We have a new wiki!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

I can edit articles, but I can't search.

Which is a bit of a problem, I'd like to find a statbox template, if there is one.

Edit: Or maybe not. This is confusing. A wiki is very difficult to use if you can't search.

Edit the second: Another issue. If a page has been locked (which is perfectly okay), visitors should still be able to see the source (the edit tab should say "view source" instead of not being there). I just found a page (this one: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showwiki.php?title=L4W:PC:Monkey_allofyouandyou) that had a good looking unit template, but I can't actually see the coding because I cannot either edit the page or view its source.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can edit articles, but I can't search.

Which is a bit of a problem, I'd like to find a statbox template, if there is one.

Edit: Or maybe not. This is confusing. A wiki is very difficult to use if you can't search.

Yup, like I said, there needs to be a concentrated effort at some kind of navigational structure. That'll come! And if folks want to help out, I'd be immensely grateful!

Edit the second: Another issue. If a page has been locked (which is perfectly okay), visitors should still be able to see the source (the edit tab should say "view source" instead of not being there). I just found a page (this one: L4W:pC:Monkey (allofyouandyou) - EN World D&D / RPG News) that had a good looking unit template, but I can't actually see the coding because I cannot either edit the page or view its source.

I don't think it is locked... I haven't locked any. maybe there's some kind of default behaviour going on that I didn't notice because, being an admin, the locks don't apply to me.

Are they all locked, or just some?

Jack7

First Post
I thought a new wiki was something like what the British call a trade-up naughty bit.

Still, if you're gonna get a new one then it seems like to me a working one beats a non-working one. So color me satisfied.

So to speak.

fissionessence

First Post
When I go to edit the Silent7Seven Games products, I click 'edit', and the text in the text box is totally different from what was written. I click 'cancel' and it goes back to normal. I could copy and paste, I guess, but I don't want to lose the formatting because I don't know the wiki code well enough to reproduce everything.

I need to add our new Huxtropy product and edit the spelling of the skill challenge entry; I appreciate whoever added it, but it could have used a spell check ;)

~

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Folks - I see that some poeple are still updating the old wiki. Don't, please. The old wiki is going away, and any changes to it you make now will not be saved! Please dn't waste your time updating a wiki that won't be there in a few weeks!
The issues is that Living Eberron and Living 4th Edition both use it extensively and heavily use templates. We are urging our users to keep using the old wiki until we make sure everything works... or have to move to a new site. So while we understand you want to uninstall it, please do not so so until we have had time to determine what is going to work best for LEB and L4W.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The issues is that Living Eberron and Living 4th Edition both use it extensively and heavily use templates. We are urging our users to keep using the old wiki until we make sure everything works... or have to move to a new site. So while we understand you want to uninstall it, please do not so so until we have had time to determine what is going to work best for LEB and L4W.

Well, the import can't be done again, so anything you continue to add to the old wiki will be lost.

Templates have been imported. They may need some adjustment to work with the new system (mainly because vBulletin handles whitespace differently to Mediawiki). But there aren't enough templates that that's a particularly onerous chore, and certainly it's better that everyone can access it instead of a lucky few percent.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Well, the import can't be done again, so anything you continue to add to the old wiki will be lost.
But the import was broken anyway: It using an very old version of the LEB Main page and only 2 of 10+ characters from LEB were imported.
Templates have been imported. They may need some adjustment to work with the new system (mainly because vBulletin handles whitespace differently to Mediawiki). But there aren't enough templates that that's a particularly onerous chore, and certainly it's better that everyone can access it instead of a lucky few percent.
Templates actually don't seem to work from our end at all; but that's likely a familiarity issue. The documentation about how to use them isn't super helpful (but I'll plug at it this weekend). We also did some other things with MediaWiki (sorting tables, etc.) which I haven't (yet) found support for.

I'll plug on it this weekend. Is this the thread for wiki bug reports then?

Remove ads