• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

Walking Dad

First Post
Tower Fight

Collan ducks, springs, and rolls under the lifted gate. Kneeling to the side of the gate, bow in hand, he appears to be taking Arrak's words seriously.
Warren scurries under the portcullis and finds cover to hide behind a table. He knows another hit like the one he took will likely kill him.
Reggie is with him, hiding behind the table.
Jarek will holds his actions until everyone is through.
Arrak strains to keep the portcullis open, swearing loudly as he hears the approaching orcs. "Damn! Under the gate, we need everybody for this!" Gritting his teeth, he barks out, "Toruk! Paldon! Jarek! Form up in front, prepare for engagement, hold the line! Collan, Warren! Form up on me, cover the front line! Reggie, keep mobile, try to catch 'em off guard!" He then quickly surveys the interior of the tower, looking for anything that could give an advantage. He sees three chairs and one sturdy table. There is one door into this room.
The door opens and two orcs try to come into the room, but the first one is killed by Toruk's shot through the portcullis. The other one tries to hit Collan, but misses.The orcs are holding falchions.
Another ono appears on the top of the tower, but is killed by Paldon's javelin throw. He falls down with a gurgling scream.

[sblock=ooc]Two orcs dead.

Initiatve:
Arrak x - - x
Toruk x x x x
Paldon x x x x
Orc(s) x x x x
Collan x x x
Reggie x x x
Warren - x x
Jarek x x x

Collan is next.[/sblock]

Mellubb

First Post
Warren, seeing nothing to provide adequate cover, stays behind the fighter up front. He unleashes a scorching ray at the orc if it is not dead on his turn. If the orc is dead he will wait for another one to appear and scorch it. If more than one appear he fire at one using a ranged weapon if possible.

Ilium

First Post
Jarek winces as the portcullis slams to the ground behind him, then scrambles to his feet and charges the nearest orc, shouting "I'll teach you to go sticking my friends!"

OOC: If any orcs are still up and within a single move, take it and attack with longsword. Otherwise just get in the front of the group to be ready for any other arrivals

Voda Vosa

First Post
Toruk let his bow falls on the ground, and wields his massive Greatsword. He moves to the front, shouting in orc "I'll cut you down like trees!"

Bihlbo

Explorer
Collan, elf cleric 5, hp 24/24, AC 16, Spells 0 to 3: 6/4/4/3

[sblock=OOC]
Kenku17 said:
OOC:has Collan used the other Jav?
Collan passed that javelin off to someone else. Living Dad posted this: "Paldon takes the javelin from Collan." He later posted this: "Another [orc] appears on the top of the tower, but is killed by Paldon's javelin throw. He falls down with a gurgling scream." So, in poetic justice the javelin that missed Collan killed an orc. Nice!

If Paldon has other javelins, he hasn't used them yet.

Living Dad, Collan had readied to shoot the first orc he saw. I'm assuming he did not get a chance to do that when they attacked him?[/sblock]

Collan takes a step into the corner and pulls out a scroll rimmed with golden fur. His incantations are brief, curt, and stunted compared to the flowery speech he usually uses. The only effect the orcs see from his magic is a ripple spreading from head to toe, as most of the gold on Collan's clothing suddenly glows. But, they can see on their reflection in Jarek's armor as he charges something large, golden, and moving behind them!

Collan smiles at the orcs and says, "Come forth Eranon, and teach the oro'dren a lesson!"

[sblock=effect]Collan summoned a celestial wolf off of a scroll, appearing just behind the orcs so hopefully we'll get some flanking out of him. For kicks I'm calling the wolf Eranon, and I decided elves aught to have their own word for orcs: oro'dren. Eranon should get to attack the orcs this turn, and on Collan's next two turns before he vanishes. Here are the stats for easy reference:

Eranon (Celestial Wolf)
Medium magical beast
Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (13 hp)
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Full Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d6+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Smite Evil, Trip
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light vision, Resistance 5 (acid, cold, and electricity), Scent, Spell Resistance 7
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1*
Feats: Track, Weapon Focus (bite)
Wolves are pack hunters known for their persistence and cunning.
Combat
A favorite tactic is to send a few individuals against the foe’s front while the rest of the pack circles and attacks from the flanks or rear.
Smite Evil (Su): Once per day a celestial creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe. (+2 damage)
Trip (Ex): A wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+1 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.[/sblock]

Kenku17

First Post
OOC:eek:k, just curious...although that is something to think about buying later for the character, as I seem to always leave my guys without range potential.

Paldon redraws his greatsword as he readies to strike the next attacker in close range

Walking Dad

First Post
First Tower

Collan takes a step into the corner and pulls out a scroll rimmed with golden fur. His incantations are brief, curt, and stunted compared to the flowery speech he usually uses. The only effect the orcs see from his magic is a ripple spreading from head to toe, as most of the gold on Collan's clothing suddenly glows. But, they can see on their reflection in Jarek's armor as he charges something large, golden, and moving behind them!
Collan smiles at the orcs and says, "Come forth Eranon, and teach the oro'dren a lesson!"
[sblock=Bihlbo]Sorry, forgot your readied action. You have one good by the DM ;)
On that, I allow your wolf to appear instantly and not at the start of the next round.[/sblock]
Eranon smites the orc from behind and brings him down at the floor.
Reggie stays behind cover.
Warren, seeing nothing to provide adequate cover, stays behind the fighter up front. He unleashes a scorching ray at the orc, burning him badly.
Jarek still holds the portcullis, signaling the others to get in the tower.
[sblock=Ilium]I read your ICC post. I hope you are okay with this action.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]The orc took damage and is prone now, but still conscious.

Initiatve:
Arrak x - - x
Toruk x x x x
Paldon x x x x
Orc(s) x x x x
Collan x x x x
Reggie x x x x
Warren - x x x
Jarek x x x x

Arrak is next, round 4 completed.[/sblock]

Lord Slaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Out of curiosity, how far away is that table? If I could take a 5-foot step to get to it, then give it a good kick (move action, I presume?) to knock it over, then I'd have great cover to shoot at the orcs from. But, to be honest, it's mostly for coolness. ;) If that isn't doable, I'll just strafe across the room, moving 10 ft. to the side and away from the orcs, of course keeping within 30 ft. At that point, I'd take one well-aimed shot at any orc not currently engaged in melee. After figuring out the position of that table, I'll give a quick post describing my actions.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Tower map

attachment.php

Code:
 ..D
....S
..TT.
P...C
 .D.

S=Stairs
D=Door
T=Table
C=Chair
P=Portcullis

The portcullis is opposite to the stairs.

I hope this helps a bit.

Remove ads