• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlords of Pangea Reloaded! [OOC]

Drowned Hero

First Post
trilobite said:
Bardic Sage was not one of the allowed classes that I listed above. I believe that the Savage Bard is though. Let me look at the class and see if it will fit in the setting.

Oh no! that's so silly. :eek:
i opened a pdf of the book and there did bardic sage showup. i did not see that the savage bard was on the next page :heh:

Thats changes a lot. the savege is a chaotic one. I dont feel comfortable playing chaotic....
Im goping to think on another class for the lizardman.

Voadam

Legend
trilobite said:
I have posted a character thread here.

Do you want us to wait to post completed and approved charachters there?

I've got my brigand done except a background and personality description I believe.

trilobite

Explorer
Voadam said:
Do you want us to wait to post completed and approved charachters there?

I've got my brigand done except a background and personality description I believe.

I would like the complete character in the rogues gallery thread at some point. If you want to put what you have there and complete it later that is ok with me.

Shayuri

First Post
Gleep. I need some help in character design.

Animal companion. If no list, then shall I just use the PHB standard? The Eberron lists that include dinos?

Also, the Natural Bond feat. I wanna be sure I understand how it works in your game. It's always been my udnerstanding that it can be used to offset the effective level penalty from selecting a more powerful companion, but I didn't want to take it for granted that this was the case in this game. :)

Also, it's not an immediate issue, but what do you think of the Beastmaster PrC?

RobotRobotI

First Post
I'm still here! I didn't die.

I'm having trouble coming up with background for a Xill character, though. Probably something that involves lots of violence. Do they fight a lot of wars?

Drowned Hero

First Post
Tooter Nutider

Ok i giving this another try. :)
Poisoned dart flying out from the bush to hit you in the neck. A dagger beeing hold
against your troath out from the palm tree you where quietly resting. Climbing ability
at best, master trap finder and disabler, sneak attacker, tracker (as 1 extra skill*),

*this char is a humanoid, do he recive one or two extra skills?

EDIT: Transfered character to RG.

Last edited:

trilobite

Explorer
Shayuri said:
Gleep. I need some help in character design.

Animal companion. If no list, then shall I just use the PHB standard? The Eberron lists that include dinos?

Also, the Natural Bond feat. I wanna be sure I understand how it works in your game. It's always been my udnerstanding that it can be used to offset the effective level penalty from selecting a more powerful companion, but I didn't want to take it for granted that this was the case in this game. :)

Also, it's not an immediate issue, but what do you think of the Beastmaster PrC?

-Well as for an animal companion, go with the Monster Manual but if there is something special that you want, like a dinosaur riding animal, just ask me to stat it out for you.

-What book is the Natural Bond feat from?

-Beastmaster PrC is fine!

Thanee

First Post
trilobite said:
-What book is the Natural Bond feat from?

Complete Adventurer

It grants +3 to effective druid level to determine animal companion bonuses from level, but is capped at the total character level.

The issue is, that if you choose an advanced animal (from the 4th+ or 7th+ level table, etc), you look up the table with a lower effective level... and the question is, whether the +3 can be used to raise this level.

This effectively gives you an animal companion of a druid 3 levels above your own (or 6 levels with the Beastmaster PrC, which specifically allows to exceed the character level, unlike the Feat).

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads