jpg
    717.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: Quick note: the area of effect is just there to show the blast radius of the alchemist's fire. There are not flames in the area, and it will not damage you to enter there. Also, Tor cannot fire at Goblin #2 - she cannot see him, in the heavy rains and the fact that he has concealment and partial cover.

Wik

First Post
OOC2: Also, Jerrand, would you mind posting your spell list here? Just for notekeeping sake. And, you can change your spell list to however you want it - we'll assume Jerrand saw this event coming, and happened to have whichever spells he thought would be most useful handy.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Round 3

ooc: this is all based on Jerrand not being able to tell the boys father is alive (being 10' away and the rain and all)

The body of the boys father falls to the ground. The flames on his clothes hissing as they die out. Jerrand strains through the rain to see where the attack came from, and then almost in front of him he sees glowing in the dying flames light the red feral eyes of a goblin."MONSTER!!" he bellows, and chargers forward mace held high. The swing has all the malice Jerrand has every felt behind it. The blow connects with a sicking crunch as he brings it down on the goblins unarmored head.

Round 3: full round action charge: Attack = 21 Damage = 7 Goblin number 2

Spells Prepared: 0 lvl - Read Magic, Guidance, and Mending
1 lvl - Cure Light Wounds(d8+1), Bless, and Magic Stones(d)

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Everyone asks that

ooc: i don't like that i may need the other spell so bad that i cast it and then don't have any cures i only get two spells to change and 9 out of 10 times i'm going to need a cure when i'm higher lvl and have more slots then i won't take cure light but right now i know i will need it almost every so i like to have it didn't cast bless because of the worg i may need two cure lights

Remove ads