War of the Dragon Queen - Complete set list and pictures!

Steel_Wind

Legend
MerricB said:
That's pretty much spot on for what should happen. Two cases on average will leave you 6 rares short.

Cheers!

Yup. The two biggest collectors in my group buy 5 cases between them and usually get almost 2 complete sets with about 2-4 rares missing, overall,from those two sets (so one or two missing, each). They fill those in with one-off purchases.

That's with 24 rares. With earlier cases, 23 (and 20), 5 cases would do two sets.

I end up buying two cases a few weeks later - 6 rares short - and trade with my friends to get down to missing one or only 2.

frankthedm

First Post
It's the same rarity.
Wrong. If what wotc calls a "Huge rare" shows up fewer than one in a pack, that means they are chase figures. There might not be a lot of them and they may show up more often than GoL Chase huges, but chase huges they are. The situation is far better than GOL at the very least.

DaveStebbins

First Post
frankthedm said:
Wrong. If what wotc calls a "Huge rare" shows up fewer than one in a pack, that means they are chase figures. There might not be a lot of them and they may show up more often than GoL Chase huges, but chase huges they are. The situation is far better than GOL at the very least.
Depends on how you want to define it. Sure, huge rares only show up one per three boosters. On the other hand there are only six of them so, on average you would get all six in 18 boosters (this assumes you care enough to trade any duplicates and, of course, random distribution doesn't guarantee anything). The regular rares show up in every booster, but there are 18 different ones, so you still have to buy 18 boosters to have enough rares to trade and have one of each one.

In either event, buying 18 boosters would, with expected distribution, get you six huge rares and 18 reagular rares. Sure, you might end up with less than six rare huges, but you might end up with more too. That seems like a pretty even deal in my book.

-Dave

Remove ads