War of the Dragon Queen - Complete set list and pictures!

frankthedm

First Post
Abe.ebA said:
Wow! I've been pretty 'meh' about the last few sets, but these look awesome. I think I may have to buy my first case of minis.

Question: What is the 'bluespawn godslayer' from and is it as nifty as it looks?
IMNSHO he is ugly and a waste of a Huge uncommon slot. I'd rather he be rare and the Eldritch giant be uncommon.

dnd_mi_20060427a_pic1_en.jpg
:p
Bluespawn Godslayer
Among the largest of dragonspawn, Bluespawn Godslayers carry the war into the lairs of metallic dragons and against the aspects of gods that challenge Tiamat. The Godslayer is a melee tank, capable of mighty blows from its electrically charged sword. It uses a shield fashioned from the skull of one of its victims, as much for protection as a trophy demonstrating its might.

In the D&D Miniatures game, the Huge, uncommon Bluespawn Godslayer provides a massive force for Lawful Evil. It lives up to its name, with both Dragon Slayer and Outsider Slayer abilities that bring its damage potential against the right target to 90 points per round. Against other foes, it still strikes for 25 damage per hit (20 magic +5 electricity) and can strike at foes up to three squares away. Defensively, the Godslayer boasts a 23 AC, Spell Resistance, and the best DR in the game. It's trained to fight even the gods themselves, so don't expect this guy to run away from anything that might find its way into a warband.

Last edited:

Abe.ebA

First Post
What? No love for the godslayer? It's big, it's got a lot of teeth, there's a really big sword involved and the skull of something equally large... It's not the most awesome thing I've ever seen and I could certainly think of better things to make a Huge mini out of, but it would make for a fairly memorable encounter in any game I ran. An eldritch giant would probably have a lot more utility, but the name alone says 'interesting adventure idea' to me.

Agamon

Adventurer
Please, please, please let these be painted better than War Drums. The sculpts are way too nice for a slop'n'go.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Abe.ebA said:
What? No love for the godslayer? It's big, it's got a lot of teeth, there's a really big sword involved and the skull of something equally large... It's not the most awesome thing I've ever seen and I could certainly think of better things to make a Huge mini out of, but it would make for a fairly memorable encounter in any game I ran. An eldritch giant would probably have a lot more utility, but the name alone says 'interesting adventure idea' to me.
I agree, it's neatness personified. It being rare or not doesn't really matter to me.

Though, I'd rather have a couple more gnomes...

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Agamon said:
Please, please, please let these be painted better than War Drums. The sculpts are way too nice for a slop'n'go.

Although most of the pictures are paint masters, they rephotographed any minis that diverged too much from the master version. So, the Huge Fiendish Spider on the poster is the production version (the one of the wizards website is the master).

Cheers!

Mad Mac

First Post
*flips open Complete Warrior*

Syreth. "The Guardian" Domains, Healing, Protection, Good, favored Weapon Mace.

Fer crying out loud, they chose the single most generic diety from Complete Warrior...

Felon

First Post
Abe.ebA said:
What? No love for the godslayer? It's big, it's got a lot of teeth, there's a really big sword involved and the skull of something equally large... It's not the most awesome thing I've ever seen and I could certainly think of better things to make a Huge mini out of, but it would make for a fairly memorable encounter in any game I ran.

I think it's the "could certainly think of better things to make a Huge mini out of" part that's disappointing. We don't get huges often enough to see them expended on esoteric junk nobody could have possibly been asking for.

Last edited:

Remove ads