W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)

Wik

First Post
ROUND THREE:

Initiative Order
Jamilee: 24 12/15 HP. ON FIRE
Jerrand: 18
Goblin "Caster": 15+ Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 7 rounds remaining 2 HP Damage
Worg: 15 Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 7 rounds remaining16 HP Damage
Semabin: 13 38/40 HP.
Tor: 12
Foot Goblins: 8
#1 (West)- DEAD
#2 (South) - DEAD
#3 (East) - DEAD
Human Wagoneer: -8/7 hp remaining. ON FIRE

On fire, Jamilee's clothes begin to Burn (2) as she advances upon the wand wielder. She moves forward, blocking off Tor's shot as she does so. Swinging her blade expertly, the goblin is only able to block the defence at the last minute. The attack, however, puts considerable strain on the goblin, who is thrown out of position and slightly harmed.

Jerrand moves forward, taking a single step as he says "Still alive? Sela be praised." He is able to heal some minor damage with a standard action, though the man is still on fire. Jerrand should put that fire out...

Suddenly set upon by Jamilee, the goblin caster takes a step backwards before pointing at the elven woman with a long index finger. He back against the corner of a building, she stands in the runoff from the gutter abover her, absolutely soaked by rainwater.

"Flee." She shouts to be heard over the frenzied wind. (OOC: Will save for Jamilee, please?)

The worg seeks to bite Semabin. However, the worg is unable to bring it's jaws to bear (11).

Semabin is just barely able to shrug off the flames that threaten to engulf his clothing. "Someone check on the man!" he shouts, before focusing his full attention on the angry worg in front of him. Both attacks hit, slicing thin, red ribbons throughout the mangy brute's thick hide.

Tor's action...

While his bleeding has stopped, the wounded man is still burning (3). If the fire is not put out soon, he will be dead, that is for sure.

Robichaud

Explorer
The elf's confidence takes a sudden nose-dive, as cold fear claws at the edges of her mind, and amplifies her doubt from within -- you're on fire, this is some kind of spellcaster, you're hurt, there's a worg out there, run! -- but she holds. Barely. The expression on her face as she realizes she's been hit by a very similar spell to her own one, earlier, would be comical if the situation wasn't dead serious.

Still shaken, she presses forward and lets loose with both swords. Mixing it up with the goblin while they're under the runoff mercifully puts out her smoldering clothes and soothes her burns, even if it helps her accuracy none, and makes even more of a mess out of her general appearance.

((I'm assuming a will save of 17 is enough to pass, and that she's shaken until her next round. Depending on the timing of things, she may have a -2 penalty on her reflex save vs. the fire damage, but I guess a 19 passes either way. She takes a five-foot step S to pin the goblin between herself and the wall, and attacks - (1d20+2=15, 1d6+1=3, 1d20=12, 1d6=5).))

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
OOC: You jumped the gun, there. It was a Command Spell, as opposed to Cause Fear. So, no shaken penalty. And yeah, both saves were a success.

Robichaud

Explorer
((Ah, well.. you know what they say about hammers and shiny nails, or assumption. I suppose her actions are unchanged; the only things that're different are that her attack rolls are now two points higher than shown, and that I need to edit some flavor text.))

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Round 4

The poor man moans in agony as the flames on his cloths touch flesh and Jerrand realizes that the goblins blades aren't what are going to kill this man. Removing his soden cloak Jerrand places it over the mans body and starts to smother out the flames."Please divine Sela help this poor man and his son," Jerrand whispers a prayer.

ooc: full round action = extinquish flames

Wik

First Post
Round Four

ROUND FOUR:

Initiative Order
Jamilee: 24 12/15 HP.
Jerrand: 18
Goblin "Caster": 15+ Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 6 rounds remaining 5 HP Damage
Worg: 15 Bless Effect, +1 attack and saves vs. fear, 6 rounds remaining18 HP Damage
Semabin: 13 29/40 HP.
Tor: 12
Foot Goblins: 8
#1 (West)- DEAD
#2 (South) - DEAD
#3 (East) - DEAD
Human Wagoneer: -8/7 hp remaining. STABILIZED.

OOC: Sorry about the delay, guys. RL catching up, and all that jazz.

Jamilee shakes off the flames that were catching on her shoulders with ease as she tries to pin the caster against a wall. One of her blades catches the goblin's morning star, while the other just barely gets past the defences and leaves a tiny slash in the armour of the creature.

Jerrand, whispering a prayer to Sela, is able to quickly extinguish the flames as the rain beats down upon them.

The goblin takes another step backwards, and points the gnarled wand at Jamilee. "GREYSILA!" it shrieks, and another gout of flame jets out. (D= 2) (Reflex save for Jamilee; this time, though, she won't burn even if she catches. That might just get too silly).

The worg snarls and leaps for Semabin's throat. The force of the blow knocks Semabin back, and the worg is able to bite onto an arm (A=27; D=9). The worg than tries to bring Semabin to his knees (Trip Attempt 1d20+3=11). (OOC: I made a dex check for Sem. He passed)

Semabin is able to clear his arm from the mouth of the foul beast, and swing his blades. One is off-balance because of the pain his arm, but one blade cuts through the fur of the fiend, and draws blood. The worg howls, realizing now that it is truly injured and in trouble.

Tor is able to attend to the wounded man, and is able to stop his bleeding, even as the rain and mud threatens to seep into his wounds.

(OOC: And that's round four. Things should be up to speed, now. I have a few hours off tomorrow, and all day tuesday, and most of wednesday. So, yeah, things'll be good. Plus, I've already had my share of 4e, so that's not a worry on my end...)

Attachments

• Courtyard Fight.jpg
    Courtyard Fight.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Jerrand

ooc:still not approved but kickin' gobbo butt :) and how did you like 4th?

Jerrand stands grim faced and determined. He sees the goblin caster gleefully waving around his wand, but closer is Semabin and his combat with the red eyed wolf."That's enough!" Jerrand bellows,"Let go of him!." He brings the mace down on the creatures shoulder, theres a crunch and then a yelp as it releases its jaws. Jerrand stands before the beast his breath stead but his heart pounding in his chest.

ooc: Jerrand's players is also enjoying the fight. Round 5 stand up (move action), 5-foot step SW, Attack worg

A= 14 D= 9

Last edited:

Remove ads