• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee flinches at the flash and heat of the exploding alchemist's fire flask, but doesn't let it distract her; two paces through the ankle-deep water around the overflowing fountain take her within reach of the goblin that cut up the wagonneer. She repays him in kind, with interest - while she completely mucks up her main thrust, it is still a sufficient distraction to lether shortsword find an opening, and strike deep.

((Five-foot step W, full attack on goblin #1: 1d20+4=5, 1d6+1=4; 1d20+2=22, 1d6=6. Critical confirmation for her shortsword: 1d20+2=4, 1d6=2. Too bad. Until her next action, her AC is 18, since she can't use her buckler.))

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Round Three

ROUND THREE:

Initiative Order
Jamilee: 24 14/15 HP.
Jerrand: 18
Goblin "Caster": 15+ Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 8 rounds remaining
Worg: 15 Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 8 rounds remaining5 HP Damage
Semabin: 13 38/40 HP.
Tor: 12
Foot Goblins: 8
#1 (West)- DEAD
#2 (South) - DEAD
#3 (East) - DEAD
Human Wagoneer: -6/7 hp remaining. ON FIRE

Jamilee steps forward, kicking off the flames that lick at her feet as she trods through the muck of the nearby fountain. Her Cutlass and Shortsword Combo is easily able to snake past the goblin's defenses, and he looks down in surprise at the inch of metal protruding from his chest.

Angered by the attack on the human, Jerrand screams "MONSTER!" and charges the goblin with the alchemist's fire. The goblin's red eyes widen as the priest charges, and he turns to run before being bludgeoned to death with Jerrand's heavy mace.

The remaining goblin hides behind the worg for a moment, before its gaze hardens. It draws a thin, slender branch of a gnarled oak from it's sleeve, and advances forward. Pointing the wand straight at Jamilee, the goblin shrieks "Greysila!" and chortles madly. A small flash of flame jets out from the wand, and singes the hair and eyebrows of Jamilee and Semabin... as well as the inert, unconscious form on the ground. Luckily, the damp conditions prevent the fire from spreading too far, and everyone is only slightly burned (1 HP damage).

OOC: Reflex Saves for Semabin and Jamilee, to prevent catching on fire from the burning hands effect. It takes a full round action to remove the flames, normally - but because of the rain, I'll make it a standard action.

The worg snarls and charges Jerrand, who is still forcing the goblin to the ground. When JErrand turns, he sees an angry, over-sized wolf with fiendish intelligence in its eyes bearing down upon him. However, the worg leaps for Jerrand's throat too soon, and lands well in front of the priest - more than a little surprised at the inefficiency of it's attack. (Natural 1!)

"Gah!" Semabin curses. He is able to take a quick step and attack the worg as it leaps in the air to attack Jerrand. While one slice catches only air, the other connects and leaves a red ribbon down the creature's thick fur. (OOC: Yeah, Semabin is actually one square to the south. I forgot to update that part of the map, and I'm too lazy to do it now).

Tor grabs her bow, and dashes across the muddy ground, keeping her body low. When she finds herself in a good position, after passing the fountain (and nearly catching herself in the goblin's blast effect), she turns and readies her bow - preparing for a shot against the shamanic goblin.

The unconscious man's clothing slowly catches fire, and flames lick along his back. It seems that the woolen clothing he is wearing is not entirely waterlogged, and catches fire readily. (4)

Attachments

• Courtyard Fight.jpg
    Courtyard Fight.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Robichaud

Explorer
((OOC: Jamilee'll probably get a few new scars out of this: (1d20+4=10). Does she, or anyone, notice that the wagonneer is down but not quite out for the count yet? Even if he's unconscious, being set on fire might provoke some kind of reaction, after all. : > ))

Robichaud

Explorer
Jamilee catches fire. The searing pain makes it hard for her to think straight, but she keeps it together enough to realize that the goblin's wand is probably good for at least a few more helpings of fire, and so that if she stops, drops, and rolls, she'll simply get another serving right afterwards. The human, lying unconscious and burning on Death's doorstep as he is, barely even enters her consciousness, let alone her tactical considerations.

So she attacks the wand-wielder instead. Sadly, as intimidating as being aggressed by an angry elf on fire may be, her actual attack lacks a little zest.

((Jamilee fails save vs. on-fireness; see post #34. She moves SW, SW, and attacks - 1d20+6=18, 1d6+1=2. Someone more compassionate than Jamilee might want to make sure that the kid's poor father does not burn up and/or bleed out this round.))

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Wik said:
OOC: Reflex Saves for Semabin and Jamilee, to prevent catching on fire from the burning hands effect. It takes a full round action to remove the flames, normally - but because of the rain, I'll make it a standard action.
(Reflex save (1d20 5=12))
Semabin's superstitions keep him from reacting quickly to the fire, but he tries suppress the pain. I braved a burning house, I'll be able to brave this. he thinks to himself. "Someone check on the man!" he shouts to his companions shortly before he strikes at the worg with well-placed attacks.
(Talking out of turn, probably after Jamilee's turn, full attack against worg.
Dual strike (1d20 3=22, 1d6 1=3, 1d20 3=20, 1d6=5)
Primary attack is potential crit, rolling to confirm:
Rolling to confirm (1d20 3=20, 1d6 1=3)
Edit: Declare Dodge on Worg)

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
"Still alive? Sela be praised." Jerrand moves to the man and kneels down to lay one hand on the mans chest and using the other he gentle starts to beat down the flames.

ooc: 5-foot step NW, spontaneous cast cure minor(lose guidance),don't see a good move action that would be the same as patting the flames mightnot get them out this round but am helping

Spells Prepared: 0 lvl - Read Magic, Guidance, and Mending
1 lvl - Cure Light Wounds(d8+1), Bless, and Magic Stones(d)

EDIT: forgot to tell you Jerrand only has one aprroval i got one right away when we started but nobody else responded

Last edited:

Gobletchica

First Post
OOC: I'm back! Miss me? Tor didn't aim at Goblin #2, she aimed at the worg. which is still running about, by the way. If the rain lets up for a minute, do you think Tor has a chance of taking out the worg with her spear?

Wik

First Post
In round #2, Tor *did* aim at the Worg. Hell, she even hit.

In round #3, I NPC'ed Tor, as per your instructions. And, Tor didn't really have a clean shot at the Worg, what with all the PCs getting in the way. So, I double-moved her to get a good clean shot next round at the Goblin Caster... or move in to help the gurgling, burned human, as you so wished.

Also, Tor can always attack with her spear, though if she threw it, odds are good it wouldn't hit, and she'd be unarmed. Melee damage is always an option. There are, by the way, already three PCs engaged in combat with the worg (unless Jerrand pulls away to help the wounded human, in which case only the two experienced PCs will be battling the worg, leaving the caster without an enemy).

Remove ads