War Hulk

kayn99

First Post
I have some one interested in playing this class. I noticed it does not have a BaB that increases but has a strength that does. I am making sure for the player is trying to tell me it is a mistake and they get both. So is it right as written or is there some errata some where.

Kayn

Endur

First Post
No idea if there is a errata. I hope there is no errata. The class is balanced without a BAB increase. The +2 str increase at each level gives the PC a +1 to hit bonus at each level.

the Jester

Legend
As I understand it, this is completely intentional.

NO WAY would I give this prc to a pc and let 'em get both. Slap him silly for suggesting that. ;)

Scion

First Post
I've played a warhulk, it was fun ;)

But definately no BAB increase. My str of 40+ was enough, even if I didnt get many attacks.

Belbarid

First Post
kayn99 said:
I have some one interested in playing this class. I noticed it does not have a BaB that increases but has a strength that does. I am making sure for the player is trying to tell me it is a mistake and they get both. So is it right as written or is there some errata some where.

This is intentional and, from what I've seen, works quite well. And fits in with the whole "Stupid but Strong" idea for the class.

dvvega

Explorer
I think one of the main issues with giving him more BAB is power attack.

His increasing Strength will compensate for any loss of to hit bonuses and thus as a War Hulk gets BAB, they can transfer the lot of it into Power Attack and generate monstrous damage.

Add in his ability to just "sweep" the battlefield clean and yo've got rows and rows of little creatures being pulverised.

However as it stands it isn't out of whack. Now of course if some fool were to make him a Marshall as well -=chuckle=-

D

Darth Malakh

First Post
watch out he doesn't also take lvls of hulking hurler. that's where it gets silly. that guy could easily deal 200+ damage per hit as a ranged attack in a 10' by 10' area.

SplaT!

Malakh

Remove ads