• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

wanted - condition: EXHAUSTED

StAlda

Explorer
I'm very new to 4e, but as I've been going through the rulebooks I feel this characeter condition is missing.

Being new, I don't feel I have the experience with the new rules to create a balanced version of the condition. This thought process was sparked by the Sleep spell and the fact that a miss is the Slowed condition - wouldn't it be more appropriate to be exhausted?

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
I'm very new to 4e, but as I've been going through the rulebooks I feel this characeter condition is missing.

Being new, I don't feel I have the experience with the new rules to create a balanced version of the condition. This thought process was sparked by the Sleep spell and the fact that a miss is the Slowed condition - wouldn't it be more appropriate to be exhausted?

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks

I would use the condition Weakened to reflect exhaustion in-game.

Larrin

Entropic Good
Exhausted goes beyond a tired body, it is a tired mind too. I was thinking of something similar to DAZED, but it needs to affect the effectiveness of both body and mind.

Weakened effects all damage, so your magic is stunted too...seems like mind and body.

Or just combine them. You seem to be saying you want them to be able to do little physically and mentally, so Daze to limit actions, weaken to limit the few actions they can do, and slow them while you're at it. Thats a character that can't do much of anything, which is pretty much what exhausted seems to mean.

ebertran

First Post
What if you can use an encounter power twice, but the second time you use it, you become "Exhausted" at the end of your turn? You grant combat advantage and can't take any actions until the end of your next turn.

Seems okay to me....

StAlda

Explorer
What if you can use an encounter power twice, but the second time you use it, you become "Exhausted" at the end of your turn? You grant combat advantage and can't take any actions until the end of your next turn.

Seems okay to me....

Exhausted could be use for many things, failing some endurance checks for example. But combining Dazed with Weakened or some other condition seems heavy handed.

I was thinking something like this:
-2 to all skill and ability checks
half Movement
only Standard or Move action per round

But again, I don't know if this is balanced at all to the other conditions or the mechanics of the game itself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads