• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War of the Dragon Queen - Complete set list and pictures!

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
blargney the second said:
By the way, thank you MerricB! I really appreciate the work you put into getting set information out as soon as possible. :)

Er, well, as soon as he's permitted to, anyway. :)

For this last set, I believe that (for a while) Merric had a bit more info than the rest of us...

Staffan

Legend
MerricB said:
35 LE Large Uncommon - Greenspawn Razorfiend
42 CE Medium Uncommon - Blackspawn Exterminator
At least now we know what they're supposed to look like... just need the Bluespawn Thunderlizard too.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I opened the mail this evening (I wasn't in the store earlier today) and found WotC had sent us some posters of the minis. So you should be able to see these at your FLGS now, or at least very soon. BTW, the poster is 2-sided, but unlike the GOL poster the huges are scattered throughout.

Yes the War Ape is small.

We also received a couple promos of the Small Fire Elemental. (Even the bse is transparent, though the edge is painted black)
8 points
Level (save) 2
Speed 10
AC 15
HP 10
Melee Attack +3 (5+5 fire)
Type Small Elemental
Special Abilities:
Requires Commander
Double Damage from Cold
Fire Shield 5 (Any creature that hits this creature with a melee attack takes 5 fire damage
Immune Fire
Mobility (+4 AC against AoO)

Nebulous

Legend
If i recall correctly, the War Drums release didn't have the full pictures available until well after the release date. Was that just a fluke? I much prefer like getting to see everything at least a month ahead of time.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Nebulous said:
If i recall correctly, the War Drums release didn't have the full pictures available until well after the release date. Was that just a fluke? I much prefer like getting to see everything at least a month ahead of time.

Yeah, we usually do not get to see the whole set this far in advance.

I *much* prefer knowing way in advance.

Felon

First Post
Nebulous said:

For some reason, WotC believes that customers should receive, at best, dribs and drabs of information about a product until the very month of its release. With books, I'd say the point is to avoid overshadowing their current release (since they publish a book every month). With minis, I'm not sure what all the mystery is about. If I really really wanted a large green dragon in April, the premature knowledge that WotC's putting one out in three months isn't going to diminish my interest in the set. Rather, I'll have the time to arrange to have the not-inconsiderable cash available to buy some boosters.

Likewise, keeping me in the dark until after the minis are released isn't going to trick me into spending cash to buy boosters that I wouldn't have purchased ottherwise.

"What? There's no Death Giant or Deepspawn in this set? Darn! I figured I'd just spend a few hundred bucks blindly and hope they were there...."

Last edited:

Remove ads