• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warforged Necromancer (Finished!)

DMAC

First Post
Working on a commission of a Warforged necromancer and his clockwork toad familiar. Here are the pencils so far. I'm planning on adding more trinkets and there'll be some sort of magical effect around his outstretched hand in the color version:

wfnecro1.jpg

Last edited:

Meloncov

First Post
I like the warforged toad (war-toad? forged-toad?)

The fingers look a bit too organic for my tastes, but the rest is great.

Ferret

Explorer
The drawing is excellent. Altohugh I don't think I fully appreciate how a Warforged could be a necromancer. But the drawing is damn nice :)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
...I had a character in my game exactly like this. His toad wasn't clockwork, but other than that - identical.

Very nice piece. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Demiurge out.

DMAC

First Post
Thanks guys.

Here's my second take on the pencils. I wasn't totally happy with the first version. Nothing crazy, but the pose has a little more energy to it. Some small details like the vertebrae aren't quite done but I'll fill them in when I finalize my lines.

The client asked for a couple of minor changes like making the skull on the staff human and tearing up the fringes of his robe a little more.

wfnecro2.jpg

DMAC

First Post
Pretty much finished with my pencil rendering. I drew the toad on his own so that I can position him however I want in Photoshop:

wfnecro3.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads