• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Water Problems [DM: Voda Vosa; Judge: Kalidrev!]

Llama_Bill

First Post
Kavac manages to keep pace with everyone else but he starts to sweat under the white robe which don't look quite right stretched over his large frame. He doesn't like covering his markings like this but he knows enough about the desert to trust the local's judgment. As he looks around it doesn't surprise him that the smallest two seem to be having the least trouble with the weather. As he reaches the edge of a sand dune he takes a large swig of his water. He calls out to the shifter in front, "How far do think we'll get before nightfall?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
The group continues to advance through the scorching sands of the desert. The sun proves to be an unmatched adversary, heating our adventurer's heads and bodies. Thirst is continuous, even for the adaptable shifter and the disciplined jadite.
Finally, the sun sets in the horizon, behind a set of tall dunes, and the heat is exchanged by frozen winds and sub zero temperatures! In a few minutes, the five mercenaries can see their breaths like smoke from a chimney.
[sblock=OOC]
Code:
            S     F
Kavac       1     2
Vardaal     1     2
Frost       8     1
Myoko       3     0
Torqua      2     1
Roll another set of 3, except for Frost, who skips the rules :p JK!
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Myoko continued to trudge onwards through the dunes. While the sudden change from scorching heat to freezing cold was abrupt and unnatural, between her armor and the protective clothing, she was able to withstand the shift. Privately, she gave thanks for the hard training she had endured, and she wished that she knew her companions and their odd physiologies well enough to be able to offer sound advice- if nothing else she hoped that she was setting a good example.

OOC: second round (checks 4, 5, 6), Endurance +9= 16, 27, 25 (3 more successes- it looks like I'm using up all my good rolls before we even get into a fight); rolls Roll Lookup

Llama_Bill

First Post
Kavac finds traveling at night much easier but the day had already done the damage. He manages to keep up with the group but he is pushing hard so he knows that this is a pace he can't sustain forever. As the sun is away he pulls up his sleeves and lets the felling of ice run across his body.

[sblock=OOC]
2nd Set of endurance tests: 28, 11, 26
That means I'm a surge down right? Does the critical help?[/sblock]
[sblock=Kavac's Stats]
Kavac - Goliath Barbarian 1
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 11
AC 16, Fort 16, Reflex 13, Will 12
HP 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 11/12
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Recuperating Strike, Howling Strike
Encounter Powers: Avalanche Strike, Swift Charge, Stone's Endurance
Daily Powers: Bloodhunt Rage
Racial Features: Mountain's Tenacity, Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Class Features: Barbarian Agility, Feral Might, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The swift change of temperature takes the Goliath by surprise, and he feels a intense shock in his legs. Myoko and Frost help him move along, to not delay the marching speed, but the barbarian from the mountains must make use of his inner strength to keep going.

Goldhammer

First Post
It might of been the sudden change of weather, but Torqua found the night near unbearable. Despite being numb all over from the cold, she still felt like there were hundreds of frozen daggers inside her, stabbing her with every breath she took. "I guess this is why they didn't want us travelling at night." The fat sorceress jokes, her teeth chattering as she talks.

Desperate for heat, she puts her hands near her mouth and begins breathing small puffs of fire, warming her finger with the flame.

[sblock=Rolls] 1+2=3, 17+2=19, 11+2=13 Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Farce

First Post
Unlike Kavac, who was having a much easier time, Vardaal was labouring in the intense cold of the night in the desert. The sweat that had accumulated under his fur now began to give him the chills. The bugbear's feat were like blocks of ice and he kept blowing in his hands to try and get some feeling back in them but Vardaal was not doing well and that much was obvious.

"There not even pretty ladies in the night, this is no desserts at all. Next time someones says 'hey Vardaal you goes to land of ratberry pies and they gives you golds to bash people', I no listen" the bugbear grumbles as he focuses on putting one foot in front of the other as he slips down a sand dune and rolls down it. He lays still for a few moments before standing up, shaking the clinging sand from his body.

[sblock=ooc]
1d20+2=14, 1d20+2=3, 1d20+2=10 Well... I guess ol' Vardaal's down 2 surges
I'm sure IC is just getting all those bad rolls out now so when combat starts, Vardaal can start criting ;)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Torqua is also battered by the sudden change of weather. No even her magic could protect her from this chilling air. Vardaal makes the best he can to help Torqua to walk, but he is already tired too, and the others are busy with the Goliath.
Torqua and Vardaal trip over a dry skeleton and fall over a dune. They both precipitate by the sand.
Vardaal lands smoothly, even given his condition, but before he can say ratberry pies, Torqua rolls over him, leaving the bugbear stamped on the sand.
This seems like a dire situation for our heroes.

OOC: Everyone roll a additional endurance check now!! I'm having so much fun =D

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads