• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warhammer 40k RPG?

snowcone

First Post
I just saw this up on amazon. Has anyone played/read through it? If so is it any good?

Edit: Whoops, just noticed it won't be released till '07. Please carry on :eek:

Last edited:

scourger

Explorer
snowcone said:
I just saw this up on amazon. Has anyone played/read through it? If so is it any good?

Edit: Whoops, just noticed it won't be released till '07. Please carry on :eek:

Yeah. Can't wait, though. I'm running WFRP now and hope to also do 40KRP next year.

MadMaxim

First Post
I just pray that they get it right. WFRP is great and all, but I don't know if the same set of rules could be used for Warhammer 40,000. Other than that, I'm extremely excited as well. I wonder how bulletproof a power armor will be in the game? Or tactical dreadnought armor for that matter? And if there's even going to be game statistics for those?

Frostmarrow

First Post
There is going to be 3 role-playing games of 40KRP. In 2007 they will release the first one dealing with Inquisitors and their retinue trying to root out cultists and mutants. The second game slated for 2008 will deal with rogue traders in space and the last game will handle Space Marines and whatever adventures guys in power armour carrying chainswords and plasma pistols can have.

I guess the first one will be more akin to Call of Cthulhu with insanity, frailty, and investigation as themes.

I'm looking forward to it because Green Ronin rarely disappoints.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I read an intreview online with one of the GW bods about this a little while ago, and I am very much intriqued. Definately something I shall take a look into.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads