• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warhammer FRP

Karl Green

First Post
I play it on and off with one of the groups I play with... I REALLY wish I could either start or get into a full-time game of it out here in Seattle... there are a number of people interested BUT we all have different schedules and live far apart :(

I personally love WHFRPv2 and have pretty much all the stuff put out so far (except the character sheets which I never buy those things)

Warhammer was the first RPG i played when i started ten years ago. I Still have a soft spot in my heart but most of my friends don't like it because they state it is too simple. But two years ago a friend ran a small campaign other five weeks and it was a great laugh.

Tinner

First Post
Yep. Every Thursday night.
The GM and I started playing Warhammer Battles 15 years ago, and have followed the world ever since.
This newest edition is excellent. The most streamlined and well defined ever.
I miss some of the odd stuff from prior incarnations (Fimir, Gods of Law, etc.) but all in all, we are really enjoying it.

KaosDevice

Explorer
Tinner said:
I miss some of the odd stuff from prior incarnations (Fimir, Gods of Law, etc.) but all in all, we are really enjoying it.

They ditched the Gods of Law, really? That's odd. They still have all the rest of the gods though?

the Jester

Legend
Yeah, omrob is running a WHFR campaign for our group. His 3e dnd stuff was always set in the WHFR setting, too.

The new edition, near as I can tell from only about 1.3 sessions (1 + character creation), is really cool. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Karl Green

First Post
I have a lot of the older, 1st ed stuff also BUT IMHO the 2nd ed/v2 stuff is WAY better. The rules are NOT overly simple but there are not overly complex either. Combat is deadly and you will never be an Eric Hero of the Empire but it is good for that gritty "We are just normal bloks wandering around in the wilderness, hoping we don't die"

AND I might have spoke to soon... cause there just might be a Sat WHRPv2 game starting up in Seattle on Saturdays :) yippy for me

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
It really is a great game. I have not had the chance to play regularly - just try it out a time or two. I think what impresses me the most is that it takes the best aspects of the original game and leaves out or addresses some of the earlier problems.

KaosDevice

Explorer
How is the magic system in play I've been reading some very positive reviews of it in...um...reviews but not anywhere talking about how it plays out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads