WD's Gamma World OOC

Walking Dad

First Post
11 is Keen Ears (+20 on hearing based perception checks). It fits well with your bindsight.

Poor Respiratory System
After 5 rounds of combat, the mutant is fatigued for 1 hour.
If the mutant has been fighting but hasn't reached 5 rounds yet, a round spent resting sets the count back one round.
For example, the mutant could fight 3 rounds, rest 2 rounds, and then fight 4 more rounds. At the end of its turn on that 9th round, the mutant would be fatigued.
Each point in linguistics gives you speak/understand or write/read for a language. But you cannot start with more than base Ancient (English) read/write, as you have not enough literature in your village and no on who speaks it.
Similar thing for tech skills. But I would allow you to leave up to 3 skill points unspent to 'quick-learn' something later.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well in that case I'll have to go back to drawing board with the character. Design him as a common rogue rather than tech-savant. I mean if he's already spent 8 of ll skill points, that clearly not his main focus in life.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
What is the "common" tongue? Or would research not be considered only a "tech" skill? The ones I had that would be strictly "savant" were computer use, use gama device, and drive, actually unless we count as part of the mutation I don't how he would get two of those. By that I mean by being a real savant he instinctually just knows how these things work. Or would that come under use gama device? Although a point could be made that, that is trial and error.

These are the ones I had chosen so far:
Use Gama Tech Device +9
Repair +9
Research +9
Computer Use +9
Disable Device +9
Drive +9
Spot +5
Search +9

Sounds like I need to add listen at +25

So I guess he would still be the weird guy playin with the old tech. He would just be finding new 'old ' uses for the junk with jury rig. So take out drive and computer use, maybe add craft mechanical to go with jury rig? Oh! replace research with linguistics for read/write ancient.

So we have:
Disable Device +9
Hide +9
Move Silently +9
Linguistics +9 (read/write ancient)
Listen +21
Repair +9
Search +9
Survival +5

and possibly Treat Injury/Heal +5

With 3 in reserve how would that be?

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Uhm, sorry, but it is 6 skill points/level. Not 6+ Int Mod.

and we use this skill list:
Skills - Pathfinder_OGC

Use Magic device will be replaced with use Gamma Tech Device (Int). No spellcraft and Knowledges (x) will be replaces with more appropriate categories.

Craft/Tech sub-skills are:
• Bang: Explosives, gunpowder weapons, internal combustion engines, etc.
• Hard: Metals, alloys, structures, vehicles, armor, etc.
• Med: Medicine, surgery, medical relics, etc .
• Zap: Energy weapons, beams, force fields, etc .

What is the "common" tongue?
The pidgin your village (and hopefully the surrounding) speak.

rangerjohn

Explorer
So effectively the +10 int means nothing? I bow out, this is a rogue without sneak attack, useless. Actually worse its a skill monkey that isn't. The rogue blows this character sky high the others two characters make him look like he would have been exiled from the tribe. An effective Dark Sun half-giant and someone who generates a forcefield vs someone who can't be sneaked up on.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
The +10 Int means an effective +5 to all intelligence skills, including Use Gamma Device.

The +10 Dex is a +5 to ranged attacks and to AC.

It would look more impressive with higher base stats. But they give you a net +5 without any negative modifiers. Far from hopeless.

But this is Gamma World. You can end up with 20 in all abilities and without arms and legs.

rangerjohn

Explorer
But with only six skills he can't take advantage of it, he has to devote those to skills to survive. Which are not the intelligence skills. As it is he would have to get rid of one of those, so he is now a sub-par hunter and nothing else. The 21 intelligence means nothing. Which is just plain weird. He won't even know he is that smart, I don't think with six skills he will even have an intelligence skill, just dex and wis.

OK he winds up with:
Use Gama Tech Dev +9
Disable Device +9
Stealth +9
Perception 5/25 +20 listen checks
Survival +5
Linguistics +9 ancient

I guess they must be expecting traps.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
@rangerjohn so you are still in? Great!

@kinem @Shayuri

Does anyone need further information to make a character sheet? I will review them in this thread and will later make a proper Rogue's Gallery.

Character creation rules were in this post:

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Yeah, but he's going to die in the first encounter balanced for Shayuri. I feel like bats standing next to supes, and I left my bat belt at home.

Remove ads