Fey
Celestial
Infernal
Abyssal
Shadow
Elemental

Li Shenron

Legend
sorcs and warlocks are maybe uncommon classes? maybe that is why they are more powerful than the others, there is suppose to be less of them around?

I was thinking the same, that they would slap a "rare" label on those two classes.

But I don't see what difference it makes, except giving an excuse to the designers if the class is a bit too wonky or more powerful than average.

If it's in the PHB, players will just demand it to be playable, and all players will have the PHB. Of course the DM can always rule zero and bla bla...

It looks so far like sorcerous origins (why can't they be called bloodlines?)

I prefer "bloodlines" myself, although I understand that it implies to be somewhat hereditary, while "origins" possibly include non-hereditary sources such as exposure to extraordinary magical events, being born on an outer plane, being influenced (blesses/cursed) by an outsider, or just a plain random occurrence.

Last edited:

One thing about origins or pacts, is they probably only have enough room for only so many in the core PHB. The rest beyond those will have to be saved for the inevitable splat books.

godfear

Explorer
I had just assumed at first that the level 3 power used a favor. If not, it would mean the warlock can never be sneak attacked, so I'm guessing it DOES take a favor.

I thought it was clarified that having both Advantage and Disadvantage cancels out only the extra die roll. Things that key off having Advantage (they specified Sneak Attack) still function. Of course, now I can't find the bloody reference. :-/

Remove ads