• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Preview Picture

RefinedBean

First Post
I look at that picture, I realize it's supposed to be an RPG, but I just can't wrap my head around it. :erm:

I'll have to do a one-shot at a con or something before I really judge it, but it looks like something I'd have a hard time getting immersed in.

DM: You've been bitten by a diseased rat! Take a card from the Disease deck, then roll your Misfortune die to see which limb drops off. Then move yourself two points down the Health scale on your sheet, and don't forget to add a Contagion Token.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I had a chance to handle the box for this monster at last weekend's Alliance/Diamond Retailer Summit in Baltimore.

It is a behemoth.

Can't wait to see how it sells. I imagine it will do just fine.

Emirikol

Adventurer
I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to play it on maptool...

I suppose someone will have to scan in the dice faces..or just give results..should be an interesting macro experience nonetheless.

jh

lutecius

Explorer
Pretty, but all these bits look even fiddlier now. It looks less and less like an rpg. Definitely not the same game. It's really sad that they chose to call it WFRP.

Also, for all this shiny expensive stuff, there are fewer careers than in previous editions and actions are now restricted by the number of cards available for each career.

It's a good solution to piracy though. No one is going to print and paste all this shtuff.
I'm not buying it either, mind you.

Last edited:

It's a good solution to piracy though. No one is going to print and paste all this shtuff.
That is certainly an interesting point and most likely one of several reasons for the design direction change.

My goodness it looks pretty and gets me salivating from a boardgame perspective as do so much of the FFG stuff that I have. I'll still get this knowing my chance of playing it with my group is next to zero.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Remove ads