• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

Mellubb

First Post
OOC: My bad I must have missed that part.

Warren scurries toward the wall trying to find something to hide behind. If he can see any orcs/badguys from that vanage point he will fire scorching ray to defend himself and the party.

Walking Dad

First Post
Into the tower

Collan ducks as the orc's javelin goes over his head. With a gesture, Collan reaches his hand behind his back and the javelin changes direction and floats back to meet his grasp. Handing off the javelin to the nearest one who can best use it, Collan keeps quiet, pats Jarek on the shoulder, and nocks another arrow.
Reggie sprints to and under through the portcullis
Warren scurries toward the wall trying to find something to hide behind. He looks for any orcss from that vanage point to fire a scorching ray but doesn't see anyone.
Jarek pushes Warren toward the portcullis. "Under you go," he says, "Let's all get inside where they can't shoot at us!" Then he wedges himself under the portcullis, helping to hold it aloft.
Paldon takes the javelin from Collan and looks at the tower to see if the orc started to summon "reinforments".
"Hurry, orc calls his friends, Toruk hears" Toruk says, moving next to the portcullis to hold it open.
Inside the tower you hear heavy bootsteps, coming from above. Easily a half-dozen orcs.

[sblock=ooc]
Initiatve:
Paldon x x x
Arrak x - -
Toruk x x x
Orc(s) x x x
Collan x x
Reggie x x
Warren - x
Jarek x x

Collan is next.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
If Toruk see an orc, he will shoot an arrow from his bow, and then draw his greatsword, for the melee.

[sblock=OOC]Redied action: shoot the first orc on sight: attack damage
Wow great rolls! I'm starting to think invisible castle really loves me!
[/sblock]

Lord Slaw

First Post
[sblock=I HAVE RETURNED!]Sorry for my absence, I just finished finals, so I'm free for the rest of the summer. No more delays! :)[/sblock]
Arrak strains to keep the portcullis open, swearing loudly as he hears the approaching orcs. "Damn! Under the gate, we need everybody for this!" Gritting his teeth, he barks out, "Toruk! Paldon! Jarek! Form up in front, prepare for engagement, hold the line! Collan, Warren! Form up on me, cover the front line! Reggie, keep mobile, try to catch 'em off guard!" He then quickly surveys the interior of the tower, looking for anything that could give an advantage.

[sblock=OOC]OK, what's in here (in detail)? Specifically, I'm looking for a nice sturdy table to kick over and take cover behind, to entrench our position and give a lurvely little tactical advantage. But, anything will do - glass, open flames, grenades... I just love creative tactical advantages! :) And, yeah, I'm going to help keep the portcullis up until everybody's under. Sorry if I seem rude, but Arrak's used to a pretty militaristic style of fighting, what with being a desert mercenary, and all.[/sblock]

Kenku17

First Post
Javelin in hand, Paldon stands ready to drill an orc

[sblock=OOC]Paldon will throw the Javelin at the first Orc that comes into range of the Javelin[/sblock]

Bihlbo

Explorer
Collan, elf cleric 5, hp 24/24, AC 16, Spells 0 to 3: 6/4/4/3

Collan ducks, springs, and rolls under the lifted gate. Kneeling to the side of the gate, bow in hand, he appears to be taking Arrak's words seriously.

OOC: Move action to squeeze through. Readied to put an arrow into the first alerted orc he sees within range.

Ilium

First Post
Once everyone is under the portcullis, Jarek slides himself out as well, wincing as the heavy gate slams to the ground behind him. He then struggles to his feet and moves into the tower, sword and shield at the ready.

OOC: Not quite sure about order of events here, but Jarek will hold action until everyone is through, then try his best to get to the front of the group.

Mellubb

First Post
Warren will scurry under the portcullis and try to find cover to hide behind. He knows another hit like the one he took will likely kill him.

Remove ads