• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlords of Pangea Reloaded! [OOC]

trilobite

Explorer
RobotRobotI said:
I'm still here! I didn't die.

I'm having trouble coming up with background for a Xill character, though. Probably something that involves lots of violence. Do they fight a lot of wars?

Think of the Xill as a cross between Apache Indians and the Mongols.

They are nomadic and very war-like. They have different tribes and they do fight amongst themselves frequently. They have large dinosaur drawn wagons that they move from place to place in the great grasslands to the west. They ride a six legged animal called the Hunn which looks like a cross between a crocodile and a greyhound. They do have a code of honor though.

My suggestions for a Xill in the game.

-Have him exiled or lost from his tribe.
-HE owes a life debt to another player character. He would be indebted to protect the said character for a period of time. We can say that this has already happened or role-play it out. Like Chewie has with Han.
-Have him on a mission to kill someone that has a blood debt with him or his tribe.
-A Xill without a tribe or familiy. Have him working as a mercenary.

Last edited:

trilobite

Explorer
Here is a picture of some Pygmy Folk.

prairie-dog-fuzzies.jpg

Humans [Tojec, Vett, Keng, Oparian] get 2 bonus class skills.

All others get 1 bonus class skill.

Drowned Hero

First Post
I tok some liberties in describing the poison ting and some tribal things, maybe Tooter is a distant cusin to the ones in the picture, sinde ive described hi with skin and not fur. hope its ok, just got catched by my imagination :)

Anyway Tooter is not that hansdsome anyway ;)

The blowgun ting is going to be a killer. The sneak attack only applyes to melee attacks?

trilobite

Explorer
Drowned Hero said:
I tok some liberties in describing the poison ting and some tribal things, maybe Tooter is a distant cusin to the ones in the picture, sinde ive described hi with skin and not fur. hope its ok, just got catched by my imagination :)

Anyway Tooter is not that hansdsome anyway ;)

The blowgun ting is going to be a killer. The sneak attack only applyes to melee attacks?

You can sneak attack with a ranged attack if you are within 30 feet.

Shayuri

First Post
Thanks for the help, Thanee. :)

As for dino companions, in the SRD the weakest Dino would be the Deionychus, which is CR 3 and 4HD...with a -6 level adjustment. Seems a bit high to me compared to a dire wolf, but there we go.

There are a couple of weaker dinos statted in Eberron; the Clawfoot and Fastieth. I don't have my book handy now, but I'll print the stats tonight. They're both 2HD dinos that are probably more in line with the power level of a wolf, which is a good baseline for a "combat compaion."

Of course, if you rule that Natural Bond will work, I could take the Deion...but I shan't assume anything. My eventual goal is to have an actual riding dinosaur, like a Megaraptor, perhaps. They are, I believe, a -9 to effective level for selection purposes, which seems a tich high at first glance, but they can do quite a bit of damage really...

Edit: Effective level calc for dinos. Thanks online SRD!

Last edited:

RobotRobotI

First Post
trilobite said:
Think of the Xill as a cross between Apache Indians and the Mongols.

They are nomadic and very war-like. They have different tribes and they do fight amongst themselves frequently. They have large dinosaur drawn wagons that they move from place to place in the great grasslands to the west. They ride a six legged animal called the Hunn which looks like a cross between a crocodile and a greyhound. They do have a code of honor though.

My suggestions for a Xill in the game.

-Have him exiled or lost from his tribe.
-HE owes a life debt to another player character. He would be indebted to protect the said character for a period of time. We can say that this has already happened or role-play it out. Like Chewie has with Han.
-Have him on a mission to kill someone that has a blood debt with him or his tribe.
-A Xill without a tribe or familiy. Have him working as a mercenary.

I don't know a whole lot about apache or mongols, bummer. :(

I do like the first two ideas, though; anyone want to save a Xill's life in return for a Life Debt? :D

Drowned Hero

First Post
RobotRobotI said:
I don't know a whole lot about apache or mongols, bummer. :(

I do like the first two ideas, though; anyone want to save a Xill's life in return for a Life Debt? :D

That could be Tooter if you want. I was looking for a good explanation on how Tooter had his first meet with someone outside his endless jungle outback. Maybe Tooter and some friends rescued you from beeing someone elses dinner? Tooter get this super bodyguard and decides to take a look at how town is. Establishing contacts and job oportunities.

Write something down and i will inegrate it on Tooter's background.

trilobite

Explorer
Drowned hero,

It looks like you didn't factor in the Pygmy Folks racial ability modifiers of -2 STR and +2 DEX on your character sheet.

Remove ads