WD's Gamma World OOC

kinem

Adventurer
If it makes you feel any better RJ, my PC can't do much either, although his main asset is being the only healer. Shayuri's the one who has telekinesis.

I didn't realize that mutations work the way they do, but hey, let's give it a shot. This isn't D&D. I believe that much will depend on what tech we happen to find.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Shadow 'named for his comfort in darkness'
Mutated Human

Str 13 +1

Dex 21 +5

Con 14 +2

Int 21 +5

Wis 12 +1

Cha 13 +1

HP 12
Move 30/20
Combat:
Iniative +5
AC 17 +2 armor +5 dex
Touch 15 +5 dex
FF 12 +2 armor

Saves
F +3
R +6
W +2
BAB +1
Melee
pincers +6 to hit 1-6+1 dmg 20x2 B?or S?
or +4/+4 1-6+1/1-6 dmg 20x2 B? or S?
Rend 2-12+1
Range
Longbow +6 to hit 2-8 dmg 20x2 RI 60' P

Feats:
Weapon Finesse

Skills:
Use Gama Tech Dev +9
Disable Device +9
Stealth +9
Perception 5/25 +20 listen checks
Survival +5
Linguistics +9 ancient

Languages:speak/understand village pidgin, read/write ancient
Mutations and Defects:
Heightened Dexterity +10 dex

Heightened Intelligence +10 int

Immunity to Poison

Pincers:Two natural weapons deal 1d6 damage each. The mutant can make a normal attack with one claw. If it strikes with the second claw, all attacks are at -2 for the round. If both claws hit the same target, the mutant "rends" the target for additional damage of 2d6 + 1.5 x the mutant's Strength bonus (as if wielding a two-handed weapon).

Blindsight 10'

Keen Ears (+20 on hearing based perception checks)
Poor Respiratory System: fatigued after 5 consecutive rounds of combat.

Equpment: Longbow 4lbs, 5 arrows .9lbs, leather armor 15 lbs, food and water for 1 week 7lbs food, 40 lbs water (5 gallons)66.9 lbs medium load

Description: Shadow is of average height, with red eyes and oddly shaped ears, although the thing most noted about him is his arms end in pincers. As one of tribe's better hunters he was sent to possibly keep the others out of trouble. He would also like a weapon like the chief's, although he is interested in all old-tech, and the ancients in general. He is also noted as being odd, he is often seen looking through the odd scratchings of the ancients. You would almost swear he finds meaning in them.

Anything I am missing? Oh Trayce old buddy ol' pal any chance you help with some of this water? :eek:

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
'Doc' Ivan

Cha: 13/+1
Wis: 11/+0
Int: 13/+1
Con: 13/+1
Dex: 11/+0
Str: 14/+2

HD 1d10+1, hp 11
AC 15 (+2 leather armor, +3 natural (scales)), touch 10, ff 15
BAB +1, move 30'
saves Fort +2, Reflex +1, Will +1

att claw +4 (1d6+2) or
2 claws +2 (1d6+2) and rend 2d6+3 if both hit
or longbow +1 ranged (2d4, 20/x2)

Psychic Healing: As a standard action, cure up to 2d6 damage by touch, up to 6d6 total per day.

Feat: Weapon Focus (claws)

Skills: Perception +4, Stealth +4, Heal +4, Gamma Tech Device +5, Craft (Med) +5, Survival +4

equipment:
leather armor
good longbow
6 arrows

description:
'Doc' Ivan is one of the tribe's healers, and this comes in handy when exploring ... and when his claws accidentally scratch his friends. He hopes to find powerful tech that will allow him to improve his standing in the tribe.

He is about 6' tall and covered in brown scales.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Trayce
Mutated Human

Str 23
Dex 13
Con 14
Int 11
Wis 11
Cha 16

BAB +1
AC 14 (10 + 1 dex + 2 natural +2 armor -1 size)
Hit Points: 12
Fort +3
Ref +2
Will +1

Feats
1 Weapon Focus: claws

Skills 6
Climb 1
Swim 1
Diplomacy 1
Intimidate 1
Survival 2

Mutations
Large Size
Claws, +7 to hit, 1d8+6 dmg
Telekinesis (CL5, 125lbs, +8 grapple, +3 to hit with thrown object) 3/day
Force Field (19pts)
Empathy (detect thinking creatures within 30', detect emotional states

Gear
--------
Barter

Weapons
Large Spear, +6 to hit, 2d6+9 dmg, 20'rng
Large Short bow, +1 to hit, 1d8 dmg, 60' rng
- 6 arrows

Armor
- Leather, +2 AC, 30lbs

Description
-----------
Trayce is a giantess, towering over nine feet tall when drawn up to full height. She tends to walk hunched over though, as if trying to seem smaller. Her frame is slender and flexible giving her surprising agility for someone so massive, and though her arms are not thick, they have a wiry strength that is beyond any but the strongest warrior's. Her hair cascades around her head in a series of long black braids secured by beads and other little bangles...her face would be pretty perhaps, though few men think of her that way.

In the village she is a hunter, one of the few female ones. Too big for stealth, she typically lies in wait as others drive food towards her. When it's too late for it to escape she lunges out of cover and spears or grabs it. Despite her ferocity on the hunt, she is much more gentle towards other people...her ability to sense their emotions means she tries hard to avoid angering anyone or causing unnecessary fear..

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
[MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION] I think the "good" weapon is normal. The other was to be primitive. However, I could be wrong. Will wait on WD for that.

Walking Dad

First Post
Oh, sorry...

all (non-gamma) weapons are either

- melee, thrown or bow

- primitive, good or hybrid

and have a size.

The rest of their types is just fluff. So a primitive greatclub, greatsword or longspear are all the same stat-wise (melee, primitve, large).

You start with 1 good and 1 primitive weapon.

---
all good quality:

Longbow 2d4 4lb
Shortbow 1d6 2lb
Spear (for large characters) 3d6 16lb
Short bow (for large characters) 2d4 4lb

all crit 20/x2

leather armor +2 AC - Max Dex +6 - 15lb

Walking Dad

First Post
This actual from the Omega World weapon table in Polyhedron Omega World mini game.

I think the mini game much more in line with the original Gamma World line than the horrible White Wolf books (from all former books, I take the least of them and the games Alternity incarnation).

I really like kinem's short description and would like to see something similar from the others.

Remove ads